gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Exclamation * NEW FEATURE IS LIVE *: Judged Face-Offs

Due to the over whelming 'drama' started from our regular faceoffs. It seems that alot of people are not even participating in them. A few ideas have been pushed around and we will be developing a new type of face-off system. The old system will still be around but this new face-off system will be for those who feel that the regular face-offs arent giving them enough justice.

The new system will have a panel of judges who will vote on each face-off created. The panel will take into consideration the title of the face-off ie. 'Best paint job' and vote on the car they feel owns up to the title of the face-off the best, as well as filling out a comments section explaining their choice.

A template will be setup for the judges so they can vote accordingly on each 'title/class'.

There will be no waiting 24-48 hours for votes to come in. The panel of judges will be notified when a new face-off is created and will vote appropriately within that day (hopefully). The face-offs will be voted on according to their submission date, so its a first come first serve system.

This will eliminate the buddy system. There will be an odd number of judges to prevent ties. The panel can be rotated based on some 'factor', or we can have the same judges throughout a year,month,week.

A new 'icon' will be made to show a win or loss within this new system.

So think of this as:
    The old system - Peer Review
    The new system - Judged Review

Please let the discussion begin, think of any problems that might develop within the new system.

[This thread is subject to change for updates]
    Last edited by J; 01-03-2006 at 12:58 AM.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

yay! thats all i have to say lol
    1995 Teal Mustang GT

"sorry i'm late... I was out spoiling my liver"

I'll leave u in the dust

i think that would be better!

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

J I think that is a good idea

I like the idea...see some possible problems tho. if the participants in the face-off know who the judges are I think it will still cause the same drama as the regular face-offs..."that person doesnt like me so they voted for the other person" or "they are friends so he/she voted for there friend" same old crap...how will the judges be chosen?? I personally think the judges should not be ppl in the top ten or twenty and that would exclude me from being a judge also...other than that I think it would be fun..more like a real competition. How about those side bets tho? I really like that idea

forgot to ask...will the challenges be made the same way?? If I challenge you then you have to accept or decline??

The panel of judges will be a mix of people... A group of people that I feel will represent 'Mustang Love' and also are mature enough to vote accordingly, and not on friendships.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

The side bets can be written into this system, and it makes much sense to have side bets on something like this because you have no control over the outcome of the face-offs. and No, the judges will not be allowed to make side bets. lol

Sounds like a pretty good system. Are the judges going to be the same people every time or are they gonna switch up? I think if you chose judges every couple of months it would keep things interesting and fair, and have the judges be owners of different generation Stangs.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

Ok J as we talked about, we need to make sure that everyone is aware of the reguirements before they enter the contest so there is no probs after the fact. Remember if you don't put your best foot foward (pics lots of them) then your ride can't possibly be fairly judged so it's up tp you.

it shouldn't matter what the engine show what makes it go
    Read these ideas and I will have more to follow and comment on all because this is how we will make it all happen.
    Remember, when this thing flys it's up to you to take photo's and proof them over before submiting to your site this way here it's YOU who had the last say as to what the judges see.
    Last edited by blown93feature; 12-13-2005 at 02:23 PM.

Yes so there is no confusion, this is a face-off... if you are challenging someone for best paint, and they dont have enough pics to show off their paint, they will be judged based on the quality of pics they have.

Is this going to be a face-off chosen by the particpants or chosen by someone else??? I am a little confused after reading the post that I received in my e-mail.....if someone else is choosing the cars in the face-off that is the same as the UFO right??? If I choose to challenge someone "best paint" I have to have custom paint to do that?? Are there going to be classes assigned?? Are we going to have to qualify?? Sorry for alll the questions but I am not understanding this.....

I agree, I'm confused about this face off now. Now its sounds alot more complicated on how it happens, what your getting judged on, who your against, classes of Stangs. I'll just attend a local carshow, it would be easier.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

blown93's post was a little confusing, thats why he edited it... Its just like the current face-offs but there will be a panel of judges who decide the outcome. Thats really the only difference.

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

It sounds Good to me but I never had a problem with Face-Offs anyway!!! I like doing them for the Fun of it!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Yes, these new face-offs will be for the more 'Serious Competitors'.

this is a great plan. for the pro facer offer! lol

maybe a panel of 20 judges and a required 11 votes or something like that so whatever judjes are available will vote. is that clear?

Very nice idea. The way it's going to work sounds pretty solid. I really like the idea of side bets, which makes is even more interesting. Only thing is how will you be notified if you're selected as a judge? and I know there are some like 4000 members of GS but not all are active. Everytime I log on there are usually the same people on. Which makes me wonder if we have enough "active" members to rotate judges, say weekly.

Life Begins at 120MPH

Thats why I was thinking more of a 3 month thing

I think its a great idea

will create more interest in the board as well as the site overall and attract more people or bring back the people that left because of that problem...

Your a busy man J but we all love ya for it....hows the blower running by the way and when they hell are you getting dyno numbers ya bastard

yea ya bastard!!

Gotstang? Newbie!

J, suggest you be the only one who knows who the judges are (that should help them be more impartial). Like you said, the judges should be rotated every few months!

Sam's 03 Terminater

I think it is a good idea. That would eliminate most of the complaining. You will still have the few that does but atleast when you win one you will know why or lose i guess. Good thinking!!
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

Default judged face offs

might also be an idea to think of people who have left the site because of the faceoffs and see if we can get them back..send them an email or a phone call if you know them,just a thought...........
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Proud Mustang Owner The Guardian's Avatar

I like it. I can't wait for the new face-offs. I have fun doing the face-offs.

MOTTO "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

"Love to feel the wind blowing through my hair"
    "Back in Black" "Mustangs - Why drive anything else?"

Thread Information