gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Gotstang? Moderator

Default Judges Need to Pay Attention to Titles

I was just checking through the comments by the judges and came across one post that was disturbing. The title of the face off was 'Best Blue Paint'.

One of the judges used the interior and engine photos to help make their decision on the winner.

If the face-off is strictly titled about the cars "PAINT" shouldn't the exterior paint be the only thing used to judge that particular face-off? I believe it is. It wasn't titled best overall car.

Gotstang? Regular

The only face off I see mentioning blue was this one-http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.php?faceoffid=11 which was best blue colored. I wouldn't take that as paint only, but as best overall blue colored stang....Is there one I missed?

I took it the same way that Tim did...blue paint

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by electricgreen
    The only face off I see mentioning blue was this one-http://www.gotstang.com/jfaceoffs.php?faceoffid=11 which was best blue colored. I wouldn't take that as paint only, but as best overall blue colored stang....Is there one I missed?
    i think they were saying they were blue cars ,and i dont see anything in the title that says "paint". there is one up now for 2 yellow foxes, does that mean they vote on the yellow paint? i just looked through the face-offs and i only seen one that has"paint" listed in the title and that was a couple of 05's, and reading the judges comments ,thats what they judged on. good job to them

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

well it sed best blue colored...maybe the title should be more specific....it's a learnig curve....

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

Default face offs

Quote Originally Posted by coopdog21
    i think they were saying they were blue cars ,and i dont see anything in the title that says "paint". there is one up now for 2 yellow foxes, does that mean they vote on the yellow paint? i just looked through the face-offs and i only seen one that has"paint" listed in the title and that was a couple of 05's, and reading the judges comments ,thats what they judged on. good job to them
    that face off with the yellow foxes is gone...........
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by blnpony05
    well it sed best blue colored...maybe the title should be more specific....it's a learnig curve....
    i agree

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Gotstang? Moderator

It says Best Blue Colored. It doesn't say "overall" anywhere as the others do. I took it at face value and the judges should too. The first two did vote on best paint. (shrug)

Gotstang? Regular

I think it falls on the challenger to make sure the way they name the face off isn't to vague. If I wanted to challenge someone based on paint, I would make sure that was in my title (like "best green paint"); if I wanted to challenge someone based on every aspect of each car, I would make sure the title reflected that (Best overall Green stang). I think a vague title just makes it harder for everyone,since the judges have to figure out what was meant by the title-and that could mean three different interpritations.

I also hope challengers try to find a comparable car when they challenge. I mean, if someone challanged me for best mods or something, it would be an easy win, since until I get my headlights in, and taillights wired, I have 0 mods.
    Last edited by electricgreen; 01-07-2006 at 06:30 PM.

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by electricgreen
    I think it falls on the challenger to make sure the way they name the face off isn't to vague. If I wanted to challenge someone based on paint, I would make sure that was in my title (like "best green paint"); if I wanted to challenge someone based on every aspect of each car, I would make sure the title reflected that (Best overall Green stang). I think a vague title just makes it harder for everyone,since the judges have to figure out what was meant by the title-and that could mean three different interpritations.

I also hope challengers try to find a comparable car when they challenge. I mean, if someone challanged me for best mods or something, it would be an easy win, since until I get my headlights in, and taillights wired, I have 0 mods.
    very well said! your car is very nice though mods or not

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Gotstang? Regular

very well said! your car is very nice though mods or not

Thanks!! Yours isnt half bad either My car's proud to share the v6 calender page with all the awesome modded sixers that were also picked Might make her look a little plain though. Kinda cool in a way though-like a before & after

Gotstang? Moderator

Actually as a judge, I would not vote for a car with mods that challenged a car with none. That is somehting else a judge should take note of - a fair challenge.

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonblack
    Actually as a judge, I would not vote for a car with mods that challenged a car with none. That is somehting else a judge should take note of - a fair challenge.
    i disagree. just because a car has mods doesnt make it a better car. i think the overall appreance and cleanliness should be taken into consideration . if you have alot of mods ,and your car is spotless , than i can see where they have an edge, but like you said it is the internet and having the right pictures on your site is key.

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Personally I dont think mods matter, I was challanged by a beautiful orange colored notch with wheels that was completely stock and I lost,my car has extremely nice paint and mods and the interior is immaculate, so I decided to challange him to a judged faceoff to see what would happen, same result, so in my experience mods obviously dont matter oh well

Gotstang? Regular

I agree, there should be some way for judges or J to reject a completely unfair challenge-or offer the option for the opponent to deny the challenge...

Why should judges or J have to reject any face off? I have never complained about anyone who challanged me or have I had complaints about me challanging them .Was challanged by onebad95 and took the challange knowing I would lose..Its all for fun but at least in a judged face off it is alot more fair..They made this system to make face offs more fair unlike the regular face off that people say was unfair due to friends voting for friends..I agree that there was alot of unfair face offs due to the buddy system..This seems to be going smooth so leave it like it is for now I say..as for the best blue face off could have gone either way paint or overall people making a challange need to be clear what the face off is ..best car ,best paint ,better mods whatever..the judges can only go by what they read for title..I took it as best blue overall but again my opinion..

Gotstang? Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by REEF93
    Personally I dont think mods matter, I was challanged by a beautiful orange colored notch with wheels that was completely stock and I lost,my car has extremely nice paint and mods and the interior is immaculate, so I decided to challange him to a judged faceoff to see what would happen, same result, so in my experience mods obviously dont matter oh well
    I think your missing the point Reef. You may have the better car, but does it show up on your website? Are the areas of the car broken down into pages? (beauty shots, Interior, Exterior, Mod List, etc.) Are there multiple shots of the interior, engine compartment and of the car? Is the site laid out to be pleasant to the eye? Is it organized? All this plays into a face-off.

You can have the nicest car, but if your GS website is cluttered, pictures just thrown up there and pictures that don't show off the car you won't win a face-off. It has to be a complete package.

Gotstang? Regular

I think your missing the point Reef. You may have the better car, but does it show up on your website? Are the areas of the car broken down into pages? (beauty shots, Interior, Exterior, Mod List, etc.) Are there multiple shots of the interior, engine compartment and of the car? Is the site laid out to be pleasant to the eye? Is it organized? All this plays into a face-off.

You can have the nicest car, but if your GS website is cluttered, pictures just thrown up there and pictures that don't show off the car you won't win a face-off. It has to be a complete package.
    you make a great point. the bad thing is it looks like some people may be taking advantage of people with limited pics on thier site. there is one guy who challenged someone with one pic on thier site. imo thats bad sportsmanship

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Gotstang? Moderator

The person with just the one picture should not have accepted the face-off challenge either. And you're right Coopdog, it is bad sportsmanship on the part of person making the challenge to begin with. Unfortunately that is the way some people are. It's something the judges should not vote on and the face-off thrown out. Maybe points deducted from the person making the challenge.

Gotstang? Regular

The person with just the one picture should not have accepted the face-off challenge either. And you're right Coopdog, it is bad sportsmanship on the part of person making the challenge to begin with. Unfortunately that is the way some people are. It's something the judges should not vote on and the face-off thrown out. Maybe points deducted from the person making the challenge.
    thats really not a bad idea what do you think j? is this possible?

passin with gas!
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Well guys is all about winning here ?
    I`m here well love Mustangs for 1 and all the nice cars here , wounderful

all i can say ..Sweet
    We are all winners .........
    in the eyes of the beholder

Just for fun no hurt feeling

you make a great point. the bad thing is it looks like some people may be taking advantage of people with limited pics on thier site. there is one guy who challenged someone with one pic on thier site. imo thats bad sportsmanship

I agree 100%! The guy shouldn't have even challeged the other member, That's just wrong! But, He's just going after the ones who he knows doesn't have a chance against him! That's a BIG NO NO!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information