gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: Sad day at home

Default Sad day at home

Well it was a sad day today at my house my dad was restoring a 68 cougar. Built the motor 306 with a demon carb heads, edelbrock intake,I mean the whole nine yards.The car was going to be wimbledon white with a black top with an elimantor hood and spoiler, with brand new magnum 500's.He has invested almost 12 thousand bucks in it and was hoping to get it finished in April. That would be almost a year to date when he dropped it off. Well found out this morning that the guys shop burned last nite with my dads car in it, burned the carb all the way down to the heads,melted it. Nothing left but a burnt shell. It made me feel sick to my stomach when I found out, I can only imagine how my dad is feeling, and to top it all off no insurance on the shop! The guy was doing car restoration on the side and I have seen some of his work and it is immaculate, but he was just renting the building and not sure how the guy who owns it will handle it. I just hope my dad doesnt end up loosing his ass. I just dont think that would be fair at all

RIP 68 Mercury Cougar I, like my dad will miss u!

GotStang? junkie

OMG how awful! Do you have any pics of it, before the tragedy? I can't believe the guy didn't have insurance...

Drive it like u stole it!

that is shitty
    Thanks to Crimsonblack for the awesome sig!!!

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

I hate hearing these kinds of stories it makes me sick to my stomach. We'll I hope it works out for your dad. Did your father have the car insured through his own insurance company atleast??? please tell me he did!

Oh man, was the car covered by any insurance, classic, antique???

Sig By: Mustangfreak123

I'll leave u in the dust

Thats so sad. how didnt the guy have insurance on his shop. I hope your dad got insurance on the car!

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

He has insurance on the car ...just liabilty, the collector car insurance was when the car was 2 be finished because the gave him some bs about not being able to cover a work in progress or some shit. Did go and talk to a lawyer today and found out the guy does have 2 pay for it, now its just a matter of when

I'll leave u in the dust

Well at least thats good to kno that the guy has to pay for it i hope u guys get your money soon!

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

I know several businesses here in Austin, speciality speed/performance shops, etc. that don't have insurance on their buildings. How stupid? You are working on machines that have electrical issues, have flammable fluids, etc. How can someone not have insurance on their shops just blows my mind.
    Lori
    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Well dad had a lawyer draw up a promisary note saying he would pay for the car and the guy signed it so i guess hopefully its all going 2 work out

that is one of the worst things that could happen to someone...in my opionon.

I'm about to start my long awaited 5.0 swap this week....I could only imagine, and I don't have quite that much invested; it's not just the money, it's like losing your dream.
    Someone call Chip Foose!

Someone call Chip Foose!

Ive actually thought the same thing

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

man that blows,hopefuly the dude comes good for it..i have heard guys having problems getting insurance for "work in progress" vehicles..i would think worst case scenario if he's got reciepts for everything he might be able to recoop most if not all of his money....good luck to him..
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

something to think about also..if you dont have your car appraised on a regular basis(here in canada) its every two years,i'm glad i got mine done,they said if my ride was destroyed(totallled,fire,etc)they were gonna give me 2800.00 for it...thanks!!! your rates might go up but it something ever happened..it sure beats the alternative...
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Well the guy came through with the money for my dad , and we have already found a replacement ....a 64 1/2 coupe with a built 289 disc brakes, 9" ford rear ..........Ill have pics for it soon.....another member in the stable

35th Anniversary Mach 1

Congrats! Post pics ASAP!!

Thread Information