gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    stock as a rock
    Owensville IN USA the only one that matters

Default 1994 gt mustang diablosport chip issues

Hello again. Been a long time since I posted anything about my ride.
    I have an issue with a diablosport chipmaster revolution chip I had tuned. I installed a stroker engine, alum heads, systemax intake, 76mm c+l mass air, 75mm throttle body, 30lb motorsport injectors, aeromotive pressure regulator, holley 255 lph pump, yada yada yada.... you get the point.

I had this thing tuned on a dyno with the diablo chip and made about 300 at the wheels. perfect a/f ratio and all with little tweaking of the tune that diablo sent for this combo. I thought this was not bad for a start, and called it done. We then shut off the car, unstrapped it from the dyno, PUSHED the car off the rollers, and proceeded to bullshit for a few minutes.

When I tried to start the car to leave, It wouldnt start. Kinda felt like the timing was waaaay off, and loading up on fuel. We then removed the chip from the computer and it ran off the stock ford tune. We then checked the tune loaded in the diablo chip and it was the same as it was 10 minutes before when it made 300 at the wheels. Put the chip back in and... the same thing happened. car wouldnt start. I then pull it back out and drive it home on the stock tune.

Does anyone know anything about these chips or has had a similar problem? I really dont know what is wrong with this thing. I gotta get this straightened out so I can start on a nitrous tune for a 225 shot.

Please help!!!!!
    Come on man, its stock! How could you loose!

stock as a rock

Nobody has worked with a diablo chip before? Interesting...

Did you make sure you cleaned the plug contacts where they connect? There is a film on them and you will mess up the chip if you do not clean the contacts before installing.

stock as a rock

It was wiped off, but Im gonna get a razor and scrape it and clean it with alcohol and see what that does.

Thread Information