gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Default Cover Your License Plate

You know so many cover their plates when they post pics. Im not knockin them at all because I get the lajest of it....but think about it...U drive around all day with it uncovered for every1 to see. Just thought I'd muster-up some conversation on your thoughts. Splain-me.

LOL, I agree... but when you see a plate on the road you really dont think much of it.. but when yer talkin with the person everyday... you might go nosin around with their plate information.... Im sure if you knew the right people you could get the right information.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Regular

i have never hid mine either ,,heck i would be happy for a stolen ID then i could blame it on someone else. lol

Ive had some friends that had some instances with their cars being posted online and people have pulled the plate information to get their address, phone number etc.....

the worst was there was a local shop who was taking pictures of their work and putting it up on a website....some kids took that information along with the plates, found the addresses for where the cars were registered and then proceeded to break into the places and take the equipment that had just been installed....

HELL I DONT EVEN KNOW MY OWN LIC PLATE #.

whats the worst that could happen. find out where I live. track me down! oh well, i wont lose sleep. what else, maybe steel my car (who'd want it, there are better cars on this site) besides if it gets stolen, that gives me a GREAT reason to buy a new one! Shit, I'll give you my address then.

J get ready! I might have to change my name to Cobra07

Haha, at 1st I did on all my pictures. Then I was like, hey, if someone wants my plate, they're gonna get it, so now I just let it ride.

Sig By: Mustangfreak123

Gotstang? Newbie!

i cover my plate on big sites like car domain and yahoo where there is no telling what kind of wacko is looking but on sites like this i'll let it go

Gotstang? Addict

I have only covered my plates in about 2 pictures. I never knew why people covered them untill I read this post. I don't care if any GS members see my plates, it's the cops im worried about.

I'm a Rocket Scientist! Black Stallion's Avatar

I just follow the crowd lol. I don't really care, I know in a few I forgot to cover it up. O well.
    1998 Mustang GT Coupe & 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

Moderator/ Forum Kid :D auriansmustang's Avatar

i just do it because if i didnt people would be like "hey bro, just wanted to give you a heads up that you might want to cover your plates" lol.
    14years old, dads '00, my 88GT

Thank you MustangFreak for the awesome sig!

I don't cover mine, if someone wants to come visit I have a very big dog really, very big...and fast

Sam's 03 Terminater

I dont know how to cover mine
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

The way I see it is that if you come to my house and have the balls to break into my garage you will then set off my alarm which trigers a self mechanism to wake-up in such a way that I inadvertantly grab the shot gun which is a arms length from my pillow with a full load (7 shots) running nakid to blast the freakin theif to hell and back....And something tells me that you dont want to see me in the nude.

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra94
    HELL I DONT EVEN KNOW MY OWN LIC PLATE #.

whats the worst that could happen. find out where I live. track me down! oh well, i wont lose sleep. what else, maybe steel my car (who'd want it, there are better cars on this site) besides if it gets stolen, that gives me a GREAT reason to buy a new one! Shit, I'll give you my address then.

J get ready! I might have to change my name to Cobra07

Well well, we can take care of that. Give me the spare set of keys that you don't have "Wink, Wink" leave the Garage doors open for the night and Mr. COBRA94 is gone, and we'll have 93-94cobravert.

Anyway who you blowing to get an 07' this quick, you musta really been on your knees in Texas.
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

I have enough bad luck, I erase anything that can be tied to me, shit let me give you the key to my front door.

The truth is, there are people out there that can do shit with plate numbers, ask Dan, I've found out a lot about a loser because of his license plate, well not his someone he stole it from. As a matter of fact it made him steal another.

I just don't need any shiT, I've got enough.
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

Quote Originally Posted by J
    LOL, I agree... but when you see a plate on the road you really dont think much of it.. but when yer talkin with the person everyday... you might go nosin around with their plate information.... Im sure if you knew the right people you could get the right information.
    Right

Quote Originally Posted by cobranos150
    The way I see it is that if you come to my house and have the balls to break into my garage you will then set off my alarm which trigers a self mechanism to wake-up in such a way that I inadvertantly grab the shot gun which is a arms length from my pillow with a full load (7 shots) running nakid to blast the freakin theif to hell and back....And something tells me that you dont want to see me in the nude.

You are crazy!

I'm about the same though! I have a 22 Luger with 12 rounds within reaching distance and that thing will scare the hell out of you when it gets fired (really loud). All my real guns are at my parents house! I don't think they would want to see me naked either!

2001 Bullitt
    DHG
    O/R X-pipe, Optima Red Top Battery, Fog Lights

imo i think blurring the front one out.. like i do.. or taking it off for a pic is good.. it makes the car look cleaner without the plate on the front.. it ruins the whole nice-look of the car in a pic..

Thread Information