gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Sam's 03 Terminater

Exclamation Reclassification request!!!!

Hello I am just wondering why my 1983 bone stock Mustang Gt has been put in the litely modified class when I see more modded cars being in the stock class. I have an after market clutch and K@N filter, with a B@M shifter HANDLE, and thats it. I think it should be in the stock class since the Performance Mods are very slim to none. Maybe I am wrong and dont understand the class justifications. If so I appologize and appreciate your input.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

According to the explaination I saw awhile ago, you're 83 is lightly modded. Of course it's on the low end but still lightly modded. The reason there are modded cars in the stock class is because they were put there and the only way to be reclassed is if they request it. Of course I am lightly Modded also but to be honest I'm on the line of being moderate after I get it fixed and I put the mods I have still to put on it finally on I will do the right thing and request a reclass.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Gotstang? Moderator

Looks like your 83 is in the stock class to me Yo. <shrug> Might want to check again. But like YS says it could go either way with the wheels and tires and painted engine bay... That stuff should change the stock for me, but some feel like anything... even aftermarket wheels makes a car lightly modified.

A matter of interpretation really. To me... custom wheels are not a mod. You can get aftermarket wheels on a stang now straight off the new car lot. The local Ford dealer here had aftermarket wheels and tires on nearly every new Mustang on the lot.

Thread Information