gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    GS Dynasty

Cool FS: 9904 Strut brace

like the title says...its currently painted red and has a couple small scratches here and there....very easily repaintable if desired....$75 shipped to your door.
    PM me or email me frogiiie@adelphia.net
    pix are on my site...will work with centrifigual superchargers.....just going a different route.

Paypal accepted.

what brand is it????..also how easy is the install??
    Last edited by Davegt02; 10-22-2006 at 05:04 PM.

GS Dynasty

i believe it was originally purchased from blue oval....i cant remember...the install is fairly easy, as simple as drilling a few holes and nut and bolting it.

GS Dynasty

btw, the nice part about this strut brace is it will work with almost every cold air kit out there and most superchargers...not all of them are designed for that.

was it hard to nut the bolts on the firewall???

GS Dynasty

actually, on mine, i drilled the holes for it and stuck the bolts in, i never actually bolted it there, but as for being hard ....no...if you remove the black plastic wiper cowl you haver full access to where those bolts would go through....

GS Dynasty

Sold to Davegt02....Thans again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlzGT
    Sold to Davegt02....Thans again!!!
    thank-you.....

Gotstang? V6 Team stangracer44t's Avatar

there not to hard to bolt up to the firewall. Just dont put too much force on the wiper cowl, cause there really fragile, and mine snapped when puting it back on.

"Do you remember the little red button? Push the little red button, and you might want to fasten your seat belt!"

Quote Originally Posted by stangracer44t
    there not to hard to bolt up to the firewall. Just dont put too much force on the wiper cowl, cause there really fragile, and mine snapped when puting it back on.
    for the advice

GS Dynasty

when you get it and are ready to install it, i have a tip for making the wiper cowl remoal a piece of cake, and will send you pictures of what i mean.

Shipping was delayed a day because of getting stuck at work and i couldnt make it to the shipping place... you should have it in just a few days since your not toooo far from me.

when you get it and are ready to install it, i have a tip for making the wiper cowl remoal a piece of cake, and will send you pictures of what i mean.

Shipping was delayed a day because of getting stuck at work and i couldnt make it to the shipping place... you should have it in just a few days since your not toooo far from me.

taking it off was easy, its the re-installing it that sucked! There 115 to replace!

"Do you remember the little red button? Push the little red button, and you might want to fasten your seat belt!"

GS Dynasty

my advice for install is for install and removal...makes it a breeze, ive had mine off and back on 100 times. didnt break once.

GS Dynasty

shipped! sent you the tracking info! Thanks again!

shipped! sent you the tracking info! Thanks again!

well it looks like its gonna fit.....

do you have the simple wiper cowl removal directions?

Do i have to remove the plastic piece thats below the wiper cowl or just drill threw it??

when i test fitted it the back of the brace really doesnt fit snugly with the rear of the firewall...it was seated against the strut towers..it was like a finger gap..is that how its suppose to be??

GS Dynasty

it fit snug against the wall on mine. is it hitting the CC plates? sitting flush on the strut towers? btw, make sure you test fit where you want it with your intake on as there is room to slide it back and forth..once on, it may not look 100% centered, but thats because of the sape of it...it tricks the eyes a little bit.
    i drilled through the plastic piece and the firewall.
    as for the cowl...remove that pice of weather stripping above the fireall, and remove the plastic screws holding the cowl in place. then if you open your door...there should be a bolt behind it near the fender...removing it allows the outer side windshield trim to move just enough to get the wiper cowl off. Not only is the cowl screwed on, but its initially held by snap clips. Take your time...pull a little up at a time working from one side to the next...just try not to flex the cowl too much on any given side...they have a little give, but not much.
    removing those bolts behind the door (above the hinges, 1 on each side) and moving those outer windshield (a piller) makes it super easy....I will see if i can get you a pic of it if you need it. hope that helps!

GS Dynasty

oh, and remove the wiper arms for the cowl removal too.

no its not hitting the plates...it seems like on the firewall there is a slight bludge in the middle that prevents it from sitting flush...im sure once i mark up the holes and drill and tighten it all down it should be good...ill mess around with it and try and figure it out...
    it fit snug against the wall on mine. is it hitting the CC plates? sitting flush on the strut towers? btw, make sure you test fit where you want it with your intake on as there is room to slide it back and forth..once on, it may not look 100% centered, but thats because of the sape of it...it tricks the eyes a little bit.
    i drilled through the plastic piece and the firewall.
    as for the cowl...remove that pice of weather stripping above the fireall, and remove the plastic screws holding the cowl in place. then if you open your door...there should be a bolt behind it near the fender...removing it allows the outer side windshield trim to move just enough to get the wiper cowl off. Not only is the cowl screwed on, but its initially held by snap clips. Take your time...pull a little up at a time working from one side to the next...just try not to flex the cowl too much on any given side...they have a little give, but not much.
    removing those bolts behind the door (above the hinges, 1 on each side) and moving those outer windshield (a piller) makes it super easy....I will see if i can get you a pic of it if you need it. hope that helps!

once you drill the holes and put bolts through it should pull it out a little bit.

Thread Information