gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gotstang? Regular

Default ok, so what's up with this?

Ok, I have 16 people who ranked my car under 5. Now I don't want to come across as cocky but seriously, my car is nicer then that. What's up with this? People ranking it low just to say they ranked ya but so ya don't do as well?
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?
    Add a few letters to VTEC and it's pretty cool.... VorTECh

Sam's 03 Terminater

How do ya find out what they ranked ya.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

Sam's 03 Terminater

Your way better than a 5.
    THANKS TO CRIMSON BLACK FOR THE AWESOME SIG.

that is silly. i have a few under 5. i dont know. it could have just been people who signed up to mess with everyone here. you know, the people who dont like stangs but want to mess with everyone that does. that is what i figured, when i saw mine. just a thought.

Drive it like u stole it!

nobody on this thread is a 5 you are all 10
    Thanks to Crimsonblack for the awesome sig!!!

Gotstang? Regular

the vast majority of the rankings I give out are from 6-9

It's hard to get a 9 from me and it's very hard to get a 10. I'll give a low ranking to someone with no pictures but I'll leave a note that says I'll happily re-rank them if they let me know about any pictures.

I wouldn't give myself a 10, either 8 or 9. If I had a built motor, some deep dish wheels, tint, and the paint work that I have planned done then I'd say my car would be a 10.
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?

Even i'm a 10.... hey MachGT, i gave u the 5 j/k ur is a well deserved 10

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

This info your refering to, is that the stats on your car recieving those ranks or what you gave out because I'm curious as well. I don't think I gave out 9 ranks of 5 or less to anyone if I'm not mistaken. If this is what my car recieved than it's true what I have been told about people.... they are haters which =jealousy so and than of coarse

Quote Originally Posted by blown93feature
    This info your refering to, is that the stats on your car recieving those ranks or what you gave out because I'm curious as well. I don't think I gave out 9 ranks of 5 or less to anyone if I'm not mistaken. If this is what my car recieved than it's true what I have been told about people.... they are haters which =jealousy so and than of coarse
    What your car received.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

I agree they are haters. All stangs rock

Gotstang? Regular

I'm just annoyed by people hurting my average,
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed

Quote Originally Posted by MachGT
    Ok, I have 16 people who ranked my car under 5. Now I don't want to come across as cocky but seriously, my car is nicer then that. What's up with this? People ranking it low just to say they ranked ya but so ya don't do as well?
    I win!! I have 29 5 and under...I don't really care tho, a rank is a rank. Better than nothing at all

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blnpony05
    I win!! I have 29 5 and under...I don't really care tho, a rank is a rank. Better than nothing at all
    I have 21 ranks that were 5 or under and I am with you at least they ranked me, but I know I am alittle better than a 5 in fact we all are!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Proud Mustang Owner The Guardian's Avatar

I just checked my ranks and I have been ranked 610 times and I have 61 under 5 rankings. That is silly. The strange thing is is that that the more money I spend to improve my stang the more 5 and belows I get. The number is increasing instead of decreading. I have spent so much money on my mustang recently and should not be getting below a 6, she is looking pretty good. But at least my stang is getting ranked.

MOTTO "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

"Love to feel the wind blowing through my hair"
    "Back in Black" "Mustangs - Why drive anything else?"

Quote Originally Posted by tweety
    I agree they are haters. All stangs rock
    Well said Tweety.

MOTTO "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

All stock stangs get a 5 from me. Any mods I like get more.

Any mods done I dont like get lower.

I dont think ive given out anything below a 5.

Only cars I give 10s to are the ones that you dont see everyday.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Obviously ratings of 5 or less come from people who lack KNOWLEDGE,APPRECIATION
    or JUST PLAIN RESPECT of what another person can do with their cars!!!!
    Don't let it get ya down MachGT!!! You know what you have regardless!!!!!

I just think that voting 10s for every car defeats the purpose of the ranks.

Why even have the ranks then? I look at the ranks as the amount of time put into the cars. The 'love' if you will. Anyone can go to the dealership and get a stang. Of course its a stang, I give you props for that. But a stock car gets a 5 from me. Its not because they are any less then the others but its because they havent put any work into their car (in mods). But then comes the point to which someone not liking the work put into the cars (bad body kit) shitty paint, etc. Its still work.

Maybe I need to develop a new ranking system. Its just pointless to give someone a 10 just because they have a stang. lol

I'm a Rocket Scientist! Black Stallion's Avatar

My average rank per vote is 7.78191489362

Don't feel bad.
    1998 Mustang GT Coupe & 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

Maybe different areas of the stang can be ranked: interior, exterior, audio/visual, etc. I don't know just a though about what you said. I know I have put alot of work into my stang and alot of money that should have gone to my house remolding project but I love my stang to much to have it sit there stock. You are doing a wonderful job with this site J and I love it.

Gotstang? Regular

Yep, I definitely like to rank people based on the work they put into their cars. Granted, I will actually dock a point or 2 for excessive tacky or silly mods. (i.e. big aluminum wings, lime green paint, mismatched body panels, unpainted body panels, huge gawdy graphics)

I probably annoy some people with my comments cuz I don't like to just say "great stang" on everyone. If I don't like something I'll mention it but try and be tactful about it. Everyone has different taste but I will give my opinion.

I liked the post that J made a while back about "what a 10 rank is" To me a 10 is the ultimate stang, a car that has had quality modifications in every area. Or a pristine classic would get that from me as well.
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed

I'm a Rocket Scientist! Black Stallion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MachGT
    Yep, I definitely like to rank people based on the work they put into their cars. Granted, I will actually dock a point or 2 for excessive tacky or silly mods. (i.e. big aluminum wings, lime green paint, mismatched body panels, unpainted body panels, huge gawdy graphics)

I probably annoy some people with my comments cuz I don't like to just say "great stang" on everyone. If I don't like something I'll mention it but try and be tactful about it. Everyone has different taste but I will give my opinion.

I liked the post that J made a while back about "what a 10 rank is" To me a 10 is the ultimate stang, a car that has had quality modifications in every area. Or a pristine classic would get that from me as well.
    Yea that red cobra convertible. Scott Wagner was the guys name I believe. That is a 10/10 Car.
    1998 Mustang GT Coupe & 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

um sorry... I am one of those people who gives out a lot of tens! because they are all way better than my stock "5"!!!

I know when I vote on cars if they have not made up there site i give them a 1, A single pic atleast deserves a 5, after that its how I like the car.

Matt
    2K Stg2 Roush Vert S/C 430/440
    I am not a Psycho...But I play one on a PC!

Legendary:
    It's like if a cobra and a saleen had a kid, it grew up, and kicked the sh*t out of it's parents, this is what it would look like.

I looked at your car and ranked it an 8. I did this because I like the the rims, and the all around clean look to your car. Although I left room for when you do future mods to re-rank you.

Thread Information