gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Regular

Default Help! Is it about to blow up?

Everything was fine until adding the 75mm tb/spacer/plenum. I then got 'service engine light' which the Predator said was insufficient TPS voltage or some such thing. Cleared that, it never returned.

The car came close to stalling when it started up but was ok after it got running, so added .5 more fuel with the Predator and advanced timing .5. Still feels like it hesitates on starting. I am running 93 octane as always.

Tonight it really got me worried. I was in 2nd gear flooring it, RPM around 5-6000 and suddenly it made a loud pop sound, then fell back as if lost power. Then it started running normally again. I thought that maybe I'd waited too long to upshift. So I tried it again, took note of the fact that RPMs were nowhere near redline and it once again momentarily lost power, but with a quieter sound.

I am trying to get to a dyno for an air/fuel tune but is there anything I can do until then to keep my motor together?
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

If you added more AIR to your car.. why would you advance the timing? To be safe, you are better off retarding the timing.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by J
    If you added more AIR to your car.. why would you advance the timing? To be safe, you are better off retarding the timing.
    'cuz I restored the default performance tune when trying to make things right and on that, I'd originally bumped up timing... just wanted to put it back exactly the way it was when it all worked... hope I didnt make it detonate

Bringing the Predator to work tomorrow... got some fixing to do on lunch break.
    IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST - Ricky Bobby's Dad

Thread Information