gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Sam's 03 Terminater

Default Need some advice on buying a car!!!!!!!

My buddy is selling his 89 Ford Thunderchicken Super Coupe for 800.00. It has the supercharged V-6 in it and it runs great. Seems to have some serious nuts for having 130,000 miles on it. It is a 5 speed and shifts gears good and the clutch feels good. It has some decent aftermarket Chrome rims and new tires on it. The car is lowered but in my oppinion way too low. It sets about two inches lower than my Stang. It almost looks like it sets on the ground but it handles great. The power steering is leaking bad but he bought a new pump for it but one of the lines is leaking which I have a new one for it. The main serpentine belt is trashed but I have a new one for it also. The interior is shot. Both front leather seats are shot. The sunroof control got ripped out of it so it dont work. One of the smaller back glass windows got broken into and busted. It will need a new sterio and antenna. It has power antenna but I guess it either got ripped off or dont extend. I really only want it to drive back and forth to work to keep the miles off the Stang and liabilty insurance is only 42 dollars a month here in Cali. It will have to pass a smog test here too. What do you guys and gals think? Is it worth it and if any of ya'll know how much parts are for this car please let me know. I am getting a 400 cu inch ford moter,trans, and running gears within the next month for free. Do ya think I could convert this thing into a serious drag car or what? Please give me some feed back on this. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I can!!!!!
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

Sounds like a good beater car to use for work and rainy days, for the price you can't go wrong...

35th Anniversary Mach 1

Quote Originally Posted by GW269
    Sounds like a good beater car to use for work and rainy days, for the price you can't go wrong...
    Exactly! They are great cars nd fun to drive, this one sounds like the car you want to drive when there is a chance of door dings!
    Price is right, the fixes are easy!
    Go for it!
    When you wear it out, then consider the race thing!

It's a Ragtop Day

Drop the 400 in the Tbird, and the 3.8 in your stang.... Then I see you have a GT, so sell the 3.8 setup.

Thanks to MdniteMustang00 for the sig.

GotStang? junkie

I had 3 chickens, and they were all pretty good cars. Bad torque converters in 2 of them, but you won't have that problem. 2 were 3.8s and 1 was a 4.6. There should be a few of them in junkyards, if you need new seats and stuff... Sounds like a fun project!

Thread Information