gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: Radio Removal

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Radio Removal

Hello does anyone know how to remove the stock radio on the 05 Mustang. I wish to replace it with an aftermarket and it seems like the whole center counsel has to be removed. Is this so or is there a way to get the radio out without doing so. Or is there a sight I can go to. I am also looking to do the same for an 06 Chrysler 300. I would greatly appreciate the input.

Gotstang? Regular

I took out my entire sound system and rebuilt it from scratch; ordered components that came with detailed diagrams & instructions from Crutchfield.com. Their site is helpful for many different car models, and they respond to emails if you have post-purchase questions. Nothing stumped them; even crazy questions about wiring up multiple speakers & amps with DVC subs got thoughtful and very useful responses.

Mine's an '03, so probably a bit different than yours, but I did have to remove the plastic around the cigarette lighter / air vents to get the radio out. It's pretty easy once you find out how things are snapped in from the Crutchfield diagrams. Otherwise you could waste time pulling on something that won't budge, only to realize it's screwed down tight, lol. Be sure to get the right prying tools to avoid scratching the plastic.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

Gotstang? Newbie!

the best sounding least intrusive setup would be a MTX thunderform. It is a single ten in a custom box that mounts behind the passenger side wheel well in the trunk it provides quite a bit of bump and looks like it came from the factory. As fars 2 12's causing less rattling it is the opposite they will produce more and bass and lower bass and take up most of your trunk. The big thing is the box, the box many times makes a bigger difference than the sub

1998 Bright Atlantic Blue Cobra
    #1464 of 5174 built on 12/03/1997
    magnaflow catback
    K&N Air Filter
    FR-500 steeringwheel
    248RWHP
    259RWTQ

Thread Information