gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Default face off's are a joke

I tried one just to see how it worked before I said anything. I picked a car that had more exterior mods than me, but from the looks of his website NO other mods. I picked him to see what the masses here look at. It is a joke.

I have got over 8K in performance mods to my car and 3 pages with pictures and videos.

He has 1 page 2 pictures and a total of the words mmmmmm...

he beat me 28-4

get real!!
    Last edited by 01steeda; 08-10-2006 at 01:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Gotstang? Addict

Yeah it works out like that alot of the time on the orignal face-offs, I like the Judged Face-off a millions times better. It's never going to be perfect.
    2003 GT
    H&R SuperSports l Tokico Illumina dampers l Maximum Motorsports c/c plates l MM XL SFCs l MGW shifter l other goodies...

Go with the JFO , You will do better,alot of friends vote for their friends in the regular face offs. You could have the best site and in the regular face off still lose ,just friends voting for each other.Where as in a judged face off,you have judges voting! LOL,just don't get discourage,this is still a great place to be.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I agree, get your Mustang classified and try the Judged Face Offs. The FOs are more of a popularity contest, and that was the reason JFOs were created.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Gotstang? Newbie!

yeah I was just frustrated I guess. This is a great community from what I have seen so far. I have alot of work to do on my website to get it close to some of the work I have seen. Seems like alot of people dont even check the cars out, they just look at the picture and vote.

Gotstang? Moderator

I just checked your face-off. The two pictures he has posted are very nice shots of the car. One is very nice beauty shot of the car. Your site actually shows just three pix of your car in what would be considered standard shots. As you said his stang had more external mods which showed up nicely and that is likely what the voters voted on. It isn't going to matter what you post in your "mod list" if your website doesn't show it in photos.

BigDaddyWalt, the guy you went up against, actually has less site points than you do, so I doubt it was much of a popularity contest. People likely saw the two nice pictures, the bright yellow paint, the body kit, and STEEDA written all over the car and voted based on that. They will not vote on your mod list alone or how much money you have in the car. You gotta show them pictures of it. You're on the right track and you can't get discouraged from one face-off. Some of the sweetest rides on gotstang with awesome websites have lost face-offs against lesser cars. It happens. You gotta just keep pluggin' along and have fun.

I agree with crimson on this. I for one will look at a site before I vote on a face off and if you don't have the pictures to show your mods i don't know what you actually have. It's nothing personal, just that anyone can post all kinds of mods they don't have.But a picture is worth a thousand words.

Gotstang? Newbie!

or maybe a video??? check page 3

cam clip

I think Crimsonblack nailed it. Remember the majority will reconize a paint scheme and body kit before they notice a power adder and other engine and drivetrain mods. That is why judged face offs would be better for you. They recognize all aspects of your stang as long as you have pics of the engine,mods,undercarriage, interior and paint.

You know, as bad as it sounds, I feel like a culprit.

I always check websites before voting, but when it comes to the person I challenge..

I have a bad habit of picking on stock cars that are the same year as mine. I feed off the knowledge that people will more than likely pick you if they see you have appearance mods.

Does this make me a bad person?
    '04 - Sonic Blue V6 (Molly)
    '06 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance)
    '05 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance II)

'91 - Bright Calypso Green LX 5.0 Vert (Ellie)
    '07 Chevy Tahoe - Rollin' 22s ('Tha Hoe')
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT - 12.92 1/4mi (Gertrude)

----------------------------------------

Ranay, 22 year old Mama to my Racecar Lovin' 3 Year Old Tristen, and my Special Little Ladybug Elliana!

----------------------------------------

Thread Information