I got my Short shifter in the mail a while back and finally got around to doing the install
Its a Hurst Competion Plus 5-Speed Shifter Part# 391-0201

Some Pics of the goods:

All in all, the install was pretty straight forward.
Only issues where:
(1) Car sits pretty low (06 Roush Stage 2) made it hard to get ramps under to do the install, and even when I did get the ramps under it, it didn't matter if I ramped the front or back it wasn't enough to get under the car where I needed to be. The trans area to work on was about dead center. I ended up ramping the driver’s side rear and then sliding a 2 ton jack under a front lift point on the driver’s side also to get a jack stand under the car. This then gave me enough room to work under it. I will say one thing...the under carriage is tight, no extra room here, but nicely laid out. I was impressed.
(2) According to the instructions, they say to remove the old shifter through the trans housing hole on top...I tried that for about 5 minutes before laying the disconnected shifter down to rest while I tried another angle, for the life of me I could not get it to come out the top. But while re-thinking it...it fell out the bottom on its own. For some reason though I had no problem putting the new one in from the top.
(3) The OEM rubber boot was a bit of a challenge but I got it on with enough attack angles.
(4) The jam nut is does not use a 9/16th wrench to tighten it...won't fit. It took a 15mm to do it.
(5) Make mental note to make sure to check for all things around the car while moving it. I thought I did and while playing musical ramps I ran over my drop light which resulted in me working by Mag light the rest of the evening.

Rating: 10/10 Fit and finish are excellent. Greatly reduced shifting throw. Added firmness and positive shifting...... I love old school so I used the Hurst ball. No more missed 3rd. No addional noise. Excellent......!!!

Finished Product:

Kroozah