gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sam's 03 Terminater

Well said crimson.. That was my whole point.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

Your right to an extent! But, it doesn't give the newest GS members a look at how good this site is. It's giving GS a bad rep! myself ,I don't judge a JFO and give it to the car ,just cause the member goes for an easy win! I've been temped to ,but I haven't yet! I don't want to mess up the members who are wagering points. Maybe J, can add a disqualifing option. I don't mind judgeing the JFO's ,but to really judge a JFO takes time to do it right, and it's not fair to us judges to go for these easy wins! We take the time to judge them ,so come on GS'ers do the right thing and go against an opponient that is in the same ball park as you! To judge a JFO right ,you have to go back and forth on each site ,page by page and compare. sometimes you have to go to one site ,then right straight to a nother to determine your pick.

Gotstang? Moderator

Of course going for an easy win doesn't mean they will get it. The other person may not have checked the entire site or simply made a mistake thinking they were better than the other car. But when a car with zero interior and engine shots beats a car that has the exterior, the engine and the interior pix is wrong. I don't care how great the other car is. If the great car on here had no interior or engine shots they should not be able to take a victory for best overall car - and that is what started this forum gripe. No judge could honestly vote for the car with missing shots against a lesser car that had all the shots. Undercarriage and trunk photos are nice to have but the interior and engine are a must for best overall.

Sam's 03 Terminater

Hey crimson did ya see the latest JFO. I hope I dont get picked on fer going for a lesser opponent. Just thought it was time fer her to learn her lesson.

Gotstang? Moderator

Yeah, I saw it. I thought it was a fair match up Yo. Not picking on her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by yosemiddysam
    Hey crimson did ya see the latest JFO. I hope I dont get picked on fer going for a lesser opponent. Just thought it was time fer her to learn her lesson.
    Lol Is that what you were trying to do? I told you before, I'm open for any JFO. It doesn't bother me if I lose. Especially if it's against someone in my category. If you had a problem with losing on the occasion, you wouldn't take the chance and sign up to be classified in the first place!

The way I see it is if you had enough pictures and information to be classified, you have enough pictures and information to be judged in a Face Off. Therefore, if they only have 5 pictures of their car and a judge has obviously seen it fit to classify them, why is it against the "social rules" to challenge against them?
    '04 - Sonic Blue V6 (Molly)
    '06 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance)
    '05 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance II)

'91 - Bright Calypso Green LX 5.0 Vert (Ellie)
    '07 Chevy Tahoe - Rollin' 22s ('Tha Hoe')
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT - 12.92 1/4mi (Gertrude)

----------------------------------------

Ranay, 22 year old Mama to my Racecar Lovin' 3 Year Old Tristen, and my Special Little Ladybug Elliana!

Gotstang? Moderator

To many people are classified and have their face-offs turned off.

Then why haven't they been removed from the classified lists?

Ranay, 22 year old Mama to my Racecar Lovin' 3 Year Old Tristen, and my Special Little Ladybug Elliana!

Gotstang? Moderator

Probably because J hasn't set that as a rule to be classified. The whole reason to get classified is to compete in team events (should they eventually happen) and for JFO's.

Well, I understand that. But, why should it be wrong to go against ANY classified member, when they signed up to be classified for JFOs/Team Events in the first place?

Sam's 03 Terminater

Because certain judges see you constantly going after people with one page. There are way more people in your classes that have a full website that you could go up against and make it a good face off. Instead they see you constantly betting 500 points on a sure win with someone with one page and damned sure not enough pics for a BEST OVER ALL and then they just vote against you and honest people like me and quite a few others in here lose points and win streaks and it seem like you could give two shits about it. When I commented one your face off you was like "eh it happens" which made me even madder cause it added insult to injury. Nay I personally think you have some nice ass Stangs but you make them look bad by YOUR way of challenging people. I can not fully hold you responsible because its not your fault that these people got classified and in a sense you are right to challenge them. Just think of it this way how many people can you honestly say ALWAYS go for a much weaker opponent. I can think of about 3 and I have spoken to them as well. Hell over 3/4's of your face offs I would delete if I had the power just because the other persons site dont have the required pics. I have absolutely no hard feelings for you. I just would like to see you step it up and challenge members that have a site sutible for a JFO. If ya wanna go best over all then make sure they have the pics. If not try best engine or best exterior/interior, whatever they have pictures of. Sorry if this pisses you off but as you put it "eh it happens"

Gotstang? Moderator

The only thing required to get classified is one picture of the exterior, interior, engine and a mod list. if someone asks to get classified with the minimal images then they probably deserve to get picked on. There are really only so many cars of equal... says looks or mods that someone can compete against. Most peoples sites are light in one area or another... mostly it's lots of exterior pictures and maybe a shot or two of the engine and interior.

Then they get classified and turn their disable the face-offs which is the only reason to get classified right now. You should have to be classified to compete in anything... car show, tournaments, face-offs, whatever.

Sam's 03 Terminater

And to get classified you should have all the required pics and not just one or two of anything.

Wow, after reading through all the comments i have to say that i agree with Crimsonblack. We need to have specified categories that people can use to determine what the face-offs are going to be judged on or if we arent goin to have them, then we need to give the judges some way to get rid of an easy-win faceoff. I can certainly appreciate the judges point of view as they pretty much have had their hands tied in these situations. Either they vote for the car that ligitimately wins the faceoff or they vote against the car that is trying to get the easy win. Whats the right call?? I am of the opinion that the judges do need an out for these BS faceoffs, and i want to say that i think 1HOTPONY was cool to come on and give us some insight.

I also wanted to add that Nay has a point with the "why are they classified if they dont want to be in a JFO?" If they are classified to a degree i guess she's got a point, now whether or not one goes after those people thats a different story. I guess it just comes down to the social rules that she mentioned earlier.

My final thought is this, and i know we have all heard it on various mustang sites when we are refering to mods "Not my cup of tea, but if you like it then cool." Guess we'll just have to see what happens with who people decide to faceoff against.

Ok I'm off the soapbox...... who's got next?
    Last edited by drkhsemach1; 01-23-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Sam's 03 Terminater

I am just glad the Moderately Modified class is full of people that know how to build a decent site. Other wise the judges would go nuts trying to decifer the mods lists lol.

Gotstang? Moderator

Well said DRKHSE. The problem with "Classification" is that so many people just want to meet the minimum to get classified. One exterior, one interior, one engine and a mod list. Then some bitch about getting picked on and we bitch at the person that is choosing lesser cars to JFO against. You don't have to be classed to pick on some in the regular face-off's which several people have done.

Nay's comments about classified "for JFO's" is true. If you ask to be classified aren't you really game for anyone in your class or below you? You should be. How many people get classified and then turned disable the JFO face-off's? There are several who do it.

The judges and several of us, myself included have complained about people facing off against "lesser cars" site wise because the person hasn't posted enough pictures. But if you do face-offs regularly you quickly run out of cars that equal to your own and have the pictures posted for you to go up against. So do we stop doing JFO's or do you start going after the so called "lesser cars" in your own classification and get picked at? Tough decision.

You either tighten up the classification rules (number of pictures for each area, no disabling the JFO feature, etc) or you leave it as it is and we stop bitching about someone is facing off against. If they are classified they become the target of whoever wants to go after them. If we do that then the 500pt rule goes out the window. (member gets to decided if they want to face-off if there is more than 500pts between the two cars). If your classified you are game for anyone in your classification and lower.

It sucks for many members finding a person in your classification or higher, has enough pictures to be a fair JFO, and be within 500pts of that person so you can go up against them without their approval to do it. That's rediculous.

If we stay with how it is now... then the judges just have to go by what is available to them for the JFO. Not enough pictures to show the car correct... you lose. We can't continue to hold it against the person for challenging less cars IF they have done their fair share of challenging equal ones.

Okay... who's next.

Sam's 03 Terminater

I agree totally Tim. But heres my catch some people dont ever challenge people with a good site just the cheesy ones that get them 500 points right off the bat. I agree that if they are classified fair game but damn it then we have to reclassify everyone and trust me J I would be more than willing to help you with that. Other thing is how hard would it be to add a friggin delete Face off button??????? If it is possible why not do it????? that would solve all the problems. If we Judges are trusted to pick the right cars why not trust us to be able to say Hey dip shit pick a car that has the site for a BOA face off?

Gotstang? Moderator

Your right. I did add in my rant that picking the lesser car is acceptable if you have been challenging the cars that are equal to your own. It's a little harder in the JFO's then it is in the regular face-offs

I think the key here is that the Judges need a delete faceoff button. If they are trusted to decide between two cars in the first place then whats to say that we shouldn't trust them to deem a faceoff unfair? I would strongly support that decision, a very good idea and it would stop those people that are just trying to pick on other lesser vehicles. I think that would stop a lot of the problems goin on in the JFOs

I have a question about this ????....I see alot of face offs were cars that are clearly more are challenging car that are clearly not as much ...WHy is this fair for example my v6 against a modded Cobra 03 - 04 ....Now i dont stand a chance ....... i think thats uncool because thats just an easy win for them ..... PLus im wondering how some one can challenge some one if they dont except it ??????????

Dreams Come True As Long As You Never Quit Dreaming

thats right to many people have their jfo's turned off or are to low in points so IM left with no choice. i like jfo and wont stop. its not my fault. do away with the points rule and/or the turn on or off option and ill face evryone in lightly modifed plus when your at 80+ jfo not to many options left.... especially if your addicted to jfo's
    stock.................................ish

Moderator/ Forum Kid :D auriansmustang's Avatar

today i get a BS faceoff with a stang that is obviously better than mine. 05 gt with mods
    14years old, dads '00, my 88GT

Thank you MustangFreak for the awesome sig!

Gotstang? Newbie!

I saw the JFO but you had to ask to get classified therefore you should expect JFO's. You have a nice stang take some pictures and post them.

I have lost all 3 face offs I have been in so far but I only had one page with 4 pics in it . Now I have 4 pages with alot more pics so I'll have better chance of winning a face off

DONT HATE THE PLAYER HATE THE GAME!!!!!

Gotstang? Moderator

If you asked to be classified then it's YOUR responsibility to make sure you have enough photos to compete in a face-off against anyone in your class or lower. By getting classed you are opening yourself to someone challenging. you.

people should not asked to be classified when they barely have enough images to compete. The requirements (exterior, interior, engine and mod list - may be one of each) are the minimum. Members need to look at other cars there to what types of photos they need on their site.

Quote Originally Posted by NewOneSoon
    I have a question about this ????....I see alot of face offs were cars that are clearly more are challenging car that are clearly not as much ...WHy is this fair for example my v6 against a modded Cobra 03 - 04 ....Now i dont stand a chance ....... i think thats uncool because thats just an easy win for them ..... PLus im wondering how some one can challenge some one if they dont except it ??????????

Thread Information