gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm not sure why everyone get's upset when someone wins a face off against them due to better website, pics or even more mods or a bigger engine. There is always going to be a better car out there....so why not have fun and see how the judges judge it or in regular face offs see how others voted. it's just fun, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...and sometimes you win when you should lose and sometimes you lose when you should win!

It's no fun if you only go up against cars you can win against, losing and getting constructiive criticism is better than just winning.

my 2 cents, I was board and wanted to make a point...blah blah blah I know

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoleb3x3
    I'm not sure why everyone get's upset when someone wins a face off against them due to better website, pics or even more mods or a bigger engine. There is always going to be a better car out there....so why not have fun and see how the judges judge it or in regular face offs see how others voted. it's just fun, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose...and sometimes you win when you should lose and sometimes you lose when you should win!

It's no fun if you only go up against cars you can win against, losing and getting constructiive criticism is better than just winning.

my 2 cents, I was board and wanted to make a point...blah blah blah I know
    I agree I lost 4 in a row but I'm not bitter It just made me wanna make my page better

well looks like my losing streak ran out I finally won one

see!!! a success story... and it was all in the presentation! woowee, maybe the system isn't so broken afterall.

when two hearts race... both win.

Quote Originally Posted by HerNastyNotch
    see!!! a success story... and it was all in the presentation! woowee, maybe the system isn't so broken afterall.
    I do think alot of it is that there are a few ppl challanging becuase they think it will be a easy win . For instance a person with a Shelby GT500 challenging a person with a a stock 98 V6 . What the fun in that Just a easy win to gain some points . Yes I understand If they exept the challange its there own fault and they shouldnt cry about loosing .

If you wanna win face off you really should work on your page like I did . Also participating in hunts and tortuments , carshow is good to . It show you are really serious aobut your car and about the site aswell

thought it was a turbo car LOL pluse you coupe look really nice thought it was equal . I fyou want we can challange agianst the white car too

Quote Originally Posted by boss91gt
    Dude, you passed on the GT and challenged my stock 2.3l daily driver?????
    DID u look at the interior of my car ???? thought you had a even shot of winning and I though it was a 2.3 turbo car . PLus eyour dailly driver is really nice looking wish my DD was that nice or even a stang

Gotstang? Newbie!

Dude, you passed on the GT and challenged my stock 2.3l daily driver?????

Gotstang? Newbie!

Hey thanks but your stang is just wicked. It makes me drool. lol I'm not upset or anything I lose all of the time, just don't underestimate your ride. Low 11's sweet!

Thanks Just seem there are not alot of fox body fans here . Your notch looks like it wants a stroker motor in it !

Gotstang? Newbie!

Yes it does and I will gladly accept all donations! lol Cruise through the JFO comments and matchups and the tournament round winners and you will get a good feel for what is most popular.

im going after your other car next boss ;P just kidding. my JFO are turned off right now till i get rims and tires.. cause with out those there is no way i can compete in moderqtely
    stock.................................ish

Gotstang? Newbie!

I'm gonna put a 300 shot of nitrous on it. LOL

Gotstang? Regular

What does it matter how many pictures you have if the judges don't even know what they are looking at.

what do you mean why does it matter how many pics you have they do know what they are looking at if there are the right amount of pics i think your just crying and should punch yourself in the dick

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VP_96COBRA
    what do you mean why does it matter how many pics you have they do know what they are looking at if there are the right amount of pics i think your just crying and should punch yourself in the dick

I don't know what your problem is, I've NEVER said anything to you and since you want to take personal jabs at me twice today, why don't you go fuck yourself.

Back on topic, I'm upset as the comments that were made in my JFO, the judges don't even know what is on a Stage 3 Roush, "Oh he put an Eaton blower on it." , they don't know that it also comes with a custom intercooled intake, blower drive, ecu, and many other items. I work hard on my car to keep it nice, and it upsets me when a car is picked over mine because they went to Autozone and bought a bunch of colored hose wrap and put on their engine, while mine stays clean and is left black as it was designed, I get points against me for that.

I guess I'll just turn off my JFO's, I know the awards that this car has won and what it is capable of. I'll go to real shows instead of dealing with this crap.

For those who want to keep participating in the F/O and JFOs, have fun, I'll stay out so you all have more room.

thats good..... if you read what people write i.e. the judges they all say the same thing that you would win or it would be way better compition if you put more pics on your site. you have a bunch of exterior pics. and then a pic of your seats most judges look at interior, mods list, exterior, undercarraige, engine bay, trunk. how many of those do you have displayed with a all around pic? the exterior and thats it... oh and guess what thats where all the judges say you would have a point but fall short in the other catagories... not everyone one owns a roush not everyone knows what it has.. do you have a mods list of like what a stage 3 roush comes with? unless you typed it in invisible then no you didnt make a effort so yes turn off your jfo cause it will keep happening. you have a nice car but dont have a site to support it. and your right this isnt a real carshow its a site. so site rules and guidelines the judges are following whats put out. your right you would kick ass in a real car show. you would kick ass here too if you just took a couple more pics.

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Very interesting...

Lots of good thoughts here so hopefully I don't muddle it up with mine. Crimsonblack is definitely impressing me with his thought processes and general overall attitude on this and I totally agree with him (not just cause you made the cool ass SIG for me) on what he's said. Unfortunately, I find myself being one of those that pick on lesser sites mainly because mine is a lessor sight. I have had to scrape together every pix I had available to build this sight since I'm deployed and only recently joined GS (Mar07). Heck, my first JFO was an ass whooping by SaleenLx which stung cause I thought I had the better "Looking" car. I finally understood what a BOA was all about and have tried to make mine better. That's what others with "Lesser" sites that are "Classified" need to do. Hell, I still don't have a real undercarriage shot, which means an automatic loss in that category. Best I can hope for is to win enough of the others. That's what makes it FUN, trying to win and sucking it up when you don't. Isn't that the Basic rule of survival - The Hunter or the Prey...everyone falls into that category depending on who they face. As for Judging, I've seen my share of "Questionable" judgements and have left my comments. Since J got the comments section up on Judges now, hopefully the "Constructive" criticism may pay off. Comments like "You Suck" doesn't help much. And for those people who don't like reading "Books", then don't. I prefer when each category is broken down so that you at least they're not pulling their Judgement out their Ass. People, can't have your cake and eat it too. As for getting pissed off, get over it, this is just for fun. How many times have I heard that one but evidently some actually think they have their bank account hooked up to this GAME. Don't get me wrong, I get pissed and have lost streaks over what I thought should have easily went the other way. Oh well, damn it, gotta start over. Sorry, this just isn't worth causing grief and if you can't enjoy it then maybe you should get out. Right now, I'm enjoying the distraction of being away from my family, friends and my STANG!!! Please, keep this contructive and look at solutions like the basic categories that YO - if I can remember back that far - has suggested. Sounds great, alleviates confusion for all. Picking on weaker - already touched on that - don't classify them if they're not ready for JFO's or get your shit together. If I can put my site together from a Sand Bowl, you guys back in the States sure the hell have no excuses. Buddy System and picking against someone you don't like - if there's reasonable proof a Judge did that, Fire 'em!!! I'm sure it can be a lot of work if you do it right but if you don't want to do it right - then give it up. Anyway, my two cents and sorry for the "Book". If I pissed anyone off, my apologies. If I've offended people by eliminating the weak in JFO's, sorry for that. Just here to have fun and do my part to make GS a better website.
    Sincerely,
    Alan/Uncobra
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by UNCobra; 04-22-2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: color change

Gotstang? Moderator

Nicely said UN. Uh... that's a poster I did for you, not sig. lol

lol either way it looks so f'n awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 great work crimson

Gotstang? Regular

I'm realizing if ya snooze, ya lose... just took a break from modding and page-tweaking, and along come some hot cars with even more awesome webpages to kick my a$$, LOL. I need to get on the ball and back in the garage. JFOs do encourage activity on the site and constant improvement to stay competitive, which is always a good thing.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

i concur

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

Damn VP. You just getting around to posting in this old ass thread ? lmao

lol its cause americanmetal just posted in it today ive been postin in this thread

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

All I gotta say is "Superman dat ho"
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

Thread Information