gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default got my saleen spoiler.....DAMAGED!!!!

I posted this first in the "woot" topic and thought I would move it as to not take over someone elses thread especially since their parts look awesome....

Saleen sent this spoiler to me and I am currently waiting a response for what to do with it since I dont want to put it on my car...These are some of the pictures I have of the spoiler...Keep in mind the spoiler is Urathane and I have never seen urathane look this bad...also the spoiler cracked more after being in the sun for 30 min the other day...My body guy wont touch it because he is afraid it will crack more after painting and cause the paint to crack...I also dont want it on my car since I wouldnt paint it either if I was a body guy/painter...

I sent Saleen an Email and am communicating with a guy named Robert in the parts department...what do you guys think of the spoiler?

that looks like crap

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

I can tell you the urethane Cervinis stuff that I got was flawless. I wouldn't accept that quality, especially considering the cost.

[

Token Camaro Lover ClintEastwood's Avatar

what the fuck....how did that shit happen?....id be pissed as hell if i were you
    White 1998 V6 Mustang
    Mods: Gotstang? stickers

I dont want to be reduced to driving some sort of econobox trash while my blown Mustang waits at home in the driveway - Jim Campisano, editor of MM&FF Magazine
    THANKS TO HMONGS SISTER FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!!!

Cervinis shit was perfect.

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

i take it none of you guys have ever orderd a Saleen product before? LOTS of work to get it right before you can put it on your car, im not just bashing the company im going by what i have seen and i for one will never order anything from that place.

Saleen style

product quality

damn that sucks

from other post: After i got it i told them to come and get it. They told me that they would pay for shipping both ways for a new one so i said ok. It ended up being about 5 weeks to get my second one it showed up a little bit better i just took it and got it fixed by a paint shop sanded and everything. and said to hell with it.
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Drive it like u stole it!

send the shit back
    Thanks to Crimsonblack for the awesome sig!!!

I am a fucking PIMP!!! Crazzy_Al's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyb0y3
    i take it none of you guys have ever orderd a Saleen product before? LOTS of work to get it right before you can put it on your car, im not just bashing the company im going by what i have seen and i for one will never order anything from that place.

Saleen style

product quality
    This guy nailed Saleen's shit right on the head. Saleen's quality is fuckin GARBAGE and nothing more.
    My 2004 Pearl White V8 Limited Explorer is FOR SALE!!! Click Me!!

MPHcc. Motor-City PowerHouse Car Club. "Master at Arms"
    Faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overrides your fear of death!!!

got my response from Saleen...."doesnt seem like anything is wrong with it...some air bubbles may have been in the mold but that can be sanded out"....we can give you a refund, but we dont want to send another spoiler"....

I cancelled my order for my Saleen rear bumper and side skirts as well as the side scoops...Im not going to give my money to some jackass who treats their customers like crap....Steve Saleen can kiss my white ass if thats what he thinks customer service is as well as quality...Ill never order anything from saleen ever again....

I knew their customer service was bad, but good lord its HORRIBLE not to mention quality is the worst I have ever seen....

Im prepping my spoiler as is and adding more urathane and sanding the hell out of it...I love the spoiler or else I would send it back...

Side skirts will be Stalker side skirts, im still not sure what rear end I will go with, im thinkin Xenon for right now, I just dont like the look of the stalker rear bumper....

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlueStang
    got my response from Saleen...."doesnt seem like anything is wrong with it...some air bubbles may have been in the mold but that can be sanded out"....we can give you a refund, but we dont want to send another spoiler"....

I cancelled my order for my Saleen rear bumper and side skirts as well as the side scoops...Im not going to give my money to some jackass who treats their customers like crap....Steve Saleen can kiss my white ass if thats what he thinks customer service is as well as quality...Ill never order anything from saleen ever again....

I knew their customer service was bad, but good lord its HORRIBLE not to mention quality is the worst I have ever seen....

Im prepping my spoiler as is and adding more urathane and sanding the hell out of it...I love the spoiler or else I would send it back...

Side skirts will be Stalker side skirts, im still not sure what rear end I will go with, im thinkin Xenon for right now, I just dont like the look of the stalker rear bumper....

sounds pretty typical from what i have heard about Saleen, also i have a friend who sells Saleen, BW and Stalker Body kits if any one here is interested.

ha ha ha after this post we want to run out and buy some saleen body kits. Screw them they have taken enough of my money.
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Gotstang? Newbie!

i bought a 2-281 for my 98 gt and was a lil disapointed but what the hell I am a paint and body guy and was going to mod. the wing anyway as you can see on my website. saleen products do not come ready to paint. they take a lil work as do most aftermarket items..my buddy has a lil honda he is doing and bought a high dollar mugan kit and that thing was crap. but the great thing abought urathane is that its thick and you can work the shit out of it .I use a mix of items when working with urathane. one windshield urathane for large remolding w/ adhesion promoter and a fast bumper tab repair by 3m for the light stuff that you have on your wing. just remember that urathane is a 2 part product and when made to mold it does have a tendancy to crack or have air bubbles..so with that in mind don't get too down on saleen or any other aftermarkert co. when it may be that your body guy dosn't have the resorce or training to handle the repair.

I'm a Rocket Scientist! Black Stallion's Avatar

send that thing back and buy from another place.
    1998 Mustang GT Coupe & 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible

anyone know about MrBodykit.com .....Ive heard bad things and good things...Im looking at the Saleen Urathane bumer they offer that is already filled in but I am reluctant on fitment etc since Im not sure how they make the kit and how close the mold is to a mustang.....

Im going with a Saleen bumper and if it already has the letters filled in then thats even better since Im going to put SS MUSTANG letters on it again....

Gotstang? Newbie!

Cervini is def the way to go.....send that shit back and get a refund.

I just talked to saleen again today and am happy to say they are taking their spoiler back and sending me another one...

I dont remember who I talked to last time but Robert def helped me out and said it should have never left Saleen in that condition and that he is shipping me a new one with the truck that is picking up my old one....Hopefully it comes in better condition because if it does I will go ahead and pick up my Saleen bumper as well and have the letters filled in and "MUSTANG" put on the back similar to what ScottsCobra did

Like they always say.. ya just gotta talk to the right person.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

got the new spoiler....Just as SHITTY as the last one....this is pretty ridiculous....I must say im pissed at saleen

are you fucking kidding me?

just got off the phone with Manny from Saleen...hes the head of customer service and says it should have never left the shop...heard that before.....Apparently they were running low and some retard was using the damaged product to ship out to fill the orders or they were just not looking at them when they shipped them....

The one I have now is cracked on the top as well as underneath......They are backordered so I will call back on monday and talk to manny, he is going to personally look at the spoiler before it is put into a box and shipped to me the next time

that sucks... at least now we all know not to order from saleen... good news though.. at least the next one should have some sort orf gauantee.. you should get a free bodykit or something for all this shit

you still going to get a Saleen Front bumper there Sublime

just got another phone call from Saleen....Cody was very pissed off at the fact that I am having to go through this shit and had me send him an email regarding my problems and shows that I have not had the spoiler on ect when it should have been on....Hopefully I will see a happy ending to this disaster of trying to put a spoiler on my car

Thread Information