Quote Originally Posted by trey3.8
To prove a point!

Chronologically, it's my understanding, Scott, that classes were created some time last night and judged competition was put on hold AFTER I had done my first judged face-off, so I don't really see your point.

And as far as who I challenged: I challenged a person who BEAT me, no whooped me in the regular face-off..by 16 votes! The fact that you and the judges are concerned about this just simply proves my point (it's just a shame that many of you are finally admitting it) that the regular face-offs a.k.a. buddy systems are horribly unfairly and bogus. So if I had to prove that, so be it. It hasn't been about the cars for a long time but how many friends you have, that's why I refuse to do them anymore...and I STILL get people I don't know PM'ing me asking for votes.

I have a strong sense of fair play and competition, Scott. So is it really fair for anyone whose car just rocks and who has invested mucho bucks (that goes for your as well) to take a loss by a lightly modified or stock car and have it indellibly inked on his or her record? Again, is it wrong to want a rematch with a person who initially challenged you, polliticked for votes (if this is the case-obviously the judges think so or they wouldn't be rebuking me), and now as a result you have a loss on your record cause someone couldn't play fairly? Why not take the loss off our records? And that goes for everyone who has suffered the same fate.

I've been around here for a while, and this is one of the main reasons I stay away . So I hope you understand my logic, Scott. If you want to see "fair" competition, go after the people who have recklessly abused the system. Wipe out face-off records and start over. But there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to clear my car's reputation. And as long as that loophole exists, I don't see a problem with it. I've been to plenty of real-time car shows in competition, as I'm sure you have. And the rules differ vastly. When you compete in a "Ford Mustang" class, for example, all sorts of Mustangs roll in. The sponsor of the event usually has a limited budget and decides beforehand what the classes will be, even before the cars enter. Sometimes they'll split it out. But the judges here have a unique opportunity. They are not limited by fixed budgets. They can create all the classes they want. If the judges on this site take offense to the way things currently are (they created the system, not us) then change it! Don't assume everyone thinks the same way you do. And certainly don't lambast us when you haven't clarified your own policies. Start by defining what best "overall" car means.

When people see my record, I want them to know that when it was compiled correctly, I beat so-and-so person or I lost. I just don't see anything wrong with wanting things to be done honorably.

So if you're worried about who me or anyone else will compete against, get those classes right. As for me, I'll take on anyone if it's done fairly. Put me in the custom class. Put me in any class you want. I'm not being belligerent, just looking at this logically, and being a little forceful. I hope you can appreciate my honesty. Thanks for listening.

trey3.8
Bravo nicely said!!!