gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

OK, how on earth did I end up in Heaviliy Modified fer crying out loud? I have a 100% stock body, 100% stock engine - hell it's even got the original air box with the only "improvement" being a later model snorkel - stock wheels - stock interior - it still has the stock shifter! .... even the suspension is stock style (as in it does not have coil overs). The only mods to this car are to stiffen the chassis and improve handling and safety on a road course, and many of those are just stock items from other Cobra models! - suspension bushings, springs and shocks, brake pads, etc. I could argue it is only lightly modified, but I conceed that the retro-fit of a 2001 independant rear suspension system probably pushes it into Moderately Modified?

Methinks the judges need to look beyond the length of the mod list and look at the mods themselves. I don't have a snowflakes hell in hades in a face off against ANY of the other cars in the heavily modified class, so either someone takes another look at my classification and common sense prevails and I get bumped down a class or two, or I will have to block judged face offs unfortunately - and I'd rather not do that ...

Gotstang? Addict

I agree with OZ. His car seems like it must be modded to Hell since he runs it on the course but if doesn't have one single mod other than suspension then it doesn't seem fair to him. If our cars were both in a car show and in a modified class I bet I would win even though I have not a single suspension mod. I wish there were a set rule of guidelines that the judges are going by that we could all see. There are probably some cars that are classed a little too low also. One Awesome stang that stood out to me was The Guardian, (just b/c its a six and I really like it, not to single you out) The Guardian is ranked lightly modified. I am ranked Moderately Modded. the Guardian has more exterior mods than me, Way more interior mods. (I'm almost stock interior wise) and just as many performance mods that I know of. I think that if I challenged The Guardian in Overall Best Stang, The Guardian would win(IMO). Im not mad that I'm ranked moderately, only that other cars a few cars are ranked out of place, I think, like OZ and The Guardian. So if someone could explain, give guidelines, ect, about how were being classed, it would clear up some confusion.

If your face-off was deleted it was because I have fixed the judged face-offs script to deny certain face-offs.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by OZ98Cobra
    OK, how on earth did I end up in Heaviliy Modified fer crying out loud? I have a 100% stock body, 100% stock engine - hell it's even got the original air box with the only "improvement" being a later model snorkel - stock wheels - stock interior - it still has the stock shifter! .... even the suspension is stock style (as in it does not have coil overs). The only mods to this car are to stiffen the chassis and improve handling and safety on a road course, and many of those are just stock items from other Cobra models! - suspension bushings, springs and shocks, brake pads, etc. I could argue it is only lightly modified, but I conceed that the retro-fit of a 2001 independant rear suspension system probably pushes it into Moderately Modified?

Methinks the judges need to look beyond the length of the mod list and look at the mods themselves. I don't have a snowflakes hell in hades in a face off against ANY of the other cars in the heavily modified class, so either someone takes another look at my classification and common sense prevails and I get bumped down a class or two, or I will have to block judged face offs unfortunately - and I'd rather not do that ...

Have to agree with you ......

Actually you should ne the "Road racer" class

I cant believe I am going to ask this question, and get into all this BS. I normally just sit back, read these types of posts and move on with a laugh, but i just gatta ask, because the is NO rime or reason to it. where or how can one find out what qualifies a car to be in a certian category? Modified, Heavily modified, etc. no vague answers either. not who has been, WHAT. and have the specfic qualities been set already?

Stang Girls Race Hard FierceRage's Avatar

I cant believe I am going to ask this question, and get into all this BS. I normally just sit back, read these types of posts and move on with a laugh, but i just gatta ask, because the is NO rime or reason to it. where or how can one find out what qualifies a car to be in a certian category? Modified, Heavily modified, etc. no vague answers either. not who has been, WHAT. and have the specfic qualities been set already?

I would also like to know that. I was put into the Heavily Modified, When I should have been in the Custom Category. I have made my whole car custom there are even pictures that show the stang since the start till now.

sig. done by crimsonblack

sig. done by Nicoleb3x3

sig. done by JonnyMustang

Quote Originally Posted by FierceRage
    I would also like to know that. I was put into the Heavily Modified, When I should have been in the Custom Category. I have made my whole car custom there are even pictures that show the stang since the start till now.

Wouldn't it be an advantage to you if the judges under-ranked you? That being the case you should win all your face-offs right?

PS - I agree with you BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra94
    post bump!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra94
    post bump!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres the answer!
    Stock - nothing done to the car
    Slightly Modified - Some things done to the car - little stuff - Floor mats - tail lights - Painting interior - lowering springs - CAI
    Moderately Modified - More then the average moder - usually includes some more performance stuff - power adder - Plus exterior, Interior - Stereo mods.
    Heavily Modified - Moderately modified to the next level
    Custom - ALOT of custom work done to the car - ALL ASPECTS - Interior Exterior ENGINE and Stereo. Shit you see in a magazine.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Stang Girls Race Hard FierceRage's Avatar

Interior- got it

exterior-got it

stereo-got it

Engine-got it, my engine is not stock. It doesn't have alot of bling or powdercoating but it is not stock.

sig. done by crimsonblack

sig. done by Nicoleb3x3

sig. done by JonnyMustang

Quote Originally Posted by FierceRage
    Interior- got it

exterior-got it

stereo-got it

Engine-got it, my engine is not stock. It doesn't have alot of bling or powdercoating but it is not stock.

That's the only thing I was going to say about yours ..... everything is over the top fantastic ... with the exception of the bay. I think all the ones in that class are somewhat blinged or "built" out. That's all.

Mind you - It's not far off ....

Polish the blower and inlet pipe .... get a canton overflow-polished and you are WELL on your way. Not discounting the car - you know that!
    Last edited by Scott 01Cobra; 02-01-2006 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Stock - nothing done to the car
    Slightly Modified - Some things done to the car - little stuff - Floor mats - tail lights - Painting interior - lowering springs - CAI
    Moderately Modified - More then the average moder - usually includes some more performance stuff - power adder - Plus exterior, Interior - Stereo mods.
    Heavily Modified - Moderately modified to the next level
    Custom - ALOT of custom work done to the car - ALL ASPECTS - Interior Exterior ENGINE and Stereo. Shit you see in a magazine.
    hey thanks J!
    not that I'm complaining (much). My car anit shit to MOST on this site, and i dont mind being under categorized (works to my advantage) but i sure as shit anit a stock anymore. i dont care if my classification changes. I was just baffled on how/who made that choice, not just for me, but others as well. ----suggestion-- I would converse with your judges and make sure they themselves understand the categories too, because right now,,,,,,,well..........

anyway......feedback on this would be great.

http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.php?faceoffid=163

This is for example only!!!! Both of these stangs are amazing in there own way...IMO based on the judges comments Midge lost because she has an 05....maybe we should start classes by year?? That should make it easier...right If I have no chance of winning against a older car in my class that is supposed to be equally modded then what is the point of doing them at all? I am willing to bet none of the judges own an 05....they are a car you must be familiar with to apperciate...there is more there than a pretty face. I feel comfortable in saying that because I have owned at least 1 of every body style that ford produced....1978,1992,1993,1996 (2) 2000 and 2001....I was 2 young to own anything older...but if someone has an extra laying around I'll take it

Judge 1 Midge is a very nice 05/06 model, but it's damn hard to compete against a car that is 13 years old and flawless. I know this isn't much of an explanation, but glowstang needs no explanation. Great job. Picked
    glowstang93

Judge 2 Not really much of a contest here. glowstang93 just has quite a few more mods than Midge.T. I don't know why he's in stock. Maybe moderately modified? Winner - glowstang93. Picked
    glowstang93

Judge 3 A very well kept fox with some mods vs an 05 stang that basically just rolled off the lot. Not a good matchup in my opinion. but since i have to choose....glowstang93 gets it. Picked
    glowstang93

Judge 4 Wow clean 93' that's for sure and nice pictures to prove it as well as midge.t too. The vote is going on the 93 for having a great clean car after all these years and having a few little touches to make it that much better. Nice face off as well! Picked
    glowstang93

Judge 5 Both cars look great. But comparing a brand new car - fresh off the show-room floor to a car 13 years older that has several mods done to it ...... and still in great shape? Pretty tough. Glowstang, you should take on some older cars - I think you know most will side with you based on the age and the quality of it still - (which is fantastic). win = glowstang93 Picked
    glowstang93

My experience with judging is that you can not please everyone all the time. I run at least 5 car shows a year, and some of them over the years have been very high end. Like the modular shootout Car show I use to run in the States where we gave $5000 in cash spread out amongst the winners - that brought out some EXTREMELY high end cars.

Cleanliness has to always be first. The judges here can not look at that here - unless there are some closeups of dirty bays.

It is VERY hard to judge an older car to a newer car if they are in the same class. If you were to drive your 93 mustang over to a dealer and judge it against the mustang in the window which would YOU pick?

A show is about cleanliness and condition. Condition gets less points directed to a brand new car, simply because it is brand spankin new - but it gets high points on an older car. That's why the one you posted (blnpony05) won the way he did ..... just guessing, but I know I would have done the same if I were ever asked to judge those 2 cars. Mods are bonus points on top.

I have people complain to me at shows all the time. Even people that win trophys complain to me because they wanted a different one. I mean REALLY!!!! One guy last year was actually pissed because he won a trophy titled "Cleanest Car". I am 100% serious.

To make everone here happy I think J would need to create about 20 categories of cars. But then some categories would be SO empty they wouldn't have anyone to challenge - and that's no fun.

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

ok i'm having a hard time understanding this....and this ISNT diss against glowstang..but a perfect example of why we need to rethink this judged face off thing.this is a face off between two cars not how the website is laid out,this is what the judges said....tough choice for me. Reefe93 stang is nice, and a nice list of mods...just please put them in a list format rather than a paragraph. glowstang93's ride is just super clean...and the site is better layed out. glowstang gets my vote... Picked
    glowstang93

Glowstang - I appreciate you following my advice and taking on an older car. Gee wiz, could you have taken on anything closer to yours? - lolol. Wow is this hard. Both are beautiful - both have several great mods but not a ton of mods. Very fair match up. Both exteriors are perfect - interior I'll give to glow - simply because of more pics - and the stereo work done. Engine on the other hand I'm going with Reef. Glow you should consider replacing your hood blanket .... Going to give the edge here to the site that I think is a little better which is glowstang. More pics and layout out a little clearer. I'd like you BOTH to list your mods in LIST format. Win = glowstang93 .............so taking this into consideration how does the way a website is "laid out better" come into play when you are judging a car???????the judging should be on the car and its attributes not in "how well the site is laid out" this faceoff doesnt say anything about websites??? and before the name calling starts and everybody gets their shit in a knot,if someone can explain this so i can understand i'll apologize and not say anything else about it.both votes went to a car that won because of the site not the car...
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

I think they are referring to more pics showing all aspects of the car... not website 'layout'

I agree with him, it was overall car not website. When car show judging goes on there are classifications for best gt, best daily driver, best "website", and so on ,,In my opinion the only one that should be determined by website layout would be the one that said best website not best overall car.
    Thats just my .02
    Last edited by REEF93; 02-02-2006 at 10:02 PM.

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J
    I think they are referring to more pics showing all aspects of the car... not website 'layout'
    then they should say that...the way that it is written directly says because of the site..they picked glowstang.... quote"and the site is better layed out. glowstang gets my vote" quote"More pics and layout out a little clearer. I'd like you BOTH to list your mods in LIST format. Win = glowstang93 "
    Last edited by lxexpress; 02-02-2006 at 10:30 PM.
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Gotstang? Addict

Hey, If we choose not to put a wager on a judged Face-off does it count aginst your winning streak? I had a winning streak of 17, I could bet 850 points! Tonight I saw that CDog and Sublime had a faceoff and I didnt bet on it b/c I didn't see it for some reason. Now I can only bet 10 points and my current winning streak is 0, this sucks. I would have bet on it if I had known. Oh well, now I have a goal of beating my old record. Also, if we are in a Judged Face-off does it count aginst our winning streak or whatever if we lose or win?

Gotstang? Addict

One more Question. Has anyone else been removed from the list of cars able to compete in the JFO? I was classified as Moderate and was on the list for a while and now I don't see myself on the list. My profile still says I'm classified as Moderate. I have not been challenged nor have I challenged anyone, I enjoy wagering more, but have I not been challenged b/c no one knows i'm able to compete? I asked J but he never got back to me. Any one else with this problem?

Did you lose a face-off recently? The streaks are calculated after each face-off is judged. So if an older face-off that you wagered on awhile back just got judged recently and you lost.. it would affect your streak.

Go here to check your face-offs in chronological order on how they were judged.

http://www.gotstang.com/wagerchecker.php

http://www.gotstang.com/profile.php?01fr500&info=1#jump

On the right hand side column it says CAR CLASS:

Hope this helps.

Gotstang? Addict

Ohh ok, I see about my wager record now, It was Jamessocal and Drkhorse that I lost, I have no idea why I didn't know I lost thoes points. Probably deleted the message without reading it good. Thanks J.

Quote Originally Posted by 01FR500
    Ohh ok, I see about my wager record now, It was Jamessocal and Drkhorse that I lost, I have no idea why I didn't know I lost thoes points. Probably deleted the message without reading it good. Thanks J.
    actually there was a problem with guestbook entries for a day

Is ANYONE going to give an answer to my classification question? http://forums.gotstang.com/showthrea...3738#post63738 I mean this classification thing is getting out of hand. First of all I would like to say is I never asked to be classified, when I looked at the new JFOs I saw I had alredy been Classified as Moderately Modified. Why is mine Moderate? Just because I did a AOD to T-5 swap? It's not like I put a T-56 in it, T-5s came stock in these cars. Mine just happened to come with an AOD and I changed it. And now I look at the list and see this one in the same category.

Interior

Auto Meter gauge pod w/ Oil Pressure and Water Temp Auto Meter "Phantom Series" gauges
    Custom painted interior pieces
    Katzkin custom leather seats
    Mac white face gauges
    MGW LTD chrome interior accents
    White LEDs used in door panels

Exterior

House of Kolor Kandy Magenta flames with Orion Silver tips hand outlined in teal
    Dayton Imports Vertical Doors
    2001 Mustang GT hood scoop
    2001 Mustang GT side scoops
    Bullit Mustang fuel door
    Fiberglass Challenger bumper
    Custom Clear Corners
    Muth Signal Mirrors
    Sequential Tail Lights
    Tinted Windows
    Underbody Neon Kit (purple)
    Vinyl Bumper Inserts
    Whelen Four Strobe Kit
    Eibach Sportline Lowering Kit
    17x9 Chrome Cobra R's

Multimedia

5" LCDs in front visors
    7" widescreen LCD in trunk lid
    Alpine CVA-1006 head unit
    Alpine CHA-S614 6-disc changer
    Custom trunk enclosure with plexiglass flame accents and Mustang Pony backlit with purple neon
    JL Audio 500.1 monoblock amp (subs)
    Kicker Impluse 40x4 amp (highs)
    Kicker Solobarics (10" x2)
    Lanzar DVD-97 DVD player

Engine/Performance

Mac Cold Air Induction
    ASP Underdrive Pulley
    Chrome alternator
    Chrome overflow bottle
    Chrome power steering neck cover
    Chrome strut tower caps
    MGW LTD billit chrome dipstick handle
    MGW LTD billit chrome oil cap
    Polished fuse block cover
    Polished upper radiator hose
    3.73 Gears w/ T-Lok
    Transgo Shift Kit
    Custom dual exhaust with Holley Flowtech Warlock mufflers w/ 2.5" exhaust bypass
    JBA Shorty Cat4ward headers
    McCord Power Plates (electronic exhaust cutouts)

How am I supposed to compete with this? My 92 has 98% stock exterior and 95% stock interior, but I'm "moderately modified". I don't expect to win every JFO, but I would like to have a chance. Like I have said before ther are Stangs with equal mods to mine in the lower class..........WHY?

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Thread Information