gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Feature: GS HOWTO's - Need Feedback

OK so alot of people are using their websites to display pics of their car and such, which is perfectly fine. But GS should be a little bit more of an informative site to help out fellow stangers... so I am developing this new feature.

Its called GS HOWTO's.

How it works.

Each user can setup as many howtos as they want, the interface will be just like the website creation.. but it will be a howto creation, and instead of pages, you create steps. You create a page with necessary tools... and then create a step by step instruction on how to do something. There will be GS howtos ( how to do something on GS) and also Mustang Howtos. You can upload images, files, etc. This is all to be determined.

To give people rewards on making howtos, because it can be an intensive process... Im thinking of giving out GS points for them.. somewhere in the range of 250-1000 points depending on the howto and how well the intructions were written up.

There will be a way to keep duplicate howtos from being created and also a way to search exisitng howtos. There will be a little icon displayed on your website for each howto you create. Kinda like the face-off and hunt icons.

Let me know what you all think.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Gotstang? Moderator

Yes! This great J. I would love to share my interior stuff with everyone. The persons doing their rear seat delete kits, battery to trunck conversion and so on can share in one area. This is awesome.

Hey Nicole3x3, you better be taking some good pictures of your V8 conversion.

Gotstang? Moderator

OH, You should make sure that a how to can be duplicated if they are for multiple body styles. one is for a Fox body and another might for the SN95, and even another for the 05 style. A door panel coversion/restoration will be different based on body style.

Generation of stang will be a selection when creating your howto.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

squishy pants

sweet

I am a fucking PIMP!!! Crazzy_Al's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J
    OK so alot of people are using their websites to display pics of their car and such, which is perfectly fine. But GS should be a little bit more of an informative site to help out fellow stangers... so I am developing this new feature.

Its called GS HOWTO's.

How it works.

Each user can setup as many howtos as they want, the interface will be just like the website creation.. but it will be a howto creation, and instead of pages, you create steps. You create a page with necessary tools... and then create a step by step instruction on how to do something. There will be GS howtos ( how to do something on GS) and also Mustang Howtos. You can upload images, files, etc. This is all to be determined.

To give people rewards on making howtos, because it can be an intensive process... Im thinking of giving out GS points for them.. somewhere in the range of 250-1000 points depending on the howto and how well the intructions were written up.

There will be a way to keep duplicate howtos from being created and also a way to search exisitng howtos. There will be a little icon displayed on your website for each howto you create. Kinda like the face-off and hunt icons.

Let me know what you all think.
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonblack
    Yes! This great J. I would love to share my interior stuff with everyone. The persons doing their rear seat delete kits, battery to trunck conversion and so on can share in one area. This is awesome.

Hey Nicole3x3, you better be taking some good pictures of your V8 conversion.
    See PAGE 4 of my GS page...
    My 2004 Pearl White V8 Limited Explorer is FOR SALE!!! Click Me!!

MPHcc. Motor-City PowerHouse Car Club. "Master at Arms"
    Faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overrides your fear of death!!!

Drive it like u stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonblack
    OH, You should make sure that a how to can be duplicated if they are for multiple body styles. one is for a Fox body and another might for the SN95, and even another for the 05 style. A door panel coversion/restoration will be different based on body style.
    Thanks to Crimsonblack for the awesome sig!!!

I'm a Rocket Scientist! Black Stallion's Avatar

That would be awesome. I say go for it.
    1998 Mustang GT Coupe & 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

Yes, I have a new mission to post all I've learned with my project including the swap! ...I wonder how many points that'll be worth??? LOL!

I hope to post a headlight and relay how-to for the fox body as my first

GotStang? junkie

Cool!

V6 Guru

Awesome idea J.
    1994 v6- Project car
    1997 v6- M112'd, SSM 2+ powerpack- In process of being a track car
    1998 GT- Daily Driver
    2001 GT- Vortech supercharged plus a few bolton's
    Sponsors for the 97 V6:
    VMP Tuning
    Super Six Motorsports
    Autobadges.com

Queen of Team BLING 3 wldponi03's Avatar

Sounds like a Awesome Idea!!!
    Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.' ----Harvey Mackay

POSSE MOTTO:
    "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,
    but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

Sounds like a great idea, I would like the first how-to to be on making these banners everyone has. I want one too!!

Gotstang? Regular

well gosh, now I'm going to have to update my website

already have a couple how-to's
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?
    Add a few letters to VTEC and it's pretty cool.... VorTECh

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary
    Sounds like a great idea, I would like the first how-to to be on making these banners everyone has. I want one too!!
    I have a banner and a sig but I would like to know how to do it...and the movies that mysticcobra has...2 cool

Gotstang? Moderator

I am willing to work on a how to create a "Signature" banner & it can be used for posters. But it would be image heavy, & somewhat generalized with comments towards software. Most people don't have the money to waste on Adobe Photoshop and cheaper software (Ulead PhotoImpact, PhotoPaint) can do the same quality with stuff this small. I have photoshop and don't even use it for internet work. But, I'll start on a how to. Most times it would be in a word document, but will have to be different to put it up on GotStang.com.
    Last edited by crimsonblack; 10-31-2005 at 12:10 PM.

OK, the interface should be done soon... you all should see the new link in the manage section on the right hand side.

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

hey j this might be good with that thing that you and i were talking about????
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Gotstang? Newbie!

I will be glad to do a write up on my 2v to 4v swap. Showing the extract and install of the motor, the changes that have to be made to the harness, pics with options on imrc delete, and even list of people on who to contact for part needs and who to have do your custom reflash so that your gt's eec will operate your 4v motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench
    I will be glad to do a write up on my 2v to 4v swap. Showing the extract and install of the motor, the changes that have to be made to the harness, pics with options on imrc delete, and even list of people on who to contact for part needs and who to have do your custom reflash so that your gt's eec will operate your 4v motor.
    That would be excellent

Gotstang? Regular

I'll have one for a clutch swap, then maybe something with tips for the blower install, among other things
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?
    Add a few letters to VTEC and it's pretty cool.... VorTECh

OK, ive opened up the interface for those who want to be the beta testers... all your data will be saved.. its just a matter of tweaking the look and feel of it...

http://www.gotstang.com/maint.php?edit=howto

Collection so far...

http://www.gotstang.com/howtos.php

Gotstang? Moderator

When people do a how to, they gotta have photos. You can't give GS points if there aren't any photos. A how to needs, and should, have the images to also show people where to look for something, what it looks like, how to remove it, how to put it back on, etc. Just the verbage can be useless to most folks with out something showing you exactly what, when, where and how.

Most of the ones on there now for the beta testing are just lines and lines of information with the step by step process or even photos. It's useless like that. Good job by Nicole and 1FR500.
    Last edited by crimsonblack; 11-02-2005 at 12:24 PM.

No points are assigned untill I review them. Dont worry about that.

Thread Information