gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: SCREW GEICO!!!!

Default SCREW GEICO!!!!

Well i got a call this morning and was informed by geico that due to the fact that i have too many mods on my car they are no longer going to be able to cover my car. They said the same thing about my jeep due to the lift and other items on it. They found out about the mods because i took the car to the paint shop to get it wet sanded before i put it away for the winter i am guessing that is how they found out, they all of a sudden said that my car has over 15k in mods (I guess they valued the paint really high) so they can not cover it. i am not sure how they came up with this figure but not sure what to do now!! They said that if i were to wreck my car and i did not tell them about the mods they would not cover any bit of the damages. HELP!!
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Gotstang? Regular

that my freind is how they will kill the car hobby. soon all insurance companys will no longer cover modified cars and trucks. you will have to go to specialty insurance companys.

WOW!! That really sux bro...I have been with Gieco for 7 almost 8 years now...I hope they dont find out about mine...DEfinately agree with above poster...Modded cars will have to have special insurance that will prolly be double if not triple the usual price...

I'll leave u in the dust

try different companys and see what they say

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

I am looking around for diffrent places. I have never had a wreck and never had a ticket so that is good. But still can not find a decent price on insurance. Hell i know that i am not going to get my money back for my mods if i crash. They will just cut me a check for like 5 grand tell me that is what it is worth and they will tell me they can not cover anythig but stock parts. I am find with that but why is it that they use the excuse that i have too much done to my car for them to cover me. What i want to know is how they know about the mods on my car. I never told them i had anythign done, They know everything.

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

I'll leave u in the dust

they always have there ways. u should call them up and ask them. but they shouldnt do that to you.

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

That really sucks, it's going to start to be where you have to have special insurance for our rides, like those antique deals. Hope you find someone else soon.

Sig By: Mustangfreak123

V6 Guru

That sucks man. I hope that you can find someone else that is reasonably priced.
    1994 v6- Project car
    1997 v6- M112'd, SSM 2+ powerpack- In process of being a track car
    1998 GT- Daily Driver
    2001 GT- Vortech supercharged plus a few bolton's
    Sponsors for the 97 V6:
    VMP Tuning
    Super Six Motorsports
    Autobadges.com

What places do you guys use?

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

I have USAA, and have had no problems with them. You can only get their coverage if you or a family member is in the military or have just got out in a certain time frame. Had State Farm before and dropped them when they started making us bring our cars to them so they could look at them before they covered it.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

Sam's 03 Terminater

Maybe your insurance adjuster is on Got Stang lol That would explain the knowledge of your mods.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

Quote Originally Posted by yosemiddysam
    Maybe your insurance adjuster is on Got Stang lol That would explain the knowledge of your mods.
    or maybe a rep saw the gotstang decal on your car and then saw your web site.

Ryan
    http://coolornaments.gotstang.com/ www.mustangwomen.com

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

I have INA Insurance and am covered for $30,000 on my Mach and only pay $ 722.24 a year. They classify the Mach as a Limited Edition Stang. I have some aftermarket coverage but not sure how much exactly. But it also isn't a daily driver, I use it mostly for Shows.
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

INA what is that? I do not drive my stang much at all maybe once every two weeks

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by My Cobra
    INA what is that? I do not drive my stang much at all maybe once every two weeks
    INA = Insurance Group of North America also they are ACE insurance if you want the phone # let me know, I'm not sure if they do Mass Production Stangs as Cobra's but wouldn't hurt to find out. They were the cheapest I could find. Since its not a Daily Driver, I didn't want to pay high premiums.
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Mass production stangs as cobras? What is that number?

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Gotstang? Newbie!

i have state farm and only have one ticket since ive been driving. i only pay 450 ever 6 monthes for full coverage on everything. i dont have many mods that would do anything but they still cover it and its not a bad price.

Gotstang? Regular

I have All State for my trucks and Hagerty for the Roush. Hagerty goes by an agreed upon value, you just have to keep it in a garage, not use it as a daily driver.

hmmm i do not drive mine much but i hate to know that the insraunce place tells me i can not drive it but a 10 miles a year.

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Allstate covers my car...but only book value

once my 5.0 swap is done, I'm may need to change insurance companies- or check with allstate for a special policy to cover the actual value (well, money value anyway)
    I heard some insurance companies will consider an apprasial and insure your car based on this appraisal.

more of problem for me, since my 93 2.3 is about $3k last I looked!!! Which doesn't cover it.. but my insurance is really cheap for now.

Quote Originally Posted by My Cobra
    Mass production stangs as cobras? What is that number?
    Here's the number of my insurance co. 1-800-633-5553... not sure if they cover Cobra's though but won't hurt to find out. They are very reasonable.

POSSE MOTTO:

Try Safeco.com I have been happy with them so far but i don't know if they will cover any mods..i don't have enough to worry about that yet. I pay 1400.00 a year for my stang but I have speeding tickets and the hubby has a couple also.

Thread Information