gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: 07 GT Coupe

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default 07 GT Coupe

I am looking at buying a 2007 GT coupe. I have some questions about some of the options. On the ford web site they do not show the stripes as an option. How do you go about getting them? Are they an after market option or a dealership option. Does the shaker 500 audio system sound good or is it a typical factory system. Also the ford web site shows a 3:55 gear as an option. What is the factory gear ratio? The reason for the questions is that I am in the military and I am going to buy this vehicle through AAFES military sales. The sales person is not a ford rep and does not know the answers to these questions. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Gotstang? Regular

I haven't heard the Shaker 500 but as a rule, OEM sound systems are expensive and don't produce the crystalline sound and power of high-end aftermarket systems. If you don't have time to choose components and install, though, it's probably a lot better than the normal stock systems. Anyone who's compared both is welcome to chime in with specs (S/N ratio, frequency response, wattage) since I don't have hard numbers. What you could do as an alternative to the Shaker is order it with barebones sound or none if possible, then spend time perusing Crutchfield.com to pick the perfect system and when you get back, have fun tinkering with it. It's all a matter of how much you like convenience vs. messing around with wires.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

Thread Information