gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Moderator

Default Classification - Possible Guidelines...

Here's the list I posted in the blogs concerning Classification problems and possible solution to the problem. The biggest problem however is notifying a member, new or old, that they don't have enough images to establish a classification for them.

Here's my suggestion for the classification process to help cut down on the problem mixing them up. It's fairly cut and dry. Most cars on the site will fall between stock, lightly modified and moderate where they should be.

STOCK Classification

* NOTE: Mach 1’s are stock from the showroom floor. (depending on suggestions they could be automatically placed into the lightly modified.)

* NOTE 2: Any one or two of the Lightly Modified items will not upgrade the car’s classification.

* NOTE 3: Stock Cobras with Superchargers go into the Heavily Modified category.

• Stock Production Mustang – excluding Cobra’s w/Superchargers
    • New or updated Badges or Lettering (rear area)
    • Cold Air Kits – w/standard throttlebody & fuel injectors
    • Custom Seats
    • Upgraded Stereo and Speakers
    • Stock type spoiler. (Exam: Fox body convertible adding new decklid & spoiler – getting rid of the stock luggage rack on a fox convertible would be modified)
    • Adding mass air (87/88 Mustamgs)
    • Headers
    • Smog Pump Removal
    • AC Unit Removal
    • Aftermarket Wheels & Tires
    • Aftermarket shocks and springs.
    • Replacing Headlights and Taillights with stock type units (old units fogged over, cracked or broken) Includes the stock replacements with clear sides.
    • Headlight, Fog & Taillight Covers
    • Gas Cap/Fuel Area Bling
    • Aftermarket Radiators
    • Window Tint
    • 5 lug conversion – Fox body 4 lug.
    • Adding Stripes to the stock paint job.
    • Strut Tower Brace
    • Sub-Frame Connectors
    • K&N Air Filters

LIGHTLY MODIFIED Classification
    Three or more of these items. Lightly Modified does not include any real power adders to the Mustang- Engine Remains Stock This category is mostly appearance mods. (MOSTLY BLING)

• Upgrading Brakes
    • Upgraded Suspension
    • Body Kit – air dam, side skirts, rear valance
    • Aftermarket Hood
    • Aftermarket Spoiler
    • Aftermarket Stereo upgrade to include, subs, amps, dvd players, etc.
    • Aftermarket Headlights
    • Aftermarket Taillights – clear, smoked, etc.
    • Custom Interior incl/ Billet & Chrome interior pieces
    • Custom Paint.
    • Nitros
    • Custom Engine Bling, Powdercoating of stock parts, Aftermarket Valve Covers, Polished parts ect. – Engine guts remain mostly stock…
    • Electric Radiator Fan set-up
    • Custom Trunk Area
    • Aftermarket Suspension Work
    • Lambo Doors
    • Side Exhaust
    • Rear Gears Upgrade
    • SN95 Honeycomb Panels
    • Hood Pins
    • Sunroof

MODERATELY MODIFIED Classification
    Moderately includes cars with engine modifications and could include some or all of the lightly modified items. Any Roush, Saleen or Steeda w/manifold & intake upgrade but minus Supercharger will be listed as Moderate. Cars with just the moderate items will also fall into this category. (MOSTLY ENGINE – going for horsepower)

• Custom Intake & Manifold
    • Aftermarket Mass Air upgrade 70MM or higher w/fuel injectors over 19lb.
    • Could include having many or all of the Lightly Modified items

HEAVILY MODIFIED Classification
    Any Mustang that has had a Supercharger or Turbo falls into this category to include Mustangs with heavily modified engines but is not quite “Custom Show” quality.

• Supercharger or Turbo
    • Serious Engine Mods (cam, heads, etc)

CUSTOM
    Show Vehicles, generally NOT daily drivers

• Custom Paint
    • Custom Interior
    • Custom Stereo System
    • Custom Engine Bay
    • Aftermarket Manifold/Intake, injectors, mass air, etc.
    • Could Include Custom Suspension Work
    • Could have a Supercharger or Turbo added.

Comments, suggestions and other ideas are appreciated. Not sure what will come of this either. < shrug >

I like it crimson. But if you have a power adder and nothing else I think heavily modified might be a little much. I think if you have a power adder and nothing else moderatly modified would be a good spot to start. A power adder car could compete with a car with 3 or more bling mods in my opinion. Then if you have a power adder plus three or more bling mods from the lightly or moderatly modified list I then think they could go into the heavily modified class. As far as the Custom class goes I would leave it as you have it.

Gotstang? Moderator

You're probably right, but I wanted a method that was more cut and dry. I thought important that a GS member could look at his own car and know exactly where he will be classed. Most cars should fall in the stock and lightly modifed categories and less in the others with very few in the Custom class. We could go with four classes and merge the moderate and heavy classes together for a more cut and dry situation.

With Nicole's suggestions on the blog, which are valid too, Things will just get muddled again as they are now.

Thread Information