gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Default Whoah - anyone have this?

This sucker pulls the RPM's outta the cig lighter! They claim it's the only thing in the WORLD that does it! That - and it's accurate to within 0.1 in the quartermile... and gives you dyno information ( hp and tq ) on every pass! Can even be used on the street!

Anyone have one - or have played with this model? The older ones weren't THIS advanced!

G-Tech

402 RWHP / 391 RWTQ ( @ sporked 11.5:1 A/F ) - Naturally Aspirated
    408ci Scat stroker / AFR 205 heads / Crower Mech. Roller cam / Edelbrock Victor Jr intake / Holley 750 DP
    Richmond 5 speed / Mark Williams 35 spline axles / MW solid spool / 3.00:1 gears
    '02 Mustang GT wheels / Pirelli P-Zero Nero 275x40x17 R - 235x45x17 F

sweet. i have the d-pic. only thing i did with it so far is a 3.6 0-60. i also kave the avic witch has a tach. never use it tho. its hard to find a place in my neighborhood to unload 550 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by sicboy
    its hard to find a place in my neighborhood to unload 550 hp.
    Wow - 550HP on stock internals, tranny, and rearend! That's amazing! Is that FWHP ( without accessories ), BHP ( with accessories ), or RWHP? Ford sure builds them right!

I WILL definitely get one. Dunno if it'll be before the wideband o2 setup or not, but it's a must for me! I do all my tuning on the back roads near work!
    Last edited by fordfanboi; 12-22-2005 at 06:16 PM.
    408ci Scat stroker / AFR 205 heads / Crower Mech. Roller cam / Edelbrock Victor Jr intake / Holley 750 DP
    Richmond 5 speed / Mark Williams 35 spline axles / MW solid spool / 3.00:1 gears

Token Camaro Lover ClintEastwood's Avatar

its hard to find a place in my neighborhood to unload 550 hp.
    i just drooled all over
    White 1998 V6 Mustang
    Mods: Gotstang? stickers

I dont want to be reduced to driving some sort of econobox trash while my blown Mustang waits at home in the driveway - Jim Campisano, editor of MM&FF Magazine
    THANKS TO HMONGS SISTER FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!!!

its rwhp. thats on pumped gas 91 oct. a pilley change and race fuel takes it to 600ish. it is stretching the clutch thin.

Damn Sicboy, I knew you were pushing some good power, but I didn't realize you were up that high! Just like the Dodge commercial, SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!

2001 Bullitt
    DHG
    O/R X-pipe, Optima Red Top Battery, Fog Lights

its rwhp. thats on pumped gas 91 oct. a pilley change and race fuel takes it to 600ish. it is stretching the clutch thin.
    VERY impressive! Gotta love Ford! It's no wonder I'm a Ford Fanboi!

Wheelspin is wheelspin, I want that blower whine BAD, but the 347 already blows the tires off at will...Adding more power will just blow them off in 4th gear too.

I hate to quote old magazine articles, but they took the original G-tech and ran it at the track, the ET's were within a tenth of each other pass after pass. The mph was different, but that was attributed to the way the track calculates trap speed versus the no shit speed the g-tech provided. Money well spent in my book.

[

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlo5.0
    Wheelspin is wheelspin, I want that blower whine BAD, but the 347 already blows the tires off at will...Adding more power will just blow them off in 4th gear too.

I hate to quote old magazine articles, but they took the original G-tech and ran it at the track, the ET's were within a tenth of each other pass after pass. The mph was different, but that was attributed to the way the track calculates trap speed versus the no shit speed the g-tech provided. Money well spent in my book.
    its almost like hp is the easy part. its traction thats tricky. im workin on my irs now. then some stickeys and hopefuly some mid 10s...

its almost like hp is the easy part. its traction thats tricky. im workin on my irs now. then some stickeys and hopefuly some mid 10s...
    -Black '03 GT

Exactly! I only have approx 450 RWHP ( no boost yet ) but she weighs ~2850 lb dry and is hell to hook up without slicks I've gotta get that problem solved before considering installing a power adder.

The G-Tech looks like a fun tuning toy - will have to snag one soon!

I'm a Rocket Scientist! Black Stallion's Avatar

I kinda want one of those but I don't know if they are worth it, or just a waste.
    1998 Mustang GT Coupe & 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

I hear ya - was hoping someone had used one and knew for sure before dropping $200. I guess I'll likely get one just so I can see it give me tach readings from the Cig lighter!

One of the guys I work with has one of the older ones for his Impala SS. He said it was worth the money. I am thiking about getting one, the price for it equals about 3 dyno sessions.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not willing to run 90/10's on a street car, nor will I give up my lowered stance for traction. I'll spend a couple grand on torque arms and panhard bars and whatever else is necessary (18x10.5's w/315's?)

The G-tech should have been on my Christmas wish list this year.

[

here's a vid of a guy testing it out in his Cobra...
    http://www.williamyoungblood.com/Vid...%20g-tech.mpeg
    -Black '03 GT

Gotstang? Newbie!

Yeah I got one for christmas this year and it shows that I run 8.7s in the 1/8mile and 12.87 in the 1/4mile 0-60 time of 4.3 the only time that I can confirm is the 1/8 because I ran it at the local 1/8 strip and I ran a 8.56? something like that, they are pretty cool it tells you everything. I got the expensive version the RR road race version and I think that It is worth it. sorry im a year late on the post but I just found it.

Thread Information