gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pictures for Hunt claims.

I'm gonna voice my opinion here for a second. I have seen a few people putting pictures of items, i.e. snowplow, snow blower, snow shovel and its bugging me people are voting these real. I understand you might be in FL or AZ and don't have these items around, but putting a picture of one next to your stang is pushing it. This is just opening the door for further claims, for example, I'll just take a picture of a Ferrari, Lambo, Bently and put them next to my stang, or better yet I'll put a Hooters calender next to it and submit a claim for the hooter's girl. The whole purpose of the hunt was for people to go out and find these items, not print a picture out on my printer and take a pic of that. Just because I don't have mountains near me, doesn't mean I get a picture of some. I suck it up and don't get the claim. OK, I'm done.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Thanks to Nicoleb3x3 for this one.

I agree with you. i won't vote them real because they aren't real.

guess what? i am in florida and i know i won't get the claim for having my car under snow or in front of the mountains. oh f'n well.

how are you going to fake your car being in a mag? opening up a 5.0 mag and having your front tire on it? from some of you, it wouldn't surprise me.

but in the real world, it doesn't matter what you and i think. these people will continue to do what they want to do... which usually ends up being taking a good thing and making it suck.

when two hearts race... both win.

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

I agree with you also, no offense to anyone but give us a break the pics are not a real claim. If you can't get the items, don't use a pic unless it says you can. If this would of been OK I would of used a pic of my MOM and DAD along time ago, since they are both deceased. Sorry my 2 cents also.
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

Default hunt pics

i couldnt agree more with everyones opinion on here so far..not to blow my own horn,but nobody has put more effort into getting hunts than me and everyone can do the same if they expect to get points for them...i think its a great idea,when i started doing hunts i thought this is really cool..as they started getting harder to find i had to start driving further away to get them. i even drove out of canada into the u.s.a. to get them them..if thats not an effort i dont know what is???????i think that if you dont have them and you cant get in your car to get them then tough noogies!!!!..i got screwed 2 months ago cause we dont have a pep boys up here...oh well..i guess i dont get it then...i didnt take a picture of something and stick it to the side of my car and call it a claim!!!!!!!!! i think this is the WHOLE IDEA behind getting them.going out and looking for them!!!!!!!!!...if the hunt was supposed to be that easy everyone would do it....some months you will get them...some months you wont...ive got 5 months before i get my car back out again should i be able to paste pics of everything on my car before i get it out again...i think not...nor will you ever see me do it either!!!!!!!!!i''d really like to hear from the other side too.scott
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

35th Anniversary Mach 1

There are several 'Hunt' items that are not available in the Pacific Northwest, either.
    We live with it!
    I don't like the putting pictures up for items, either.
    I understang about living in Texas where they don't have these items, and I did vote for a few of them because I thought it was funny, but we really need to keep the items more realistic.
    Even if it's a toy (that looks like the item) it's better than a photocopy.
    To be clear: I don't have a problem with the ones that are already done, nobody said that you couldn't!
    But, let's stop that now amd make it a little more realistic for future Hunts!

Default hunt items

Quote Originally Posted by meneep
    There are several 'Hunt' items that are not available in the Pacific Northwest, either.
    We live with it!
    I understang about living in Texas where they don't have these items, and I did vote for a few of them because I thought it was funny, but we really need to keep the items more realistic.
    To be clear: I don't have a problem with the ones that are already done, nobody said that you couldn't!
    WELL SAID,TAYLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by meneep
    We live with it!
    I agree 100%.

I will say that a couple of the claims were creative, such as the front end loader for the plow, and the gravel/sand/snow shovel.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Whats the difference between a stuffed animal and a picture? You dont have to leave the house for these either... Theres a point at which I cannot do anything here, and you all just have to use the system we have in place. Either vote it real, or fake.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Moderator

These people don't see to be laying the problem with the system or you J. The method you designed works fine. It's all directed at the idiot morons who vote for photos as real that should not have been posted to begin. It's like taking a photo with your mustang next to a tank and the photos shows the stang next to a fence with the tank, but it's across a four lane road, a small grass field and sitting on a pile of rocks.

My peave are angle photos. The same photo posted twice or an angle that may be two steps to the left or right, or a close up from the same pose as the first one. The people still vote these as real. People don't follow rules and they don't vote correctly. Some idiot thinks its cute to post a stuff animal next to their car when it's suppose to be a real one. Yeah that's funny until the morons start voting that its real.

This is all about the people wanting to play the game, without following the rules. They've lost sight about having fun getting the pictures, it's just about getting some images up there so you can get the points. We can't even police ourselves to get the voting right.

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Whats the difference between a stuffed animal and a picture? You dont have to leave the house for these either... Theres a point at which I cannot do anything here, and you all just have to use the system we have in place. Either vote it real, or fake.
    well said

for one, like j said, i mean what is the difference.. its not like we got 200 points from it.. and even if we did, what are u afraid of? lol.. it doesnt matter, the site GOTSTANG is all fun and games, its a awesome hobby.. for all who love stangs, and alot of us get caught up int he fact, that it is just a website and just hunts, if we were getting paid or something i could see the problem, like cheating.. but as someone said, they didnt say you cant... so its not like we can ALL get the claim with J by our cars.. right? .. and come on.. how many have claimed the statue of liberty? .. my pint exactly.. and it says" no fake" on that claim.. just my 2 cents..

35th Anniversary Mach 1

This thread wasn't at all pointed at the system, J.
    It was just written in the hope that people would read it and start playing a little better.
    And, in the hope that people would actually take the time to check what they are voting for.
    You and the system are fine! It's the players we would like to improve!
    You know, when you mentioned that an item couldn't be taken from inside your car, people stopped doing that, maybe we could put in the rules no pictures or photocopies? Just a suggestion.

maybe we do need some sort of policing put into effect...personally its bullshit....way too many people go out of their way to get pics...i got a message tonight about someone who drove 130 miles round trip to get one ult hunt pic after working a 10 hour shift....thats what what i call an effort....this crap with the pics being stuck to the side of cars..BLOWS !!!!.IF YOU CANT GET IT...TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD...get on with your life...and for those who think its just for fun..i guess there would be no problem taking away those points either??? or the 250 or 500 point bonus as well???all this does is open the door for everybody to start taping pics to the side of their car to get points"for fun" i think i can probably speak for most of the people at the top of the list that have spent many hours and big $$$$$ in gas cruising around so they can rightfully get there name at the top of the list where it belongs, that well its still " fun" there is obviously some level of competition involved also..maybe what we need is a something attached to the claims.like a (report to administration)..that even if its voted real.someone will have the final say whether or not its a winner or loser...if this taping pics to the side of the car doesnt stop there should be no reason everyone on this site cant do all the claims in 2 weeks time,and all thats going to do is take a great thing and make it suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lxexpress
    maybe we do need some sort of policing put into effect...personally its bullshit....way too many people go out of their way to get pics...i got a message tonight about someone who drove 130 miles round trip to get one ult hunt pic after working a 10 hour shift....thats what what i call an effort....this crap with the pics being stuck to the side of cars..BLOWS !!!!.IF YOU CANT GET IT...TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD...get on with your life...and for those who think its just for fun..i guess there would be no problem taking away those points either??? or the 250 or 500 point bonus as well???all this does is open the door for everybody to start taping pics to the side of their car to get points"for fun" i think i can probably speak for most of the people at the top of the list that have spent many hours and big $$$$$ in gas cruising around so they can rightfully get there name at the top of the list where it belongs, that well its still " fun" there is obviously some level of competition involved also..maybe what we need is a something attached to the claims.like a (report to administration)..that even if its voted real.someone will have the final say whether or not its a winner or loser...if this taping pics to the side of the car doesnt stop there should be no reason everyone on this site cant do all the claims in 2 weeks time,and all thats going to do is take a great thing and make it suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can make this happen... just let me know.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

do it....i have no problem with it....for those of us who spend the time doing the hunts...you wont here us bitching about it....at this rate the hunt will be out of control in no time flat...and i think it will only lead to people leaving the site for the same reason they leave about the face offs..

OK well lets get some rules up.. with no exceptions.... where does it end?

NO pictures of hunt items next to your car... NO stuffed animals? No toys? Lets make a set of rules.

thats all good so far.........maybe something like it has to be verified by a moderator whoever is online at that time or place where they go to be stored until you give it your approval

Quote Originally Posted by lxexpress
    thats all good so far.........maybe something like it has to be verified by a moderator whoever is online at that time or place where they go to be stored until you give it your approval
    Then whats the point of having a voting system? I mean I can add general rules to follow by.. and then it comes down the voting of the users.... I dont want to have to touch every single hunt item.

its nice to get the points for voting and checking out everybodys hunts..but when it gets to the point where all you have to do is download pics..something has to be done...and when you know its wrong and you send private messages to your friends to get them to vote it real...something else has to be done....you wouldnt have to do all the hunts.just the ones that have been marked as an obvious fake or laziness if you put up a marker like i said in the previous post

I agree with adding the rule about no photocopies. Sometimes its nice to see something creative, but give me a break!!! but it doesn't mean people will follow it. I've seen ones where the pictures are the exact same and it still gets voted real. But one person does not have the time to police every single picture...

Default hunt pics

Quote Originally Posted by blueponygirl
    I agree with adding the rule about no photocopies. Sometimes its nice to see something creative, but give me a break!!! but it doesn't mean people will follow it. I've seen ones where the pictures are the exact same and it still gets voted real. But one person does not have the time to police every single picture...
    i agree with the one person thing..it would be too much...but something has to happen

Yet another drama....If you don't like the fact that ppl are using pics like that vote it fake...again no one can police the hunts any more that the face-offs...this whole site is designed to allow us...the members...to make these decisions, which by the way are personal and different for each of us. There is no reason that J should have to be the deciding factor in every hunt...I sure would not want to have to do that. Most of us do have lives outside of GS...I hope as he does. Sorry J maybe I should not be speaking for you like this...The hunts should be creative...I am in Fl and have not even seen a snowblower execpt on tv but I looked it up on the net and I have an idea about how I intend to approach that hunt..some ppl will think it's stupid and (hopefully) some will think I was creative enough to give it 2 me....belive me it's gonna be funny same with my waterfall...but if it is voted fake that's ok with me because my stang will never be in the snow...ever. It's like the hunt for the convertiable top down, not happening here but if I put my windows down and post it I would not expect to get the hunt voted real but it would be funny....relax guys and gals, have fun with this stuff. I love doing the hunts and I would hate to see what happened to the face-offs happen to the hunts

At least the stuffed animal is a 3 dimensional item. I admit I used 2 model cars for the movie replica claim, then the claim started stating no model cars. Apparently someone didn't like the fact models were being used, and I am stating my opinion about pics of items being used. No the claims aren't worth 200 pts, but your using these claims for the ult Hunt, which gives you 500 pts if you are the 1st one, and 250 for everyone else.

I have no problem with the system J, I am just giving my opinion.

Thanks Crimsonblack

BTW I was just bringing it the attention of the members, so if anyone wanted to know where the fake claims came from, they know.

Thanks Crimsonblack

Gotstang? Newbie!

I'm pretty new to the site and I don't mean to be "difficult" because I like all those who have voiced their views! I agree that a picture of a Snow Plow is pushing it, but I also understang someone from the deep South or Southwest may not be able to find an item. I know I'll never get a picture of my car with the Statue of Liberty (and it says on the Hunt item that it must be the REAL thing). However, I thought some of the questionable submissions (like the models of movie cars) showed they were thinking outside the box! I used a pair of tall decorative palm trees that were not real trees for the palm tree Hunt item. The only way I'll find a snow-blower is to drive North until I find one in another state, but if that is the way it has to be then that is what I'll do! LOL (I need to break in the new Roush anyway).

Thread Information