gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Addict

Talking 94 Vette, Denied? Really? I Won?

My best friend got to drive his date's father's '94 Corvette to Prom last night. (I know, how unlucky is that lol) Well, my friend drives a v6 Camaro daily so he was excited about the vette and wanted to show it off to me. I was in the Stang (V6 Auto). We line them up and he says he'll give me a headstart. (He thinks his old vette is so fast he can be a little cocky) Well I agree to a get a headstart and I turn the overdrive off and gun it, well I get about 4 lengths or so and he guns it. I can hear him spinning and he never catches up. I go to what I know is past a quarter (we have it marked out on this particular stretch of road) and I let off, I think he was about 5 or more car length behind when I let off. Next time we go, I told him to roll into it and fan the throttle so he can get some traction. Well, he wants to give me another headstart so I take it. He gives me about a 3 length headstart. After we go I look in my mirror and I've got 5 lengths on him still and we are at least halfway through the quarter and I tap the brakes to let him catch up a little (big mistake) He ends up passing me at the end and thinks he won. We go a third time, a 30 roll. My overdrive is still off and I honk 3 times. I go and immediately start to pull and pull, he never catches up. Does this sound realistic or what? I looked up the specs for a 94 Vette and they are rated at 245HP, and I don't have the nitrous hooked up yet. Was the traction issue an excuse. I rode with him later and it seemed to hook up just as good as the Stang
    2003 GT
    H&R SuperSports l Tokico Illumina dampers l Maximum Motorsports c/c plates l MM XL SFCs l MGW shifter l other goodies...

35th Anniversary Mach 1

You know, I have raced a couple of early '90s Vettes and had the same kind of result. I think it's a combination of the traction and the experience behind the wheel of a paticular car.
    I raced a kid in his Dad's Vette at Bremerton and beat him handily but, then his Dad drove it and he rolled through the traps (my 14.01 to his 14.05) right next to me!
    Don't know if that helps, but I would have loved to see his face when he couldn't catch you!!

Gotstang? Addict

Yeah I would love to know what he was thinking when he stayed way behind. He thought very highly of his vette at first. It was an automatic though, If it had been a manual I don't know how it would have turned out. Probably worse, he drives and automatic daily.
    2003 GT
    H&R SuperSports l Tokico Illumina dampers l Maximum Motorsports c/c plates l MM XL SFCs l MGW shifter l other goodies...

Nice kill!!!!!

2001 Bullitt
    DHG
    O/R X-pipe, Optima Red Top Battery, Fog Lights

Gotstang? Regular

That's wild. Guy came over here the other day with a brand spankin new Vette, he put on $10K worth of mods including a blower, says it's got 500 hp which I totally believe. Don't know how he drives, but with almost *twice* my hp, I don't think it would matter!

Poor guy He thinks he's all big and bad in his Vette and ends up getting beat by a V6 Stang Nice Kill!
    -Black '03 GT

Thread Information