gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Default Electrical Issues Still

About a month ago, I started having electrical issues. It started out with the charging system, I thought it might have been the underdrive pulleys but I'm just not sure. With the heater controls on at any position, the voltage meter is in the dirt and in some cases the radio and lights have even shut off on me. Since I took the quick disconnect off of the negative battery cable the dimming lights and the radio issue has gone away but the meter is still buried. When I shut the heater down I go back to normal. Then On my way back home the other night my sister told I had no rear parking lights or license plate lamps. I checked all the bulbs and all the connections and all the wiring in the trunk. All was good. The fuse that protects it also protects the instrument and front parking lamps and those are running no problem. Any clues this is getting old really quick.
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

Gotstang? Newbie!

This is not a problem from your pullies ( unless it is the wrong set ). Check your chassis ground from the block as well as all major electrical grounds. Check your master set of fuses. All light systems actually have two fuses. Those in the engine bay, and those under the dash. If all those check out and your alternator is functioning properly I would then check and see what happens when you change out ECM's. You might have a short there. Let me know what you come up with.
    Last edited by Wrench; 01-19-2006 at 01:11 PM.

I'll leave u in the dust

I had a problem liek that aslo on my fox i foudn out it was a bad ground and now its works good. check out your grounds see if there secure.

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

I had a similar problem and it turned out the alternator was bad, but for some reason when they checked it it said the alternator was working fine. But when u mash down on the throttle and your lights die i dont think its working fine.....that was my experience

Ground is the most common source. With the heater motor/fan running you drawing a load of current higher then any light will. Make sure the ground connection is cleant no paint or rust on it.
    2K Stg2 Roush Vert S/C 430/440
    I am not a Psycho...But I play one on a PC!

Legendary:
    It's like if a cobra and a saleen had a kid, it grew up, and kicked the sh*t out of it's parents, this is what it would look like.

Damn, My 1st post in many months. As for your rear parking lights, We'll have to go threw the wiring with a meter and an induction probe. It’s not an alternator problem if the battery itself cant power the rear parking lights. however the alt maybe F'd up. In simple you got a wiring prob (duh), not some mysterious little electrical bug. We’ll find it. When I get back to town we'll tear into it. If it were a main grounding problem nothing would work well. You can’t visually inspect wiring, copper can separate even when the insulation looks good. (think of your favorite faulty PS2 controller, or the power cable of a old laptop). Although Roush2960 and fastest302 are right, verify the main ground that could explain the other problems. that may explain why your batt doesnt charge correctly. As for the rear taillights, we'll take it point to point. Remember when u told me about your rear parking lamps, I asked u to check to see if the lic plate lights were working. I already kinda figured they weren't. That tells me it’s an easy fix. see ya in a week bro. later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra94
    Damn, My 1st post in many months. As for your rear parking lights, We'll have to go threw the wiring with a meter and an induction probe. It’s not an alternator problem if the battery itself cant power the rear parking lights. however the alt maybe F'd up. In simple you got a wiring prob (duh), not some mysterious little electrical bug. We’ll find it. When I get back to town we'll tear into it. If it were a main grounding problem nothing would work well. You can’t visually inspect wiring, copper can separate even when the insulation looks good. (think of your favorite faulty PS2 controller, or the power cable of a old laptop). Although Roush2960 and fastest302 are right, verify the main ground that could explain the other problems. that may explain why your batt doesnt charge correctly. As for the rear taillights, we'll take it point to point. Remember when u told me about your rear parking lamps, I asked u to check to see if the lic plate lights were working. I already kinda figured they weren't. That tells me it’s an easy fix. see ya in a week bro. later.

Holy F look who I woke up. The sleepin lion. Yea well get your ass back, I don't wanna deal with the cops on my own cuz I don't have tail lights . Anyway I think the charging thing is o.k. now I haven't had to yell at any spanish speaking inpatient fucks lately.We're goign to need to hook up as soon as you get back. Later bitch

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

Default 93ramverts car needed a BYpass this weekend!!!!!

So, If any one gives a ! Tom (93ramvert) and I fixed his electrical issue w/ the rear tail lamps not lighting. As i thought, it was a simple broken wire, right at the connector found inside by the drivers side foot well. what i was wondering was, how a connector that does not get moved or touched could break? We did see some "heating" on the connector itself, but not enough to melt the connector or the insulation on the wire. After a quick Bypass of the faulty wire, the lights were working great once again.
    Last edited by Cobra94; 01-31-2006 at 03:11 PM.

So, If any one gives a ! Tom (93ramvert) and I fixed his electrical issue w/ the rear tail lamps not lighting. As i thought, it was a simple broken wire, right at the connector found inside by the drivers side foot well. what i was wondering was, how a connector that does not get moved or touched could break? We did see some "heating" on the connector itself, but not enough to melt the connector or the insulation on the wire. After a quick Bypass of the faulty wire, the lights were working great once again.

Personnaly I think Dan F'd me over back when he put my fog lights in. I think he broke the wire so I'd get pulled over and ticketed.

Yes they are working great again.

I did however have problems with charging agian after the lights were fixed. Tied together perhaps.

Glad to see you got the lights working again! As for charging, have you check ed the battery, alt, and wire(s) leading to the alt. My mom had a camaro that kept going through alt's left and right, come to find out it was the wire going to the alt. Just my .02!

2001 Bullitt
    DHG
    O/R X-pipe, Optima Red Top Battery, Fog Lights

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    Personnaly I think Dan F'd me over back when he put my fog lights in. I think he broke the wire so I'd get pulled over and ticketed.

Yes they are working great again.

I did however have problems with charging agian after the lights were fixed. Tied together perhaps.
    SSSHHHH, dont tell 93, but thats exactly what I did. lets see if he can figure out why the bat wont charge.

SSSHHHH, dont tell 93, but thats exactly what I did. lets see if he can figure out why the bat wont charge.

UMMMMMMMMM Lick my ass

Thread Information