gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: New Mustang

Looking For Power

Default New Mustang

Hello my Names Michael and im a hp junkie lol after wanting to own a mustang sense i was 10 and my father owned a 5.0 87 gt and sold it i miss that car i am currently workin on getting my hands on a 1987 mustang gt 50. but has a sum problems,the speedodemeter dont work,rust on the top near sunroof,trunk lid,no ac,rust on the rear quater panel above the tire,a hole in the floor board from where it rusted,Needs exhaust pipes but the owner has the h-pipes.im going to have the catbacks ordered and at my house b4 i buy the mustang. the big thing is he dosent have the title OUCH
    but other then that its in ok shape interior is wonderful except for the hole in the driver side floor pan.Im new to working on mustangs but im sure it wont be a problem hooking up the exhaust system im sure i can replace the speedo cable and probally cut the hole out in the floor and sheet metal it my thing is do you guys and ladies think its worth getting he only wants 700 bucks for it he says its got a pair of trickflow heads on it but who know gonna look at it next week.Can anyone tell me if haveing high flow cats ok for inspection its a five speed by the way. Is there a website where i can order a floor pan or are they not replaceable. this car was made the year i was born haha

You might check out http://www.yearone.com/ for your body parts .. I know several guys that have ordered from them and are very satisfied with the quality of the parts .. as far as the high flow cats go, I would make friends with someone that does the inspections and ask for their advice before I spent any money. They might steer you to a company that will sell you stuff that will pass inspection.. Just my thoughts on the subject .. Best of luck on you project and lets see some pix of you progress.

Tim

Thread Information