gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Convertible Systems

I have a 1997 Ford Mustang Vert and am looking to add a killer system in my car around summer time. I am putting all my money into the engine right now to run 12's with a v6.

Since I will be running those times I need a roll bar installed, so I am looking to see what I can do with the trunk. Please post any pics or ideas that you may have.

I do know for a fact with the top down bass is hard to hear, so I am also looking for something that will sound good with the top down.

Thanks,
    Keith

5.0 and Still Slow! cdog02mustgt's Avatar

it is going to be hard do do anything good, your best thing to do is upgrade all your speakers and do a 4 channel amp, you might be able to fit a 10 but thats it, maybe a basslink????

Well I got 3 10's in my 94 Vert -- Not alot of room left --just enough for a 10lb bottle

Gotstang? Moderator

What about a unit that contains amps, speakers and so forth making it more portable and compact. This could be placed into the backseat area as needed. Definitely not much room in the trunk with the top down on a fox body.

autosoundandperformance

If you dont use your back seats, take them out and have box built there with 2 15's ported. Check my website on here on page 2 how we did the trans am with 3 15's.

Gotstang? Moderator

Yeah, I have a box in there right now which just houses some huge speakers. But it's nothing fancy. But if you took that box and could put the goodies on it and make the connections with quick disconnects that could be pretty cool.

Thread Information