gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Default Classifications for Face Offs

Enlight of MANY comments posted on a recent face off, some valid points were brought up and I wanted to continue the discussion here and see how people feel about the current classes.

To start off here is the link to the face off: http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.ph...d=422#comments

my addtional comment:
    Honestly GTMugsy02 ride is barely moderate modified, (no diss intended!!!!) it's tough when you have people like these two cars which are on the extreme edges of a class like these two were. I've talked to J and a few others and this is my interpreation of the classes:

stock= stock (perhaps some mild decals and minor touches and rims-
    some feel a cold air kit and performance exhaust like flowmaster is stock...but I disagree stock is stock in my opinion and it means NO PERFORMANCE MODS)

lightly modified = "easy" bolt ons like cold air, exhaust, plus anything found in the class before it like decals and rims

moderately modified = one or more "moderately difficult" mods like a blower, cams and other internal work and anything found in the class under it

heavily modified = anything found in a class under it but taken to the next level (more as far as quantity of mods and customization and also more chrome under the hood etc.)

custom = extensively done up car with every inch of the car modified and customized.

I think when someone like DJsaleen has done up the quantity of things but not yet done that one last thing to push him to the next class...thats when people get upset. I think the solution is moving dejaysaleen rather than mudgsy only because djsaleen has allot modified on his car..but remember he BUILT a saleen...it's doesn't mean all that work moves up his class...so there is the delima. I have the same problem with my car...it's a stock 5.0 w/ exhaust and cold air...i'm by definition a lightly modifed car...yet how can you compare my car to others in my class? you see....that was my point that there are different levels of the class...and it's difficult for people to see that. I think the most simple and easiest solution is to move these select "over acheivers" like myself and DJ saleen UP a class. I really think that's the best way to do it and hold the inegratey of the defined classes.

I don't think adding more classes will make the situation better, but only more confusing.

comments anyone?
    Last edited by Nicoleb3x3; 06-28-2006 at 05:19 PM.

Gotstang? Regular

i totally agree nick, but the problem is this is the first time someone has ever came up with some sort of guidelines. i think there are several people that were put in the wrong classes, as well as dejay. if i were to class him he would be in a heavy class , just based on the work done. i think j should get someone to go through the classes and ones in ? re-evaluate them. i cant sit back and say someone is going for an easy win if they stay within there class, but deejay also should have enough respect to realize that he should be in another class, and ask to be re-classified. deejay is only following the rules though. so who is to blame?

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

J did make it so people can ask for themselves to be re-classified

the only thing that's missing is for members to put up somone else for re-classification...but I wonder if the requests would get out of hand?

I guess if someone needs to be looked at send J a pm for now until something else it put into place....he could then work with the classifier(s) to get them reviewed?

anything you do to your stang is considered a modification..

i dont care if its just changing the tire and rim size

who makes these decisions?

I was smoked by a sixer with stock wheels.. mad? yeah i was..

well, the result of the face off is a totally separate discussion.....I assume your face off was not a judged face off but a peer face off?

Gotstang? Regular

Nicole,

Your interpretation of the classes is right, I do see some cars here that need to be reclassified,(No offense to the owners, there are some great cars here.) If the mods need some ideas on classifing the cars, maybe we need to follow the ISCA,((International Show Car Association)) rules.www.theisca.com

Gotstang? Newbie!

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl2000
    anything you do to your stang is considered a modification..

i dont care if its just changing the tire and rim size

who makes these decisions?

I was smoked by a sixer with stock wheels.. mad? yeah i was..
    eek...sucks julie....Im scared to be smoked by a 6er too

i think it was a judged face off and the only explanation I got from my comment was I needed more engine pics on my website.
    however my opponent with the stock sixer had 2 plain old pics..
    so yeah idk how they come to these decisions..

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 19sexystang97
    eek...sucks julie....Im scared to be smoked by a 6er too
    the number of cylinders should never be an issue the issue is quality of pics and proper explanation of what you have done to your ride imo . as far as the isca rules , i run the winter circuit of the isca ,and im classified as a mild hard top(go figure) i think there rules are a little out there to say the least, but i think what nicole laid out was a pretty fair assesment on classifications

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

i would also point out that if you ask to be classified, that means that you want to participate in the JFOs and you should be responsible for making sure your car is classified accurately. in this situation mugsy's car clearly wasn't classified correctly (even with the current vague criteria).

i questioned my classification and when it was explained, i agreed that my car belonged in its current classification. you folks have to take some responsibility for playing on this site. the admins and mods can't do everything for you.

oh... and picking on dejay because mugsy had a weaker presentation? boo. mugsy asked to compete in the JFOs... i think mugsy should have made sure the car and the web site were ready for the competition.

just my .02

when two hearts race... both win.

i think mine says mildly modified..

my other team mates have been carrying me i think..

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl2000
    i think it was a judged face off and the only explanation I got from my comment was I needed more engine pics on my website.
    however my opponent with the stock sixer had 2 plain old pics..
    so yeah idk how they come to these decisions..
    You also have to consider if you are in a Judged Face-off titled "Best Overall" then you need to have the pics to support it. I made sure when I saw I was classified I took the pics to cover all angles. I even took a pic of the under carriage. If you only have two or three pics and your opponent has pics of everything then your taking a chance on losing that face off. The judges can only make their choice on what they can see.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDriver
    Nicole,

Your interpretation of the classes is right, I do see some cars here that need to be reclassified,(No offense to the owners, there are some great cars here.) If the mods need some ideas on classifing the cars, maybe we need to follow the ISCA,((International Show Car Association)) rules.www.theisca.com
    Were are the classes at on the site?

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by ysoffr
    Were are the classes at on the site?
    this is what I felt the classes are....

stock= stock (perhaps some mild decals and minor touches and rims-
    some feel a cold air kit and performance exhaust like flowmaster is stock...but I disagree stock is stock in my opinion and it means NO PERFORMANCE MODS)

lightly modified = "easy" bolt ons like cold air, exhaust, plus anything found in the class before it like decals and rims

moderately modified = one or more "moderately difficult" mods like a blower, cams and other internal work and anything found in the class under it

heavily modified = anything found in a class under it but taken to the next level (more as far as quantity of mods and customization and also more chrome under the hood etc.)

custom = extensively done up car with every inch of the car modified and customized.

Thread Information