gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: NEED HELP!!!!!

Gotstang? Newbie!

Exclamation NEED HELP!!!!!

i have a 93 lx ex 4cly car. im running a 91 5.0 efi, 84 t-bird turbo 4cly t-5 trans, 91 trac lok 8.8 with 3:73 gears. i just put on new wheels and tires.155/80/r15 bfg's on 15x4 drag lights in front and 275/50/r15 nitto extreme drags on 15x8 drag lights out back. the problem is i had to remove the quad shocks to get them to fit now the car wheel hops violently. i took off the front sway bar and put more air in the air shocks it helped but i have to leave 1/2 throtle in second gear to get it not to wheel hop. whats the first thing i should do to fix it.

Hi S_G_P, your tires must be really wide, I have 16X8's on my GT and have no problems with them, I still have quad shocks on the car. My tires are not as big, 245/50, does your wheels have the right backspacing?

Gotstang? Newbie!

i would look at changing the rear upper and lower control arms. UMI makes adjustable ones. http://www.lmperformance.com/C/1/60.html check that out... they seem to have everything you would need.

Gotstang? Newbie!

traction bars probably wouldnt be a bad idea either. http://www.globalwest.net/1979-2004_...raction%20kits

No go

275s are like a 9in rim tire. I wouldn't go past 255 with 8in rims.

Gotstang? Newbie!

the backspacing and tire size is what they recomended. they are 5.50 backspacing and a 275 is what was recomended for a 8in wheel. they look good but the tire dosnt stick out they stick in wear i had to dent the factory tailpipes to get clearence. ill get some pics tomorrow and post them. i found a drag kit from maxium motorsports for like 600 im probly going to order. most of it i belive is due to the weak spring on the passenger side. i made a pice to lift and stiffen the spring and she did A LOT better. thanks for the help.

Gotstang? Newbie!

heres a few pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information