gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF?

Default WTF?

No offense to lxexpress, but how is it possible that he is beating Scott 01Cobra by like 11 votes. They're both nice cars, but come on. Sorry for ranting guys, but i just noticed this when i was voting in the tournament and it struck me as odd. Maybe I'm the only one. If so sorry.
    Chuck Norris can touch MC Hammer.

Yeah we were just discussing that... 01 scott is kinda new here... Im shocked though. lol.. and no offense to lxexpress... maybe they dont like the newer style

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

lol - no worries, it's all for fun. So many people involved in the tourny it's hard to REALLY go look at all the cars. no biggie.

I appreciate the feedback though

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Yeah we were just discussing that... 01 scott is kinda new here... Im shocked though. lol.. and no offense to lxexpress... maybe they dont like the newer style
    I guess it could be that, but it still does seem odd.

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

I for one would have a very hard time picking which car I would vote for on this one.
    Both cars in my opinion are a 10. So then you have to go from that stand point. two different eras. So from here I would check to see who challenged who. I would vote 100% for lxexpress if he was challenged. They don't belong in the same class. If lxexpress challenged then I would have to seriously consider voting for scott 01, because his car is sweet. Then again so is lxexpress's. jeez I can't figure this one.
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

Well, in the Tournament it's different I guess. No one challenges each other.

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott 01Cobra
    Well, in the Tournament it's different I guess. No one challenges each other.

Sorry thought it might have been a face-off. Well in that case it would still be hard, but I'd def. lean towards scott 01
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

35th Anniversary Mach 1

I don't think it's all which car is faster, newer, etc....
    I think there are cars that strike a chord with people. A yellow Fox is something that people could own without mortgaging their house.
    Although I really like Cobra, I like Fox bodies, too. It's a hard call.
    They are both Bad ass rides in their own way!

Well said meneep!

We see these "how come this car got more votes than that car" posts all the time - what some people don't seem to understand is that gotstang is totally subjective - it is not a car show, or a drag race - and anything else with set rules for judging a contest - it is a collection of enthusiasts that share a common interest - Mustangs - just having some fun!

One of the best things about this website is that it has bought together Mustang enthusiasts from all over North America that often would not ever cross paths. In the real world, the car show guys hang around the cruises and show, and the racers hang around the street or strip - and although there might be some crossover, they rarely cross paths, let alone be pitched against each other in a contest!

So when it comes to a match up between a show stang with some go and a go stang with some show - who can say that one is better than the other? One man's meat is another man's bowl of rice - so one person may see the most awesome stang ever as something with a sexy body kit and a paint job - whereas the next person might think it's just a ricy stang and is going to be more interested in the next car that has a stock appearance but has a totally awesome drivetrain under the covers?

There are of course other factors on this site - like the quality of the members website and photos.

Another factor on the site is what I call the "fan club" factor - a car that has been here a while becomes familiar to members - and often friendships are formed - and this can and does influence the outcome of face offs, tourneys and car shows. I think this is the case with lxexpress and scott01cobra in the tournament - if Scott had been around for as long as LX I think it would be much closer. LX has been around for a while and is a high profile member - he has a "fan club" - Scott is the newbie and it will take time for him to gather a "fan club". Is this unfair? I don't think it is - this site rewards participation, and that is how it should be - if Scott contributes, he will very rapidly become noticed and I have no doubt he will then kick some serious butt!

There's no mystery - and no conspiracy (at least not any more - we got rid of those who were engaging in consipracy )

i bleed ford blue.... lxexpress's Avatar

Default in reply to 05 classics jab

well....i guess its time for me to speak up and have my say too.first off i would like to welcome scott winger to gotstang.com.whether i won or lost tonight doesnt really make a difference to me or not.i could care less.but it does say one thing looks arent everything.scott winger's car is one of the nicest cars i have seen.by the time everyone reads this i will have already ranked him a 10 and signed his guestbook.maybe my car doesnt have the outstanding looks of scotts car,but it doesnt mean that i haven't invested 40000.00 in my car too.i wanted to build a nice street cruising mustang that shows and goes.scotts car obviously has all that and then some.friends on this website are an obvious asset when it comes to this kind of tournament.scott will find that out soon enough.his car will be a force to be reckoned with.i'm sure if scott had been in gotstang as long as i have(which is only a few months) i might have lost by 100 votes.as far as classic 05's jab at not taking offence to that remark...how should i take it???? how would anyone else have taken it???? sure our cars are two different mustangs...but who wants the same as the next guy...thats what makes a mustang yours......who cares...i joined this website to have some fun as did the rest of you.so when someone says"no offence but how can somebody like that compete with scott wingers car " i get little bent out of shape.as for meneep and oz98 cobra and 93 ramvert thank you for showing some class and not jumping on the critic wagon like some other members might do...NO OFFENCE! p.s. i would like to thank all of those that voted EITHER way
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Sorry to come off harsh, but I was just voicing my opinion. I think you and Scott both have great cars. Hell I'm even more partial to the fox bodys than the 99-04 style. My other car is a 93 lx hatch for God's sake. And I totally respect the fac that you built yours on more of a budget than Scott. So Let me be the first to say congrats on the win and good luck this week in the tourney.

Mustang stuff for sale Stang Gurl's Avatar

Now Im losing miserably too I hope this doesnt come off sounding bad, but I am confused too, not that my car is all that or anything, but scotts car is amazing. IMO he should have won that match. Then he should have beaten me lol.

to 05classic thanx for coming to the table and being civil about it!!!!!!!!!
    rice belongs in a bowl.... not on the street!!!!! ,thanx to crimsonblack...you the man!!!!

Proud Mustang Owner The Guardian's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by OZ98Cobra
    Well said meneep!

We see these "how come this car got more votes than that car" posts all the time - what some people don't seem to understand is that gotstang is totally subjective - it is not a car show, or a drag race - and anything else with set rules for judging a contest - it is a collection of enthusiasts that share a common interest - Mustangs - just having some fun!

One of the best things about this website is that it has bought together Mustang enthusiasts from all over North America that often would not ever cross paths. In the real world, the car show guys hang around the cruises and show, and the racers hang around the street or strip - and although there might be some crossover, they rarely cross paths, let alone be pitched against each other in a contest!

So when it comes to a match up between a show stang with some go and a go stang with some show - who can say that one is better than the other? One man's meat is another man's bowl of rice - so one person may see the most awesome stang ever as something with a sexy body kit and a paint job - whereas the next person might think it's just a ricy stang and is going to be more interested in the next car that has a stock appearance but has a totally awesome drivetrain under the covers?

There are of course other factors on this site - like the quality of the members website and photos.

Another factor on the site is what I call the "fan club" factor - a car that has been here a while becomes familiar to members - and often friendships are formed - and this can and does influence the outcome of face offs, tourneys and car shows. I think this is the case with lxexpress and scott01cobra in the tournament - if Scott had been around for as long as LX I think it would be much closer. LX has been around for a while and is a high profile member - he has a "fan club" - Scott is the newbie and it will take time for him to gather a "fan club". Is this unfair? I don't think it is - this site rewards participation, and that is how it should be - if Scott contributes, he will very rapidly become noticed and I have no doubt he will then kick some serious butt!

There's no mystery - and no conspiracy (at least not any more - we got rid of those who were engaging in consipracy )
    Well stated Oz. Thanks!

MOTTO "life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather, to slide in broadside, thouroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming 'wow, what a ride!!' "

"Love to feel the wind blowing through my hair"
    "Back in Black" "Mustangs - Why drive anything else?"

Lightbulb

I think both cars are AWESOME and Scott’s engine bay looks phenomenal!! Can I get a Bling Bling
    Both cars in there own class are a 10, but I voted for the fox body because in my opinion it is a lot harder to take a classic/older car and make it look PHENOMENAL than it is to make a newer/financed car look as good.
    `'•. .•'´Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you Burn`'•..•'´

Quote Originally Posted by lxexpress
    to 05classic thanx for coming to the table and being civil about it!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks to you too. You could have just blown up on me, but you stayed civil also. To me this is what this site is all about. Although we all have different opinons of what is coll and what isn't or what is our opinion of the perfect stang in the end we're all stang lovers. And that's all that matters.

Like I said - It's all good .....

Lx - I see you are kicking the Butt of yet another Snake (as I type this). LOL

Gotstang? Regular

talking about kicking snake butt mmmmm i have had mine kicked so much i feel the foot marks but it is all fun . congrats to all who win YOU ARE GOTSTANGERS FAMILY!
    [/IMG]

well...anything can happen..as far as 05 classic goes...whats the sense in getting pissed off...maybe someone like yourself doesnt appreciate what i've done??? who knows who cares..i joined cause i like doing the hunts.i really didnt want anybody challenging me in a face offs or whatever...i dont want people being pissed off cause they lost or i lost 200 points...i just want everyone to get along and share a commom interest....stangs and chicks(lol)

well...anything can happen..as far as 05 classic goes...whats the sense in getting pissed off...maybe someone like yourself doesnt appreciate what i've done??? who knows who cares..i joined cause i like doing the hunts.i really didnt want anybody challenging me in a face offs or whatever...i dont want people being pissed off cause they lost or i lost 200 points...i just want everyone to get along and share a commom interest....stangs and chicks(lol)

Holy jumpin - I can't believe I haven't noticed yet all the hunts ..... that explains alot about what we were talking about earlier .....

Damn you have done well in the hunts - WOW

aw ya...the hunts are a blast scott...you get some pretty weird looks depending on what you are taking a picture of....ya i had to go to buffalo for some of them...and sorry i shouldnt have assumed that you knew.my apologies
    Last edited by lxexpress; 08-09-2005 at 03:41 PM.

aw ya...the hunts are a blast scott...you get some pretty weird looks depending on what you are taking a picture of....ya i had to go to buffalo for some of them...and sorry i shouldnt have assumed that you knew.my apologies

LOL - yeah, theres not exactly a pep boys or a 6 flags around here .... just to name a couple. Did you go to Darian Lake or Cedar Point for the 6 flag one?

no i went across at lewiston and got fantasy island...and then into amherst for a bunch of them...you shouldnt have a problem getting most of them..gotta get the stripper one too..only two people have got it so far.(both canadian)lots of places to get that..runway 66,the landing strip,million dollar saloon..getting the cop ones are pretty good too...and you get some nice pics for your website..not that you need it.lol

no i went across at lewiston and got fantasy island...and then into amherst for a bunch of them...you shouldnt have a problem getting most of them..gotta get the stripper one too..only two people have got it so far.(both canadian)lots of places to get that..runway 66,the landing strip,million dollar saloon..getting the cop ones are pretty good too...and you get some nice pics for your website..not that you need it.lol
    p.s. you got canadas wonderland right around the corner

Regular

Default LX and Scotts 01

Both of your cars are absoultely awesome. I just thought I'd stop in and say that I had a chance a few weeks ago to see scott's car at Norwalk Raceway Park FFW. It is amazing... the detail that went into that car is one of a kind. I would love to get a paint job with the cobra's like that. As far as lxexpress... it's badass in it's own right. BTw the way best luck in the tourney.. looks like were up against each other.

Thread Information