back to gotstang.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That sucks Mike! Glad to see your OK!

2001 Bullitt
    DHG
    O/R X-pipe, Optima Red Top Battery, Fog Lights

Gotstang? Regular MdniteMustang00's Avatar

it looks totaled to me michael

DEFINITELY take pictures of the scene...you can get the city to fix it.

that's what happened with my fender that i had to fix, but it was cheaper to not bother insurance or get a lawyer to after the city....
    Becca - 2000 GT - 12.94@104mp
    Black Mustang Club

F*ck. Man I've been there done that. But I did look on the bright side. Good things came out of it. I got my car fixed and that's how I got all my aftermarket stuff for my '04. I know how you feel though. Your stomach just starts turning when you think about it. Keep us updated on what's going on.

Michael...your passenger called me...i didnt know your air bags deployed...it's gonna be close sweetie. You can always just get a better mustang! lol
    Black Mustang Club

Quote Originally Posted by MdniteMustang00
    Michael...your passenger called me...i didnt know your air bags deployed...it's gonna be close sweetie. You can always just get a better mustang! lol
    lol yea..he helped me put the accufab tb and plenum on 10 min b4 the wreck.. dammit.. but yea.. i hope either i can fix it or get another sublime.. i want a mineral grey still.. im going to make it the same.. i might be able to get a nice bumper and badass hood out of this IF its not totalled. thanks for eveyrthing tho.. im just freaked out still.. my car is gone.. i have nothing.. it suckssssssssss

Quote Originally Posted by sublimegt
    lol yea..he helped me put the accufab tb and plenum on 10 min b4 the wreck.. dammit.. but yea.. i hope either i can fix it or get another sublime.. i want a mineral grey still.. im going to make it the same.. i might be able to get a nice bumper and badass hood out of this IF its not totalled. thanks for eveyrthing tho.. im just freaked out still.. my car is gone.. i have nothing.. it suckssssssssss
    between the air bags and the way it looks like the frame may have bent/shifted (looking at the way the driver side bent in, and the passenger went up and outward)...it's quite possible it's gonna get totaled....sucks to think about... depending on how much you wanna spend for it... you could do like Amy did, and buy it back from the insurance company and fix it yourself... let us know, and we can keep our eyes peeled for mineral grey stangs for sale!
    Black Mustang Club

Default Newest pics...

2005 Mustang V6 s/c

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

OMG that makes me sick looking at your poor Stang!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

GotStang? junkie

Oh damn....

Moderator/ Forum Kid :D auriansmustang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MdniteMustang00
    yea, Michael, what she said. you can always get a black mustang.
    14years old, dads '00, my 88GT

Thank you MustangFreak for the awesome sig!

Can you hear me now?

Sorry to that beautiful stang ruined. Looks like it will be totalled. Try to save as many parts as you can from it. That's what my friend did when he got into a wreck. Hope everything works out for you. Definitely upgrade to a better stang, hopefully in black. LOL.

2004 Black Mach 1
    SLP Loudmouth
    Mac O/R H-pipe
    JLT RAI
    MGW Shifter
    H&R SS springs
    MM CC plates
    18" Black DD Bullitts

Gotstang? Regular

yeah, that's gotta be totalled, I bet the frame is bent, that with the airbags going off should pretty much do ya in.

Good luck if ya try going after the city.. a judge sees a man under 30 and a mustang and he's going to probably assume you were showboating.
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?
    Add a few letters to VTEC and it's pretty cool.... VorTECh

Quote Originally Posted by MachGT
    yeah, that's gotta be totalled, I bet the frame is bent, that with the airbags going off should pretty much do ya in.

Good luck if ya try going after the city.. a judge sees a man under 30 and a mustang and he's going to probably assume you were showboating.
    very true man.. dammit ur right.. this is , i dont want to lose my sublime.. god ..

rocks in the road..

gravel

construction areas who dont cleanup their Shat

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

Holy shit bro, I'm sorry to see your car in that form. I'm glad to hear your alright and be thankfull your hear with us to be able to rebuild again. If push comes to shove when they try to total it be very aware of what they are totaling and take off what isn't included in there appraisel of the car. I personaly would want to find another car and put all my stuff on the new one just to avoid the slavage title crap issues. If you didn't have the car appraised with all the add-ons included they may just baulk at giving you the real value of the car and in that case,start stripping her down and show them just what a totaled book value car trully looks like!

Good luck,Joey.

Quote Originally Posted by blown93feature
    Holy shit bro, I'm sorry to see your car in that form. I'm glad to hear your alright and be thankfull your hear with us to be able to rebuild again. If push comes to shove when they try to total it be very aware of what they are totaling and take off what isn't included in there appraisel of the car. I personaly would want to find another car and put all my stuff on the new one just to avoid the slavage title crap issues. If you didn't have the car appraised with all the add-ons included they may just baulk at giving you the real value of the car and in that case,start stripping her down and show them just what a totaled book value car trully looks like!

Good luck,Joey.
    what he sed....it's totaled. I do this stuff all day.....it's automatic when the bags blow..lots of safety issues to replace them not to mention that they cost about 1k each...start getting your mods off asap....ins will not pay for them.

I am so sorry. It hurts all Mustang owners to see one of thier own like that. Let us know if we can do anything.
    Lori
    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

manm.... that fucken sucks bro........ sad to see pictures of you stang injuried. anyhow hey if it's totalled, "hello" to the 4valve V8s I know how you feel...... spending all those money on the stang and in a flash, it's all gone. anyhow best of luck bro..... keep us posted
    Last edited by Hmongstang; 04-11-2006 at 02:56 PM.

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

well how do i get my new springs and struts off.. what about my new x pipe and mufflers, tailpipes.. wtf? how can i get all that off?

It's a Ragtop Day

Sawzall is your friend.

Just grab a box of tools and head out to where Sublime is resting and start dissassembling her.

Heck, let me know where it is and ill go out there and help, im not doing anything too important tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks to MdniteMustang00 for the sig.

lol ok... i will let ya know

Shit if I weren't going to Oklahoma this weekend I'd drive down there and help you disassemble her. Hell I just did almost all that to my car.

I hate to say it Sublime, but after those pictures....I dont think there is going to be any salvaging on that car from the insurance company, they will want to total it and it might be the best thing, there are some serious stress issues with the body of that car and putting it back on the road could result in a safety issue...

I would try and get everything off that you can and look into either a used car or a new one...I myself dont like the new body style, I would be looking for a Cobra most likely if you can get insurance on one after the accident...

Hate to see it like that bro

damn, that sucks man. I bet they will total it. I would get the deep dishes off and put the stock bullits back on. Get every thing you can, and then next thought Mach 1 or 03-04 cobra. Sorry to hear what happened. She was a beautiful car.

yea.. i dont know how to get exhaust rims. springs, struts.. and all.. were newwwwwww, and my brand new throttle body too.. dammitttttttt

Thread Information