gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Default SPAM FILTER ENABLED.

I have been tracking accounts marked as SPAM for quite a long time.

Last night I figured I would implement it...

In regards to http://forums.gotstang.com/showthrea...highlight=spam

1.) Report a guestbook entry as spam. This will increment a counter for the user who sent it... when it reaches a certain amount their account will not be able to send guestbook entries for 48-72 hours depending on the count.
    The reporting GB entries as SPAM feature was always available.

If you are able to send GB entries you have nothing to worry about.

If your account was marked as spam, you can contact me and we can clear it up... or just wait the 72 hours.

I dont care about sending a link to a mustang website you want someone to check out... thats the point of GS! To spread the mustang love. When it gets in the way of certain features of the site or is a repetitive message being sent over and over again, thats when it goes over the limit.

GS has members from many sites, whether thatd be the black mustang club, 3.8 mustang, the red mustang club, the huston mustang club... etc. We all work together to make sure you guys are enjoying your stang!

If there are any other sites out there who want to get their message out about their website.. .send me your banner and I will get it in on the banner rotation! This will keep the GB entries clear of spam as well! I will also be happy to send out a monthly email to our GS members suggesting sites they should visit! Or maybe a site of the month they should check out!

Thank guys!

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Sounds good to me J on both the banner and doing a site of the month

I'll be the first to step forward and admit I’m guilty of inviting others to check out my website while welcoming them to Gotstang and offering any assistance in helping them setting up there webpages here ect ect.
    I have received these same types of invites from others on this site in the past and so I didn’t see it as being wrong since I don’t run around spamming.
    There are members of my site which I have encouraged to join GS and become involved in the activities and enjoy some of the unique features it has to offer…I felt the teams idea was a great way to unit other sites with Gotstang and encourage even more particapation ..but anyways like you stated its all about the Mustangs and Friendships.
    `'•. .•'´Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you Burn`'•..•'´

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tweety
    Sounds good to me J on both the banner and doing a site of the month
    That sounds Good to me too!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Ride Pony Ride
    Winfield IL United States of America BABY!

I love spam - spam, spam, spam, spam!!!!!
    I don't like unsolicited emails/messages....
    go J go
    2004 Cobra
    Pulley/JLT/Tune

I AM THE DARK SIDE!!! steelfalcon29's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trikpony
    I'll be the first to step forward and admit I’m guilty of inviting others to check out my website while welcoming them to Gotstang and offering any assistance in helping them setting up there webpages here ect ect.
    I have received these same types of invites from others on this site in the past and so I didn’t see it as being wrong since I don’t run around spamming.
    There are members of my site which I have encouraged to join GS and become involved in the activities and enjoy some of the unique features it has to offer…I felt the teams idea was a great way to unit other sites with Gotstang and encourage even more particapation ..but anyways like you stated its all about the Mustangs and Friendships.
    OK now I'm lost!!! I'm all over the net during the day and telling anyone that has a stang that they should stop by and check out the site and if they need help I'll be glad to help em....am I spam?

Gotstang? Regular

How about a way to unmark a message as spam? I accidently marked one as spam once, stupid laptop mouse just decided I wanted to click on that partiular thing as I was trying to move the mouse.....

Thread Information