Louisville Kentucky United States of America

Talking Motion to add

Joe Friday as the V8 forum moderator
    Imports: When Old School means 1991

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

We need someone to second that...

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

thats all it takes? LOL Well i will second that.
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

NO NO...Thump for V8 mod

232stang as v6 forum moderator
    i already gave the forum a great tq converter write up, the only reason i have it redirecting to another forum is because once in a while i read it over and edit it, and i dont want to have to re-edit it in every forum, every time i notice i misspelled a word or wrote something wrong
    Last edited by 232stang; 12-11-2004 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday
    Joe Friday as the V8 forum moderator
    i second that

both joe and i as mods

Do you turn your own wrenches? That oughta be a qualifier...if so, I'd second you both.

I'm a mustang MAN therefore yes I do every install, maintenance, and upgrade my self, Unless, I do not have the proper equipment. IE Gear install

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

I'm a mustang MAN therefore yes I do every install, maintenance, and upgrade my self, Unless, I do not have the proper equipment. IE Gear install
    werd, preach on bratha, im waiting to get a engine hoist so i can swap my k-member

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyb0y3
    werd, preach on bratha, im waiting to get a engine hoist so i can swap my k-member
    If you're just going to swap the k member, then you wont really need an engine hoist. You can support the motor with a jack if that’s what your going to do, that is unless you plan on pulling the motor to have something done to it. Here is an article with detailed step by step removal and installation of a K member on 96-04 mustangs, it's for a long tube install but should work for a k member swap

Click Me

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

If you're just going to swap the k member, then you wont really need an engine hoist. You can support the motor with a jack if that’s what your going to do, that is unless you plan on pulling the motor to have something done to it. Here is an article with detailed step by step removal and installation of a K member on 96-04 mustangs, it's for a long tube install but should work for a k member swap

Click Me
    interesting info, i might look into this, thanks for the heads up man

Safety first, an engine hoist is the safest way to get it done.

So I guess that makes the three of us so far? Not having the correct equipment doesn't defer the job to a shop, it's an excuse to buy the right equipment

the only thing i havent done myself on my car was the gear install...i've done everything else, from my nitrous install, to heads/cam/intake manifold, to doing my shocks, struts, springs, control arms, cc plates, and everything else in between...i.e. exhaust, headers, tb, etc, but any monkey with a wrench can do that

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlo5.0
    Not having the correct equipment doesn't defer the job to a shop, it's an excuse to buy the right equipment
    i agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by thumpin347
    the only thing i havent done myself on my car was the gear install...i've done everything else, from my nitrous install, to heads/cam/intake manifold, to doing my shocks, struts, springs, control arms, cc plates, and everything else in between...i.e. exhaust, headers, tb, etc, but any monkey with a wrench can do that
    I built my 347, and the car it resides in, not to mention the car from which it all came. Maybe I'll detail it on my website...Heck, I'm an electronics nut too, I built my amps from from the printed circuit board up, nothing is too difficult, too easy, too large, or too small. That's sounds too much like bragging when you read it, but I's just lettin you know where I'm coming from with my comments.

I can appreciate folks who at least try to do it on their own. I don't feel too much love for those who pick out pretty parts from a catalog and pay the shop to install it all for them. I'd feel differently I'm sure if I wasn't able to find the working end of a ratchet. To each their own I guess.

So, do we have some new V8 mods?

I built my 347, and the car it resides in, not to mention the car from which it all came. Maybe I'll detail it on my website...Heck, I'm an electronics nut too, I built my amps from from the printed circuit board up, nothing is too difficult, too easy, too large, or too small. That's sounds too much like bragging when you read it, but I's just lettin you know where I'm coming from with my comments.
    man i hate electronics so much, but that is badass if you can do it yourself

we should, you guys both seem very qualified

and i should be v6 forum mod

I can appreciate folks who at least try to do it on their own. I don't feel too much love for those who pick out pretty parts from a catalog and pay the shop to install it all for them. I'd feel differently I'm sure if I wasn't able to find the working end of a ratchet. To each their own I guess.

i cant stand check writers. there are times i'm at the track, and my buddy and i drive to the track an hour and a half. anyway, while a long cool down with bags of ice, we usually walk by, and talk to the other guys. i'd say 25% of them have someone wrenching on a car that was transported by a trailer. all basic 12 second street cars. i always see guys messing with timing, and OBD programmers, so we'll walk up and be like, "nice car", the guy working on it would say, "oh this isnt mine, its actually that guy's over there." HA, i lose all sorts of respect for them and their cars. and there are usually a handful of these guys.

anyway, i'm going with a stroker set up in the next year. probably a 331. i'm just debating on going with a mail order from DSS, or to actually tear down the stock block, and throw in the rotating assembly. it all comes down to machining costs, and whether i really need to go with an absolute bullet proof bottom end. i've been tossing ideas around for a sweet NA combo revving past 7k, or upgrading my wet kit to a direct port setup, or boosting it through a D1, or something with a T-66 thumper.

what rotating assembly are you running? can you tell me a bit more about your set up?

heres my basic motor set up:

its a stock block 302. the heads are trick flow TW heads that i had ported to 1262 on the intake ports, with a 3 angle valve job, exhaust ports were polished and ported a lil bit. the springs are comp cams triple springs for up to .650 lift. basically i outfitted these heads to go on a stroker but couldnt come up with what was needed for a decent rotating assembly and a bare block i could have bored while keeping my car driveable.

the intake manifold is a performer rpm, with the entire runner lengths ported and polished to a 1262 on the lower and the upper has been worked but not as extensively as the lower. i also have 3 cams sitting in my garage. one of them is in the motor right now, comp cams xe270, and the other 2 are xe274 and xe282.

everything on my current 302 will be moved to the future 331 or 347, and my goals are 350-375 to the wheels N/A. 11:1 compression, maybe 11.5:1 with a direct port 150 shot. i still have to consider whether the CR is too high. i've been told that with the proper rotating assembly, compression ratio shouldnt be much of a factor in something as little as a 150 shot. what are your thoughts on this combo? the tranny running the car is a lentech built street terminator plus, with 2800stall. decent tranny, i may go with a freshen up with upgraded shafts and stuff, a 3200 stall and transbrake, before the motor is dropped in. my friend has a jerico 4 speed with less than 500 miles on it that i'm considering.

Gotstang? Regular thunderbolt64's Avatar

It's definitely more fun, when ya tear one all the way down, then put it back together. I took so many rolls of film this last time, just to document everything. Right now, I'm helping a buddy with his project. I hope to get a '67 Mustang Coupe for my wife in a year or so, and do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt64
    It's definitely more fun, when ya tear one all the way down, then put it back together. I took so many rolls of film this last time, just to document everything. Right now, I'm helping a buddy with his project. I hope to get a '67 Mustang Coupe for my wife in a year or so, and do it again.
    it would be my first time tearing it down to a bare block and re-assembling one. i was thinking that i could go mail order, and throw my stuff on that, and with the stock shortblock, i could tear that down, send it out for hot tank and a machining, and slowly build up a 306 shortblock with a stock forged crank, and decent forged rods and pistons, and stuff the xe270 in there, and sell it off for the experience.

V6 Guru

mysteed as the V6 forum moderator and Joe Friday as the V8 mod!
    1994 v6- Project car
    1997 v6- M112'd, SSM 2+ powerpack- In process of being a track car
    1998 GT- Daily Driver
    2001 GT- Vortech supercharged plus a few bolton's
    Sponsors for the 97 V6:
    VMP Tuning
    Super Six Motorsports
    Autobadges.com

Quote Originally Posted by mysteed
    mysteed as the V6 forum moderator and Joe Friday as the V8 mod!
    232stang and mysteed for v6 forum moderator

V6 Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 232stang
    232stang and mysteed for v6 forum moderator
    yeah. 232stang and mysteed as V6 forum mods
    1994 v6- Project car
    1997 v6- M112'd, SSM 2+ powerpack- In process of being a track car
    1998 GT- Daily Driver
    2001 GT- Vortech supercharged plus a few bolton's
    Sponsors for the 97 V6:
    VMP Tuning
    Super Six Motorsports
    Autobadges.com

laughing my ass off everyone is asking to be a mod. i guess joe friday can take V8 mod, i dont think i have the time to be a mod on here, and i'm too opinionated, and might offend people, and then become the mod nobody likes

Thread Information