gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Default Definition for RICE

I found this definition on the urban dictionary website and thought it might be helpful to some for the hideous rice hunt claim.

2. rice

Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. (R.I.C.E.)Parts put on cars to make them look fast, when they have no internal tuning, and are actually slow as hell. Parts usually consist of excessivley angular bodykits, large rear spoilers, neon, sponsor stickers, chrome rims, fake "coffee can" exhaust tips, and loud, annoying paint jobs and/or vynils. Sometimes parts are do-it-yourself installed and are basically duct taped to the car. Most commonly known for being done to Honda Civics, but can also be done to slow domestic vehicles, such as a Chevy Cavalier, etc.

"Yo dog, did you see the Civic that guy was rollin' in? it was so rice."

"This guy's got nothin' under the hood, it's just rice. Smoke him."

Rice is a term used to describe a trend in the modern, American, car culture. An offshoot of the true underground street racing scene of the late 80s, where people want to become a part of the scene, though they were never really involved in it at the beginning. So when some one puts what would be considered Rice on their car it is in an effort to fit into the image of the street racer. The cheapest way to look like this way is with purely sensory modifications, Altezza lights, large muffler tips without any exhaust modifications, wild paint, wild body kits, spoilers, mismatched badges and stickers, large flamboyant rims, excessive stereo, etc.
    Anything that would appear to add performance, but inreality does not.Though any care can be “riced” it usually occurs with sport compact cars both domestic, and foreign. The ricer modifies his or her car to please others, rather then himself, they are more concerned that their car looks fast, that if it is fast.
    "That car is riced out."
    "Look at that ricer."
    "I dont like that, mod it is to rice for me."

And the word hideous:

hid·e·ous adj.
    Repulsive, especially to the sight; revoltingly ugly. See Synonyms at ugly.
    Offensive to moral sensibilities; despicable.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Gotstang? Addict

I hate rice. My whole page 5 is dedicated to my distain of Rice. Ricers are artist of excuses. They have cars that really "Stand-Out" lol. http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?...=1&page=5#jump

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

like i always say
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lxexpress
    like i always say
    couldnt have said it better myself, i may have to borrow that one!!

2005 Mustang V6 s/c

o. . .well thats a great definition for rice. . . but my mustang and i define them as a "snack" or "lunch". . . . . . they need to get off the road or I will push them off it

Gotstang? Moderator

Rice - Just add butter and salt. It goes great with the WHINE.

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonblack
    Rice - Just add butter and salt. It goes great with the WHINE.
    True!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Gotstang? Moderator

How about... "Shit on a Stick".

Thread Information