gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Moderator

Default Followed, but not shakin'

Since I got the work done on the car I have been followed twice by two different mustang owners.

Both followed me through Henderson Nevada (the town where I live) and then almost into my housing development. Not sure if they wanted to ask me a question about the car or not. Maybe felt uncomfortable actually following someone to their house. Both events happened in the same week.

I have had a few cars pass by the stang slowly looking at the hood on the car while parked in a parking lot. Kinda makes you feel like you've taken the mustang in the right direction.

Just keep an eye out! I had a guy follow me home when I had my 89. They were looking to steal it. They ended up stealing a guys 91 that I hung out with. People a F-ing crazy!!

2001 Bullitt
    DHG
    O/R X-pipe, Optima Red Top Battery, Fog Lights

Gotstang? Regular

Yes def. keep an eye out. Did I tell you about the guy I knew who took his car to major shows... one time we were coming back after he won a bunch of stuff that got attention, and some dude tailed him through all kinds of crazy back roads. Once we established he was being followed, we lost him but he said it happened all the time, so he was always looking over his shoulder.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

Yes Tim be careful, there are alot of crazy people in this world!! But maybe they just Love How your Stang looks hopefully!! The work you did to it is Amazing what a transformation!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Gotstang? Moderator

Thanks ya'll. I don't think my car is nice enough to steal, but I will keep an eye out just in case. She's kept in the garage whenever I am at home.

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

maybe they wanted to race you.

Gotstang? Moderator

No they just followed. None of the normal hot rod stuff that can go on when someone wants to race. I passed one, he got in behind me and the other was two lanes over and crossed over to get up behind me rather than come up along side. They were both 87-03 mustangs and were likely just lookyloos.

Gotstang? Regular

Maybe they needed some parts since they're getting harder to find... Then again, when the Mustang anniversary was held here, I couldn't resist hanging with them on the highway for a few mins just because it was fun to have a whole convoy overrunning the place.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

Nowadays I dont think you can be to paranoid.Hopefully not to the point of always looking over your shoulder but enough to be aware of what is going on. I know I am one who is always aware of what is going on aorund me. I have been,what I thought was being followed,and I just keep driving till I am sure no one is tailing me and then will go home. I am sure if someone got your plate they could probably find out where you live if they wanted to anyway.

My dad always say I am too paranoid.Well around here breakins are on the rise.People will knock on your door and check it and walk right in if unlocked.In one section of town burglers were actually using night vision goggles so they didnt have to use flashlights. I finally had security system installed,also in garage and will be installing motion lights front and back of garage.If anyone else is or has installed security system and have exposed phone lines it would be wise to get the cell backup because burglers are wise to cutting phonelines before breaking in.
    Wish I had the motion lights already installed.Had some punk wannabe bangers tag my nice dirveway with a bunch of crap,was fun scrubbing that off.

I remember this past summer I passed a city truck on my way to a parts store and pulled in the parking lot and as I got out I seen that truck pull in I thought oh great,probably gonna chew me out form passing him like I did.Turns out he wanted to know how I got my turn signals to flash like they do. Told him what I did and where I bought the kit.He said he just bought a Mustang and would be ordering a sequential/chase kit also.Makes you feel kind of good about your mods when someone actually follows you and stops by and compliments you on them.

Thread Information