gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bitch session

Default Bitch session

I am going to get this off my chest because if I hold it in I will be REALLY pissed. Some ungrateful son of a bitch just ranked me a 1. My average since joining GS has been 9.13. I have spent countless hours ranking EVERY single person on here and have given a fair ranking to all. If there were no pictures, I might give a 1 ranking only to come back and re-rank when the website was complete. It makes me mad that someone who was rifling through the ranking process would give a 1 to anyone who has a semi nice car, let alone a car that has been consistently ranked at the top... It has cost me positions in the Car Rank category, something I have worked hard to achieve. And not to mention the fact that I have ranked 1678 people and only been ranked back by 410 people on one car, and a measly 145 times on my GT... Time for GS members to get off thier asses and be fair about how they hand out ranks.
    Last edited by GW269; 05-11-2006 at 03:42 AM.

I realize you only get 1 point for ranking someone, and it takes a long time and alot of work to rank everyone, but to quick rank jump into everyones site and only give 1 point to accomplish the goal is not what it was meant to be. Actually take some time and view the cars... A members average rank is important to them. When slackers come through, and only you know who you are, and rank someone a 1, it screws with that persons average. I am NOT the only person this has happened to. This must be a sensitive subject, but at the risk of pissing off some members on this wonderful site, I have to say I am extremely disappointed that less than 1/3 of the people I have ranked have returned the favor. And less than 1/10 of the people have ranked my second car or taken the time to notice I have TWO cars that need to be ranked...... I keep track of every point and ranking I earn. I am active in hunts, carshows, ranking other people and faceoff voting. I am in the top 50 in both car and member ranks. I am done now but remember what goes around comes around....

Well done - low ranking is just wrong ....

You reminded me I at least have to rank back the people who ranked me. It's only fair. I am just one of those guys who DOES spend a lot of time so it takes a VERY long time to rank which is why I personally am behind ..... must get to that.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scott 01Cobra
    Well done - low ranking is just wrong ....

You reminded me I at least have to rank back the people who ranked me. It's only fair. I am just one of those guys who DOES spend a lot of time so it takes a VERY long time to rank which is why I personally am behind ..... must get to that.
    Thanks Scott... it took me a few weeks to get everyone ranked. I appreciate your support.

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

I agree with everything you said, come on people take time and Check out the sites!!! Please Rank us back and do it Fairly!!! I have Ranked 1699 People and only 934 have Ranked me back, I keep track also, I don't have the Greatest Stang on here but even My Mach deserves better than a 1...Glad someone finally spoke up and Bitched!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Sorry that happen to you

I sure know what he is talking about because the same thing happens to me. The best one is when they have the nerve to come to your site but yet walk off and dont even bother ranking you because they are hating. All mustangs are beautiful and each one is different in the own way. Also I remember many time when I have ranked a persons car a 10 and made great comments on there car and not even as a word of thanks I get back. Sure makes me think how rude a person can be. Anyway babe sorry that happen to you but if its makes you feel better babe I think your cars are AMAZING!! and That is why your on my top ten list

I have to take a second and talk here.

I agree that ranking someone a 1 with a great car is just hating... but sometimes its called for. If every stang were a '10' in everyones minds, then why have a rank system? If someone ranks you a 1 it usually means they dont like what you have done with your car.

Why not have a rank system from 5-10 ? the point of a 1 is to tell you that they dont like what you have done with your car. Not that your car is a '1' .

What can be done to resolve this issue? Make more categories? Overall Car Rank? Appearance rank?

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Moderator

I am definitely not the best person when it comes to the sites ranking process. When I do rank I view the site and rank accordingly. I have never rated anyone a 1. If their site is bad I just don't rank them as they don't even deserve the one point. If someone ranks my site and is nice enough to tell ranked ya a 10, now rank me back - I am NOT likely to rank their site at all. If they are just ranking my car simply to get my rank back then I miss the point in doing it.

I am here to talk with people here in the forums and I enjoy doing some graphics for people here on the site. (Probably the one thing on gotstang that points aren't given for.) I rank folks when I have time to do some of that. I would never give a nice car (quality photos showing it) a poor rating. Let's be honest though, people throw around points like candy. My is NOT a 10, but it's not a three or four either. People throwing out a vote of 1 is childish, stupid, ignorant, moronic, idiotic and whatever other names everyone can come up with. Most of it is jealousy against you folks with nice cars. You guys/gals have nice cars and you are all highly ranked on the site. People envy that and that makes them... shit.

As for GW269 I had never posted a vote, BUT... I have create a few sigs for him. (I voted now though).

It is possible that they were not sure of the ranking system and maybe thought 1 was high unless they made a comment. Just a thought here but it is possible. I know I had someone do that to me and then come back to say they were sorry the thought they were ranking me a good number. The other thing is what J said or they are just an a$$.

I was not the only person who recieved a 1. 2K5LADY also recieved a 1. I can only conclude that someone, who might be going through the ranking process, or someone who thinks that they are only going to give a point to get a point, is ranking people and then jumping out without even looking at the car or the mods... If someone hates my car that much then do not vote.. it will not effect my average and they can go thier merry way. I track my points diligently, and know when I am being screwed....

Quote Originally Posted by GW269
    I was not the only person who recieved a 1. 2K5LADY also recieved a 1. I can only conclude that someone, who might be going through the ranking process, or someone who thinks that they are only going to give a point to get a point, is ranking people and then jumping out without even looking at the car or the mods... If someone hates my car that much then do not vote.. it will not effect my average and they can go thier merry way. I track my points diligently, and know when I am being screwed....
    I now it is not right if that is what they are doing, but just dont get too upset over it some people are just rude if that is what they are doing.

It's all about the Average and the hard work we do to our cars and the hard work we have put into this site and the results we hope to obtain. For the most part we are happy with making new friends and having a good time on GS, but the results of the ranking system are added up and displayed in the Top member or Car list and we strive to get to the top, even though Charlie has a lock on that. We are trying and all we ask in return is that everyone else do thier part. Fairly.

I agree and understand where your coming from. The unfortunate deal is, some people are quite frankly haters, look at me with the Hunt pics, some of mine will b so obvious and I'll have like 3 or 4 votes of it being fake. I don't think it's a personal attack on u......but it may be, I know of quite a few people who hate my guts on this site, and I've never met em or done anything to em, that's just the way it is.

Gotta dust off your shoulder and keep rollin.

Sig By: Mustangfreak123

Rank Stats for my 05
    Number of ranks 5 and under 39
    Number of ranks that were 6 55
    Number of ranks that were 7 83
    Number of ranks that were 8 167
    Number of ranks that were 9 169
    Number of ranks that were 10 348

Rank Stats for my 66
    Number of ranks 5 and under 8
    Number of ranks that were 6 6
    Number of ranks that were 7 11
    Number of ranks that were 8 14
    Number of ranks that were 9 8
    Number of ranks that were 10 42

This person has ranked 1844 people and was ranked 950 times.

I don't like the numbers but that is just the way it is...some of those under 5 are from ppl I have pissed off...some are from ppl who are lazy and didn't look at my site..I had the same thing happen to me with a rank of 1..guy even pm me and sed he ranked me high! What he didn't get is that a 1 is better than nothing so the joke is on him. I figure some of my ranks are from the beginning b4 I had a decent site set up and ppl never went back to rerank..and don't bother posting in the forums asking ppl to look again, most won't. Then you got to remember that alot of the members are not active anymore so you have ranked them but they have not been on the site in months or more...in my mind even stock neither one of my cars deserve anything less that a 7. My 66 is 40 years old and is in excellent shape...gotta remember also that some ppl are ranking but don't get that you may have 2 different cars and never rank the second one also ppl rank on diff things, some for appearance some for go if the site were being ranked fairly the person doing the ranking would not rank on just personal prefferance but on what you have chose to do with you car ..look at my cars and tell me why I would have an under 5 cause I don't get it either...uuummmm rerank me while you are there J maybe if you could put a choice of show or go or whatever that we could put on the site to let ppl know what we are shooting for in our stangs...personally go is not that important to me on the 05. She is a head turner and that is what I want..the 66 is still up for discussion between the hubby and me

Stang Girls Race Hard FierceRage's Avatar

Rank Stats for FierceRage

Number of ranks 5 and under 59
    Number of ranks that were 6 49
    Number of ranks that were 7 73
    Number of ranks that were 8 116
    Number of ranks that were 9 140
    Number of ranks that were 10 354

This person has ranked 1694 people and was ranked 791 times.

sig. done by crimsonblack

sig. done by Nicoleb3x3

sig. done by JonnyMustang

Sam's 03 Terminater

I guess mine are not too bad but also 5 and under seems to be reaching with over 12G's tied up in my Car. I have been ranking only those who rank me but I check it frequently and rank accordingly. I would never give anyone a one.
    11 5 and under
    24 6
    39 7
    62 8
    53 9
    106 10's
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

GotStang? junkie

Number of ranks 5 and under 55
    Number of ranks that were 6 64
    Number of ranks that were 7 84
    Number of ranks that were 8 154
    Number of ranks that were 9 106
    Number of ranks that were 10 143

This person has ranked 1724 people and was ranked 606 times.

Quote Originally Posted by yosemiddysam
    I guess mine are not too bad but also 5 and under seems to be reaching with over 12G's tied up in my Car. I have been ranking only those who rank me but I check it frequently and rank accordingly. I would never give anyone a one.
    11 5 and under
    24 6
    39 7
    62 8
    53 9
    106 10's
    see...you are talking about mony and I understand that..belive me! I got alot of cash in mine but more than that it's the "design" that you choose for your stang...I know I am not the only one that has struggled about the decisions of mods and really what is a mod? That is diff in everyones mind...a mod to me is the FORD on my hood...a small one but still a mod...

Gotstang? Moderator

OK, my average rank is an 8.04. My car is NOT an 8. A five maybe, a six... eh, if you have blurry vision maybe. I paid $2300 for my car, so it ain't an 8 (an 8 would have coast me over $5K). Sure, I have put a hell of a lot more than that into the car but you can't see it from the outside. (interior, transmission, complete brake rebuild, etc) You guys however are on the other side of the spectrum... you have votes of six or less and there's just no way votes should be that low. It goes to show that no system is perfect. You can't get upset about it. How many are really voting to vote on all the cars or voting to get that easy 1 point and hope that half of who you vote for will return the favor? Be honest. Hsepwrbrat has voted on more than 1700 cars, Fierce Rage, nearly 1700 and Blnpony05... (Jesus!). There aren't that many on the website who even participate in any part of the site on a regular basis.

I'm not really into it so much (the ratings) so when I vote it's because I really liked the car or just appreciate the effort on the car.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonblack
    OK, my average rank is an 8.04. My car is NOT an 8. A five maybe, a six... eh, if you have blurry vision maybe. I paid $2300 for my car, so it ain't an 8 (an 8 would have coast me over $5K). Sure, I have put a hell of a lot more than that into the car but you can't see it from the outside. (interior, transmission, complete brake rebuild, etc) You guys however are on the other side of the spectrum... you have votes of six or less and there's just no way votes should be that low. It goes to show that no system is perfect. You can't get upset about it. How many are really voting to vote on all the cars or voting to get that easy 1 point and hope that half of who you vote for will return the favor? Be honest. Hsepwrbrat has voted on more than 1700 cars, Fierce Rage, nearly 1700 and Blnpony05... (Jesus!). There aren't that many on the website who even participate in any part of the site on a regular basis.

I'm not really into it so much (the ratings) so when I vote it's because I really liked the car or just appreciate the effort on the car.

aaahhh Tim I have ranked everyone on the site because I hate to leave things unfinished...honestly did not know I got a point for every rank that I did...are you sure about that?? I thought member points came from hunts, face-offs,car show and tourneys..... Anyway I like being in the top ten on the leaderboard for most ranked cars
    Last edited by tobedeleted_blnpony05; 05-11-2006 at 12:43 PM.

S.O.B !!! I NEED GAS !!! 91GT347's Avatar

I agree that people should rank you back. You would also be surprised as to how many members there are that dont even get on anymore,or are only on every couple of months. I looked at the last activity for alot of them I ranked and it would be along long time ago. I dont get the hunt pics thing like Frosty said. That happens every time. Thats just people being assholes. I know who one of the biggest culprits of that is,but I'm not saying.All you have to do is keep watching who's logged on when it happens. After a couple of times you'll figure out who it is. I dont think they are smart enough to figure out that others arent that stupid.Actually maybe I should pass it around so EVERYBODY ranks them a 1. lol

Sam's 03 Terminater

I really dont care what I get from others because to me it is how much I like my stang that matters. I think I am very fair when I judge but I very rarely hand out a ten. If the car deserves it then they get it. I would not say my car is a 10 but I have quite a few of them. Guess it is just how people look at them.

Sam's 03 Terminater

Just looked again and 2 dip shits ranked me 5 and below.LOL oh well

Question, how do know someone ranked you a 1? All I see in the stats is 5 and under. And if you don't have pics then your a 1. I can't rank a paragraph for your car.On the other hand I will add the name to the notifications to rank them later after they update. I have ranked everyone on this site and what really ticks me off is the one I see saying "I ranked you awhile ago, how 'bout ranking me", then I see they never ranked me. So after a polite PM still no rank.

J, I think additional rank catagories would be a good addition. For example:
    -Appearance
    -Modifications
    -Site

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

I'm sorry, but some of you guys take this site a little too seriously....
    -Black '03 GT

Thread Information