gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Default J., Judged Face Off #901 Should be overulled!

This is mainly to J, are judges playing favorites again? Making their own changes and winner? jWell, Face Off #901 should be looked into! And overruled I find reasons to disagree with Judge 2 and 3's comments for their choice! Subtleness and sleeper? This says Best Overall Car! Not best sleeper. Engine on DSG is sweet, sorry very plain and no detailing. They are both equal on interiors being clean, but 1NT SOME has a few mods there and there is enough info on both sites.1NT SOME is has the better exterior, enginebay, and undercarriage to equal a win.

It just you wager by what the face off says and the Stangers have on their sites and it gets changed around to something else as a reason for the win.

Anyone else agree or disagree comments are both welcome.

Sam's 03 Terminater

When you have close face offs like that one was it is hard to say what is what. They both have good sites and awesome rides. I was chattin with 91 GT bout it today. I really dont think that the judges made a bad choice. It is the judges OPPINION of who THEY think should win. I never bet on ones like that simply cause of that. I think Dsg had everything but exterior on that one but that is just me. Not taking anything from 1nt some cause his Stang rocks. Dude there has been several face offs that were in no way judged correctly and we all have lost streaks and points ones that were fifty times worse than this one and they never gotten over turned. Dont think it will happen here either.
    Last edited by yosemiddysam; 01-24-2007 at 07:24 AM.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

Gotstang? Moderator

Actually the wagering for that face-off was almost dead even.

I personally thought the face-off could have went either way. Both cars are extremely different. The owners went in different directions with their cars. One almost all go and the other more towards exterior show. 1NT's engine compartment might have a been a bit cleaner, but not a dead on winner because it was cleaner... DSG's got the blower and other engine mods... maybe he should get the win in that area - he's got the most work done there. The interiors were a wash... both looked new but stock. DSG also has a pretty extensive amount of suspension work... 1NT has none according to his mod list. There are things that could take the JFO either way depending on what the judges are looking at.

It was a good JFO and there was nothing wrong with how the voting went... just the types comments made by the judges. Their comments... have lead to several discussion about their decisions...

Sam's 03 Terminater

Ok I posted this in the JFO response area and I will post it in here as well.
    Ok this has pissed me off a lil. I was judge no 2 and I will let ya know my reasons why I picked the way I did. If you still dont see why then I am sorry! well for starters lets go engines Dsg has 354 HP and 360 Torque while 1NT Some has 378 HP and 361 Torque which in my oppinion is pretty damned close to being even. Both engines look good and Dsg has 7 pics to show his off while 1Nt Some has 4 and the forth is a stretch, granted Dsg should have dried his bay off before snapping pictures but water is not in the same league as nastyness, now on to interior Dsg has 7 very nice and absolutely spotless pictures while 1NT Some has 3 crappy pictures that show basically nothing. No after market anything IE gauges, Shifter, Hell it dont even show the gauge cluster for the fact of the matter, Lets go to the under carriage........1NT Some has one pic showing what seems to be stock mufflers and the rear axle while Dsg has 2 crappy pics of his exhaust, Gotta call that one a tie. Ok how bout suspension...... Dsg H&R supersport springs along with Tokico Illumina 5-way shocks and struts. He added a set of the Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates. Steeda X2 balljoints and Bumpsteer kit were also done. Ok now to 1NT Somes Suspension mods ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MENTIONED, and now to your biggest bitch about the whole friggin face off the exterior...........You absolutely shat your pants when you seen thisI like the subtleness of his stang and the sleeper caracteristics of it. What in the hell is sooooo friggin wrong with that????? Have you never pulled up beside a stang that maybe didnt look as good as yours but spanked the ever loving shit outta you????? If not trust me some day it will happen.......... Not all judges go for Body Kits and extra shit you add to the exterior. I myself aint a big fan of badging a Stang what it isnt. I did not hold that against him in this face off but to explain the "sleeper or subtleness" thats what I prefer and guess what I judged it .... not you..... I thought the stock looking appearance with enough HP to spank any damned normal Stang or bowtie over rode a body kit. I am sorry you dont feel that way but guess what you have just been introduced inbto the life of one of us judges. A bunch of you members think being a judge is all fun and games and we just pick people to piss everyone off. You have to look at the big picture. Actually you just have to look at every damned aspect of a persons site like I just broken it down for you and then you will realize it aint fun and games. Oh and guess what I get a measley 200 points for judging a face off. I could get tons more points betting on the sure wins that people have been posting up that are wasting my friggin time. Hows that grab you?????? 1NT Some I am in no way trying to bash your BEAST of a Stang. In fact I just helped you more than you know cause if ya fix the problems that made ya loose you will be unstoppable. Only other thing I am going to say is for all you that think that JUDGING these face offs is so damned easy YOU ARE WRONG!!!!!!!! Try being fair on a face off that you have a really good friend in when you know he has been out classed. Reality check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by yosemiddysam; 01-24-2007 at 07:32 AM.

Gotstang? Newbie!

And I too posted this there!

Lets recap.

Reguardless of the mods to a supension dirt and heavy rust = low points. Two crappy undercarriage pixs, the other vehicle has one clean pix = tie (wrong)

Quote: ("Not all judges go for Body Kits and extra shit you add to the exterior. I myself aint a big fan of badging a Stang what it isnt. I did not hold that against him in this face off but to explain the "sleeper or subtleness" to me and guess what I judged it .... not you..... I thought the stock looking appearance with enough HP to spank any damned normal Stang or bowtie over rode a body kit.")

Like the sleeper look, your opinon, no problem there, but its not a part of judging. H/P is not a part of descison, it is a class! Engine well detailed is high points, just washed and not been undetailed = low points. Plus nothing to look at in that engine bay anyway. Again Mods to exterior is a class, not a judges choice. "Best overall vehicle," stock will lose to a well modded every time.

Interior DSG is detailed, 1Nt SOME is not look at floor mat.

Quote: Try being fair on a face off that you have a really good friend in when you know he has been out classed. Reality check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honesty works the best here! Your his Judge not his friend at the moment! If that is not understood, he's not your friend to begin with.

Sam, I give you high points for owning up here.

Now, Judge #3 DSG nice engine bay?????? The more pixs one has equals win???????? Yes DSG interior is very clean.

Engine Bay, undercarriage and exterior goes to 1NT SOME. Interior to DSG.

3 to 1

well i got shut out 0-3 against the guy and you dont see me bitching bout it and the wagers were as followed 130 total points wagered on 1NT SOME
    4460 total points wagered on yellowshaker04

so get over it jesus

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yellowshaker04
    well i got shut out 0-3 against the guy and you dont see me bitching bout it and the wagers were as followed 130 total points wagered on 1NT SOME
    4460 total points wagered on yellowshaker04

so get over it jesus
    You werent bitching ?!?!?!? ROFLMFAO B.S.

Brad,You got

People wanted to overrule my last JFO. Didn't happen. Time to suck it and a take it with a grain of salt.
    '04 - Sonic Blue V6 (Molly)
    '06 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance)
    '05 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance II)

'91 - Bright Calypso Green LX 5.0 Vert (Ellie)
    '07 Chevy Tahoe - Rollin' 22s ('Tha Hoe')
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT - 12.92 1/4mi (Gertrude)

----------------------------------------

Ranay, 22 year old Mama to my Racecar Lovin' 3 Year Old Tristen, and my Special Little Ladybug Elliana!

----------------------------------------

Sam's 03 Terminater

Mark that was a low blow........ He is going to snap one of these days and I hope he comes your way before mine lol.

Thread Information