gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Awesome!
    402 RWHP / 391 RWTQ ( @ sporked 11.5:1 A/F ) - Naturally Aspirated
    408ci Scat stroker / AFR 205 heads / Crower Mech. Roller cam / Edelbrock Victor Jr intake / Holley 750 DP
    Richmond 5 speed / Mark Williams 35 spline axles / MW solid spool / 3.00:1 gears
    '02 Mustang GT wheels / Pirelli P-Zero Nero 275x40x17 R - 235x45x17 F

Sounds like a fun new feature!! Can't wait to see the face-offs!! will there be a certain amount of points to the winner?

i think there should be a rule; loosers who bitch are perma ban from gs!! that would solve some isues.

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Yes, these new face-offs will be for the more 'Serious Competitors'.
    great idea j i will certainly get involved again in the face -offs if this works out !

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Regular

I'm all for this new set-up

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default good job guys

sounds like a killer plan to me. will we have any say so if we are challenged?

Just one question.... since I wouldn't concider any of my Mustangs as a "serious competitor", nor am I inclined to be one, can we opt out of this new face off gig without opting out of all challenges?

All my rides are daily drivers/track cars - nothing built strictly for show. What I'm getting to is like say a guy/gal with a beatup tub of a stang that has Fooze rims challenges one of my cars for best rims. Obviously I would loose, even though I have nice rims... and an overall much better ride. I'm just not too keen on a format that allows a lesser car to concentrate on one aspect of his ride, challenge me without having the opportunity to decline, and then win that face off based souly on that one aspect.

Most every ride here has certain aspects of their car that needs improvement - and to institute a new format that allows peeps to pick it apart by challenging it's weakest attibute seems a little short sighted.
    Last edited by SAVGE 89; 12-16-2005 at 05:13 AM.

2001 Zinc Yellow Cobra - BADSN8K
    (many mods - Procharger, built live axel, ect.)
    458.0 RWHP - 411.0 RWTQ

2003 Dark Shadow Gray Cobra
    Amazon Racing CAI - Borla S Cat back - SCT tune
    413.6 RWHP - 396.0 RWTQ

1989 Black Mustang GT - the Savage
    306, aluminum heads, lighten
    crank,sportsman rods, forged 10.5:1
    comp pistons, & all the other bolt ons.
    278.3 RWHP - 300.4 RWTQ

Gotstang? Regular MdniteMustang00's Avatar

sounds like a great addition to the site!
    Becca - 2000 GT - 12.94@104mp
    Black Mustang Club

Quote Originally Posted by SAVGE 89
    I'm just not too keen on a format that allows a lesser car to concentrate on one aspect of his ride, challenge me without having the opportunity to decline, and then win that face off based souly on that one aspect.
    I have never participated in the current faceoffs ( too new ) but are you stating that with the current system, I can't decline a faceoff I know I'd lose?

If declinations are possible, then just decline any faceoffs that wouldn't be a close match. Also, if it's a wheel faceoff, then the results shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the ride. This way even mostly stock rides can get involved and have a chance to win a specific faceoff against a superior overall ride.
    408ci Scat stroker / AFR 205 heads / Crower Mech. Roller cam / Edelbrock Victor Jr intake / Holley 750 DP
    Richmond 5 speed / Mark Williams 35 spline axles / MW solid spool / 3.00:1 gears

Quote Originally Posted by fordfanboi
    I have never participated in the current faceoffs ( too new ) but are you stating that with the current system, I can't decline a faceoff I know I'd lose?

If declinations are possible, then just decline any faceoffs that wouldn't be a close match. Also, if it's a wheel faceoff, then the results shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the ride. This way even mostly stock rides can get involved and have a chance to win a specific faceoff against a superior overall ride.
    you can decline a face-off if the person challenging you is ranked higher than you but if someone with a lower rank challenges you it will start automaticaly...if you do not want to participate then you need to go into your profile and turn off the option to do face-offs...the current face-offs you can title it anything that you want...best overall, blue VS white etc...I don't think the new face-offs will be the same,not sure if we will be able to decline those. Doesn't matter to me I will do any. My theory all alone has been to expose my car as much as possible to get rankings and it has worked...almost half the site had ranked my car. I have some under 5 but a rank is a rank

Quote Originally Posted by fordfanboi
    if it's a wheel faceoff, then the results shouldn't have anything to do with the remainder of the ride. This way even mostly stock rides can get involved and have a chance to win a specific faceoff against a superior overall ride.
    And you think this is a good thing? Loosing to a stock car simply due to a single aspect of the ride? No.... I'll just turn the option off to accept any challenges. I don't mind loosing to a car that is superior... but I do mind this new format allows wins due to singularity.

Then again... maybe I should just go out and buy a $500 beater, put some trick rims on, and win some face offs. LOL

458.0 RWHP - 411.0 RWTQ

413.6 RWHP - 396.0 RWTQ

278.3 RWHP - 300.4 RWTQ

my 2 cent worth... ya win some , ya lose some. who really gives a shit. its just fun to play. if your trippin on whose really better you lost already.

Quote Originally Posted by sicboy
    my 2 cent worth... ya win some , ya lose some. who really gives a shit. its just fun to play. if your trippin on whose really better you lost already.
    Yeah - I feel ya bro. It's been fun to play under the previous rules, no doubt about that. But despite your allusion to the contrary, the new faceoffs are for the "serious competitors"... just like J said. So obviously this is being driven by all those peeps who are "trippin on whose really better". Being that I am not one of those... I have chozen not to compete against those who are "trippin".

BTW: Nice whip you got there

458.0 RWHP - 411.0 RWTQ

413.6 RWHP - 396.0 RWTQ

278.3 RWHP - 300.4 RWTQ

i think i may play it the new way if it comes along. i have faith that the pannel will make the best ___________ win. it should still be fun. serious fun! kind a like racing a superbike. you worry alot till the green flag flies and then its serious fun. when its over theres always someone bitchin but for me i go with what ever happens and use the experiance to make a new plan for susccess.
    i used to be able to spell before the big crash in turn 1. lol

I gotta give credit to J for at least trying something different. As I said a long time ago, the only way to eliminate the buddy system is to go with a panel of qualified judges. Him taking that and adding the judging notes is a great addition, and most will learn from the experience. That's a win win in my book. But given my concerns with the "sigularity" issue - I'm just going to sit back and see how this all pans out... give it a month or three and then see if what I think will happen, does.

458.0 RWHP - 411.0 RWTQ

413.6 RWHP - 396.0 RWTQ

278.3 RWHP - 300.4 RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by SAVGE 89
    I gotta give credit to J for at least trying something different. As I said a long time ago, the only way to eliminate the buddy system is to go with a panel of qualified judges. Him taking that and adding the judging notes is a great addition, and most will learn from the experience. That's a win win in my book. But given my concerns with the "sigularity" issue - I'm just going to sit back and see how this all pans out... give it a month or three and then see if what I think will happen, does.
    go to this thread http://forums.gotstang.com/showthrea...5&page=2&pp=25 and look at post 26. its funny the response i got.

thanks j and fordfanboi for the idea
    Last edited by sicboy; 12-17-2005 at 11:12 AM.

sweet! thats what im talkin about now i can probubly win one and please dont forget a *best on going project* title selecion
    4 bangin b*sterd
    I love BOOOOOST and turbos ..

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default YEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

I can't wait for the neww face-offs to start

Gotstang? Newbie!

Its a good system but i think you should have different classes of cars. my car isnt that great and someone with a better car could tell my paint job sucked and choose to face off with me. some one should make sure the cars are somewhat even so that it is interesting to look at instead of a beat down on one car

Gotstang? Regular

Huh, basically an online judged car show...interesting concept. I think the judges will have a little harder time than at a car show though-can't look at the floorboards from a pic (every true judged show I've been to, the judges look under the car to see how really clean it is, lol). As long as people don't take it as a it's all good....I mean, who cares if yoour car loses some online contest-if you love your car, it shouldn't matter anyway...lol, I have a stock v6, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose in the current format (I mean, really, how many people would vote for a stock v6?), so we'll see what this brings...

There will be a new feature for those not really interested in competing in these face-offs. You will be allowed to 'wager' points on who you think is going to win. Should bring up some interesting things... especially if I show the points wagered on each car. haha.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

Default face offs

that sounds like a cool idea...........
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by J
    There will be a new feature for those not really interested in competing in these face-offs. You will be allowed to 'wager' points on who you think is going to win. Should bring up some interesting things... especially if I show the points wagered on each car. haha.
    Bitchin!

Gotstang? Moderator

This new "Face-Off" idea sounds good.

It all sounds great.
    1993 LX 5.O Calypso

Thread Information