back to gotstang.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yes...there's always a way around it
    that's what J said too

Gotstang? Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl2000
    yeah I need to work on

hunt pics..

maybe I should put on a thong bikini and take some pics all spread out on my stang..

bet I could win then huh?

ha ha ha
    I won't vote for your car in a face-off because your spread eagle on your car. I might hang out at your site for a few hours enjoying the veiw, but...

I always look at the how the cars are presented on the website. I don't car who has the most pictures, but the most quality pictures the show off the car. Doesn't matter what you tell me your car has it unless you have pictures to prove it. I will vote for a stocker over a heavily modified car in a face off if the website presents the car the best of the two. Even if the modified car is actually a much nicer car. The reason is that person didn't do enough to show their car off the best. Regardless of what people think or feel a gotstang.com face-off is an ON-LINE car show. You show off your car with excellent quality images presented in a pleasing manner (website design- see Nicole3x3 or DeJay Saleen's sites for what I am talking about) which shows ALL areas of the car - exterior, interior, and engine are the most important. There is also the stereo feature and the undercarriage of the car, brakes, etc.

If the cars are dead even still - I'll cast my vote the person who actually participates the most on the website. THAT, is my tie-breaker. There are currently a couple of thousand of members on this site but only maybe 100 hundred of them are regular contributors and of those 100 - 50 are here three or four times a week.

Gotstang? Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoleb3x3
    ok, I'm just brainstorming....

would people still vote on face offs if you had to leave a quick comment on why you voted the way you did? The comment would still be annonomys, but would make people work a bit harder and more honest in the votes?

...suppose people are willing to do this, maybe J could up the points for voting?

or maybe its a dumb idea and subject to more flaws?
    Sounds good. I enjoy leaving comments. How are people going to know what areas might need improving on their site to make them do better on the voting. Just ask the folks who have written me some real carrying commentary over the hunt comments. Whew!

Gotstang? Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by s3 roush
    I am new to the site,but I look at cars in my classification or cars I think are equal.Then I look at their sites and pics and determine if i want to face-off.I would rather go against something close or better than what i have and deal with the outcome..I have voted against friends in some cases due to the other car is so much nicer or their website is loaded with all kinds of pics..Some of your ideas of making this process better sound great but will it really work.There is always a way around the rules...
    If the people doing the classifications were dumb enough to put someone in any catagory without enough pix to justify it that's to bad. You have the right to challenge anyone that is in your classification regardless of how shitty their website is. Some people have been giving DeJay's Saleen shit about some of the challenges against people he's classified with. That is crap. The classifications need to be done better.

If voting for your friends in a face-off is really that bad, how come no one gets on the idiot who's posting in the face-off forum asking for people to vote for them because they are up against a better car? I get messages sent to me with requests to vote for them in a face-off. The problem is no one cares if enough of their friends are voting for them when they win. But when they lose it's a different story about how other peoples friends are voting for them and my car is so much better. This is a place to hang out and have a great time, talk mustangs, shoot the shit with some buds and participate is some friendly competition. Nothing to take serious when you don't win or your hunt pictures are voted fake.

maybe J can allow annoymous comments as an option
    it WON'T solve the popularity contests, but maybe some feedback will help the face off partipants understand the results...maybe?

at a miniumum the feedback would be nice to have from fellow gs'rs not a formal judge in the judged face offs.

...and crimson, on the judged face offs; the ultimate responsibility lays with the member, most of which are ASKING to be classified to allow them to participate in the judged face offs, so if their site is lacking enough to make the judges happy, they need to
    A.) get more on their site -or
    B.) request manually (for now) to be de-classified until they have enough pics
    but this is for discussion on the other thread...
    http://forums.gotstang.com/showthread.php?t=8212

Speaking of popularity..

YOU GUYS WANNA VOTE FOR ME IN THE FACEOFF THAT SOME GUY CHALLENGED ME TO?

I wish he had done it to my new Stang..
    '04 - Sonic Blue V6 (Molly)
    '06 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance)
    '05 - Windveil Blue V6 (Lance II)

'91 - Bright Calypso Green LX 5.0 Vert (Ellie)
    '07 Chevy Tahoe - Rollin' 22s ('Tha Hoe')
    '08 Pontiac G8 GT - 12.92 1/4mi (Gertrude)

----------------------------------------

Ranay, 22 year old Mama to my Racecar Lovin' 3 Year Old Tristen, and my Special Little Ladybug Elliana!

----------------------------------------

Thread Information