gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Thread: squeaking noise

Default squeaking noise

I am starting to get a really bad squeaking problem from the rear passenger side. I have put it up on jack stands and took the wheel off and I can't find anything wrong. Is anyone else having this problem on any 04 GT's?

Louisville Kentucky United States of America

suspension squeek? metal squeek? what?

These cars arn't BMW's or Audi's you'll always have strange rattles, squeeks, and noises you can't explain. it's just the way of the mustang
    Imports: When Old School means 1991

-Adrian
    -2000 Black GT

Ive got the same squeak form the drivers side, done same as you but no joy!, thing is, its does it even when on smooth road, seems as if the car only has to shift slightly for the sqeak to happen, not worried at the moment, but will let you know if i get the problem sorted.

Gotstang? Newbie!

Question

I dont know about a sqweek lol but Ive noticed a sort of rattle noise coming from the right back end when turning sometimes. I dont know if somethin came lose or the previous owner lost somethin in the trunk somewhere
    Last edited by stangchick4life; 12-12-2005 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by syscokid
    I am starting to get a really bad squeaking problem from the rear passenger side. I have put it up on jack stands and took the wheel off and I can't find anything wrong. Is anyone else having this problem on any 04 GT's?
    I had a squeaking noise coming from the back of my 98GT after I installed the springs. After almost ripping the car apart I found there was a cable running down the drivers side of the car that was rubbing on its bracket I adjusted the bracket and the squeak was gone. The way I found this was had someone push on down on the back of the car (to make it squeak) and I looked under the car to find where the noise was coming from. Hope this helps you out....

Thread Information