gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default * JUDGED FACE-OFFS ARE ON HOLD *

The judged face-offs are currently on HOLD.

The judges and I have determined that in order to have decent judged face-offs we will be requiring everyone to 'sign up' for classification to compete in the judged face-offs. When signing up you will be put on a list for the judges to review your site. Once they review your site you will be put into one of the five following classes.

Stock

Lightly Modified

Moderately Modified

Heavily Modified

Custom

So far the judges have reviewed the following people and put them into their appropriate classes.

Here is the link: http://www.gotstang.com/membersbyclass.php

The link to 'sign up' to be reviewed to compete in the judged face-offs is still in the works: http://www.gotstang.com/membersbyclass.php#signup

Once we have enough people classified, you will only be allowed to challenge people in your class or a higher class. This will no longer be determined by rank points.

We feel this will level the playing field EVEN MORE.
    Last edited by J; 01-23-2006 at 07:53 PM.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

2005 Mustang V6 s/c

where and when can I sign up?

Moderator/ Forum Kid :D auriansmustang's Avatar

where to sign up?
    14years old, dads '00, my 88GT

Thank you MustangFreak for the awesome sig!

Gotstang? Regular

What determines where you are placed? Are there set guidelines for each class?

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

By the looks of it it's still under the works. I would say they have gone and classified the ones that have been in faceoffs already judging by the list so far.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Proud Mustang Owner The Guardian's Avatar

So what is moderately modified?

MOTTO "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

"Love to feel the wind blowing through my hair"
    "Back in Black" "Mustangs - Why drive anything else?"

More then just basic exterior interior and performance mods... usually all 3

Proud Mustang Owner The Guardian's Avatar

So when I get my turbo or supercharger I can bounce up? When I get another five grand to spend on my stang I guess I will be moderately modified.
    Quote Originally Posted by J
    More then just basic exterior interior and performance mods... usually all 3

MOTTO "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

"Love to feel the wind blowing through my hair"
    "Back in Black" "Mustangs - Why drive anything else?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    So when I get my turbo or supercharger I can bounce up? When I get another five grand to spend on my stang I guess I will be moderately modified.
    Nah... my supercharger wasnt 5 Gs

J,

Moderately modified, my car? You've got to be kidding me? I've tons of money invested. Perhaps no one has done as much work to their interiors so they don't know what it costs to do fiberglass work nowadays, not to mention electronics, etc. Bump me up into heavily modified at least. That way I don't have to hear anyone complain if I take on someone I'm not supposed to.

trey3.8

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by trey3.8
    J,

Moderately modified, my car? You've got to be kidding me? I've tons of money invested. Perhaps no one has done as much work to their interiors so they don't know what it costs to do fiberglass work nowadays, not to mention electronics, etc. Bump me up into heavily modified at least. That way I don't have to hear anyone complain if I take on someone I'm not supposed to.

trey3.8
    i think you should be in custom

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

what about ppl with sponsors??? My sponsor donates only on Friday afternoons they should not be able to compete with anyone who does not have a sponsor...How far is this going to go??? I could not care less what class the judges put me in ..I don't know them and they have not seen my car...ppl will walk up to my stang and check it out they want me to pop the hood so they can look...that's what I care about and the fact that I have my car the way I want it. Some ppl are offended by the class that they have been put into and I don't blame them...if we are going by mod list and pics then they have a right to be upset...my.02 and J I wish I could get a s/c for my stang under 5K...still waiting for the prices to go down on the parts for the 05's...we pay double what everyone else pays it sucks!!! BTW I am always ready to do a face-off with anyone and I will not be whining about a loss.....

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

Just a quick question what about the ones waiting to be judged that we have points wagered on!!! Will they be judged or will it start from scratch...Just wondering!!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

I will be setting up a section for people who have disagreements.. this will allow the judges to take a second look at your website. Remember we can only go on what is shown in the pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by J
    I will be setting up a section for people who have disagreements.. this will allow the judges to take a second look at your website. Remember we can only go on what is shown in the pictures.
    I'm confused (nothing new right) ...can we do a best overall with ppl in our class as best over all or are we required to have pis of the undercarrage??? Mine is stock...so I will lose poins for that?? I need details!!!!!

Old Skool

Cool, J. I would definately like mine reviewed. I'm in the lightly modified and I believe my 86' satisfy all performance, interior and exterior to be placed in moderate modified, even though the interior/exterior modification that were taken from factory parts from 79-82, and 87-93 mustangs.

Mine's stock..........REALLY!.........it is!!!
    Its Old.....Not Slow.

Gotstang? Regular

I'm in agreement on my class! Since the greeen one's about as stock as a rock, lol. Works for me, I show in the stock classes when I go to "live" shows anyway.

Folks,

please realize that the classes were designed because the judges felt VERY STRONG CARS were taking on VERY weak cars. This wasn't fair but the judges were forced to pick the more show-worthy car and therefore reward them with usually 500 points. Look back at the comments and you will see they were pissed. So ..... now, a car in the custom class can not take on any other class for best overall car. However, if you are in a less modified class you can challenge a higher class.

I guess the question that comes to me is .... can someone challenge ANYONE if it is a specific class (NOT OVERALL). For example - I felt that J has done a great job on his exterior, so I challenged him to that - not overall car (I've obviously spent a lot more). It was more fooling around than anything - I think most of you know I don't typically do the challenges - or the hunts - I have fun being here and watching people progress. Or in the example of TREY, perhaps a higher classed car could challenge him to "Interior" - I think there should be allowances for this - but I also feel someone should approve this first.

J, perhaps there should be a "Waiting area" for those other challenges and if a judge approves the challenge then it goes through. This way those specific challenges can keep it interesting. Just and idea for you.

Quote Originally Posted by trey3.8
    J,

trey3.8

Yo Trey - if that's how you feel - IE: that your car should be in the heavily modified class ..... why did you just challenge someone who would certainly be in the Lightly modified class, to a face-off????? If I recall, the judges gave you a hard time about that!

To prove a point!

Chronologically, it's my understanding, Scott, that classes were created some time last night and judged competition was put on hold AFTER I had done my first judged face-off, so I don't really see your point.

And as far as who I challenged: I challenged a person who BEAT me, no whooped me in the regular face-off..by 16 votes! The fact that you and the judges are concerned about this just simply proves my point (it's just a shame that many of you are finally admitting it) that the regular face-offs a.k.a. buddy systems are horribly unfairly and bogus. So if I had to prove that, so be it. It hasn't been about the cars for a long time but how many friends you have, that's why I refuse to do them anymore...and I STILL get people I don't know PM'ing me asking for votes.

I have a strong sense of fair play and competition, Scott. So is it really fair for anyone whose car just rocks and who has invested mucho bucks (that goes for your as well) to take a loss by a lightly modified or stock car and have it indellibly inked on his or her record? Again, is it wrong to want a rematch with a person who initially challenged you, polliticked for votes (if this is the case-obviously the judges think so or they wouldn't be rebuking me), and now as a result you have a loss on your record cause someone couldn't play fairly? Why not take the loss off our records? And that goes for everyone who has suffered the same fate.

I've been around here for a while, and this is one of the main reasons I stay away . So I hope you understand my logic, Scott. If you want to see "fair" competition, go after the people who have recklessly abused the system. Wipe out face-off records and start over. But there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to clear my car's reputation. And as long as that loophole exists, I don't see a problem with it. I've been to plenty of real-time car shows in competition, as I'm sure you have. And the rules differ vastly. When you compete in a "Ford Mustang" class, for example, all sorts of Mustangs roll in. The sponsor of the event usually has a limited budget and decides beforehand what the classes will be, even before the cars enter. Sometimes they'll split it out. But the judges here have a unique opportunity. They are not limited by fixed budgets. They can create all the classes they want. If the judges on this site take offense to the way things currently are (they created the system, not us) then change it! Don't assume everyone thinks the same way you do. And certainly don't lambast us when you haven't clarified your own policies. Start by defining what best "overall" car means.

When people see my record, I want them to know that when it was compiled correctly, I beat so-and-so person or I lost. I just don't see anything wrong with wanting things to be done honorably.

So if you're worried about who me or anyone else will compete against, get those classes right. As for me, I'll take on anyone if it's done fairly. Put me in the custom class. Put me in any class you want. I'm not being belligerent, just looking at this logically, and being a little forceful. I hope you can appreciate my honesty. Thanks for listening.

trey3.8

I didn't mean to offend you ..... if I did.

I 100% agree about the regular face-offs. Why do you think I have NEVER entered one? I went in a few tourny's last summer and beat some cars but them lost to others. When I saw what I and others were losing to I reaized the buddy system is what it was all about, and I have only met a few on here - lol. It doesn't bother me though - if you accept it - it's fine.

It's like the participant voting at shows - I don't like them, although I usually do well, I hate seeing fantastic cars overlooked.

I certainly wasn't expecting your answer "To prove a point". You lost to your competitor in a regular face off. That's why you challenged him in the judged. That makes perfect sense to me. You certainly did prove your point. Nicely done BTW.

Absolutely no offense. I get passionate about this stuff, but I'm sure we all do

Gotstang? Newbie!

Default Reply to what is mod

At all the shows last year the term "modified" is a tough call. We all have different notions as to what "modified" is. One show will say you have up to three mods and your still in a stock class. What is a mod? Is different valve stem caps a mod? Most folks try to stay in a stock class. Small mods up to and including your chouce of wheels I think still leaves you in a stock class.Big mods as in blowers,gull wing doors, body kits,wild sound systems that use up the back seat,etc. put you in a modified class.

Thread Information