gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
    Alchemic Mechanic

Default Alchemist's Interior Rennovations- Conversation

OK here's the deal. I have a 1999 Black Coupe that had the two tone black/grey interior (blegh!) so i said enough with it.

I bought 2 leather racing seats form summit racing (wayyy too expensive) more of an impulse buy. Red and black.

I then proceeded to take the entire interior out. everything. Cleaned it with 91% isopropyl alchohol and painted it with duplicolor vinyle and fabric paints.

I just installed the front interior of the car and... wow. Its beautiful custom blossyblack and racing red interior for the accents. Now here are some issues im stuck on.

I installed the neons in the door's , side under buzel where you can put stuff. Looks sick as hell, installed red LED right behind the horse on the front. also sick, underbody's, and washer LED's.

Anyway, all I have left to do is reapolster the back seat with red/black leather, install my in-dash dvd, and add billet accents for the interior. And ebay a black leather steerign wheel for increased duribility for the paint. (obviously dont want to destroy your steering wheel fromt he oils on your hands. will eventually cause the paint to seperate form the surface.)

billet peices that i need are

shifter knob, Emergency brake, AC knobs, hedlight knob, defroster knob, coathangers, etc.

What do you guys thing would be a good combo that would look nice.
    aka Roush, steeda, aftermarket products, cause i dont know mutch about them after the roush and steeda stuff.

seem like alooooooooooooot of work. and get steeda stuff

post pics!

Alchemic Mechanic

ok I will. I need to borrow my friends camera so dont expect pics for a few days.

I found steeda bullit pedals and ac knobs on ebay - 40 bucks
    steeda bulit doorhandle - 120 bucks
    steeda emergency brake handle - 30 bucks
    soft form mgw 5 speed shift knob - 40 bucks
    and i think i need to cut myself off right there.. im running out of money lol.

and J offered to give me some space on the site to feature how-to's on interior accenting.
    now where in hell do i get a "door handle pin removal tool" ... I hate my car
    Last edited by Alchemist; 11-26-2004 at 01:33 PM.

Alchemic Mechanic

Just got a new CD player for the stang.. the other one was broken so whatever. I spent waaay to mutch money on something that wasnt really all that good... hats off to me.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....6&type=product

I know.. im a dumbass. total costs ended at 240 for the 4 year warrenty and all this otehr crap. who needs a 4 year warranty on a car stereo anyway... appearantly I do.

You wanted to know about the removal tool, just take a 10 penny nail and bend it to about 100 degrees.

Alchemic Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by CODY2003
    You wanted to know about the removal tool, just take a 10 penny nail and bend it to about 100 degrees.
    yea i bought a removal tool yesterday and got it off easy, least i have one for everytime anyone needs a removal.

Got the doors on and I wired in the neons for the doors, the doors need a little bit of brush touch up once everything else gets installed. so soon as I get my computer back ill be making some tuts for brush ups and the complete interior installation and painting.

I did the same thing to my '95. I don't want you to secondguess your prep, but I think lacquer thinner would be a better cleaner/solvent for prep. I did the exact same thing you did, only I preceeded the alcohol with a strong degreaser. I had a couple of issues with adhesion. If you use a quality interior dye/paint, you won't have issues with durability. I drove mine for a year without issue after figuring out the prep equation. Even on the steering wheel...

Alchemic Mechanic

oh yes I agree. Its working pretty damn well so far. Duplicolor is a pretty high quality product with some good elasticity and i hope to write a follow up if there are any problems on adhesion. I cleaned each peice about 3 times covering it with alchohol and I buffed the peices with 400 grit after cleaning.

5.0 Resto sells some lacquer based stuff for $10 a can, stand up stuff, matches factory black perfectly, SEM is another great product. I did my door sills in Duplicolor (everything else in high dollar stuff), it didn't match OEM as closely, but the durability was just a good as the waaay more expensive stuff.

Maybe I'll post some pics on my webpage, it's all moot now, the car is dismantled, dismembered, disposed... But at least others will get an idea of what is possible.)

Alchemic Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by NoSlo5.0
    5.0 Resto sells some lacquer based stuff for $10 a can, stand up stuff, matches factory black perfectly, SEM is another great product. I did my door sills in Duplicolor (everything else in high dollar stuff), it didn't match OEM as closely, but the durability was just a good as the waaay more expensive stuff.

Maybe I'll post some pics on my webpage, it's all moot now, the car is dismantled, dismembered, disposed... But at least others will get an idea of what is possible.)
    good idea. I used a gloss black for a main color and racing red on the accent's for a real unique look. This black is rEALLLY black. It looks like it was waxed. since all the peices are already painted its a little too late for the lacquer based but if the car starts to peel I can sandblast the peices and use a paint gun on them. All's thats left is to get the roof reapolstered and to talk to Laguna Seca R to see if he can make something custom for me... for a price of course.

I had to say it.

Alchemic Mechanic

ok.. lemme go get my digital camera.. be warned. the pics look like crap. ill post in a few mins.

Alchemic Mechanic

sry pics suck. its night time (obviously) and my camera sucks.

as you can tell its not finished

Lookin good.
    Once you have the interior all fixed up, what are your plans for the exterior?

Alchemic Mechanic

Lookin good.
    Once you have the interior all fixed up, what are your plans for the exterior?
    Stalker Rearbumper, remove the wing, bondo over the holes, Saleen front. and a red paintjob with a blackhorse with silver lining.(or vise versa, black with red horse and silver lining; gotta photoshop myself a test of each) heres a pic of an example ( a bad example mind you, I have a calander pic thats twice to 3 times better looking than this one)

course... this is all on a highschool senior's budget, gotta take it piece by piece.

The end result I want is to load a new 5.0 performance crate into her to make her one angry Mare. cant call her a Filly can I .. she being a 99
    Last edited by Alchemist; 11-29-2004 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    Stalker Rearbumper, remove the wing, bondo over the holes, Saleen front. and a red paintjob with a blackhorse with silver lining.(or vise versa, black with red horse and silver lining; gotta photoshop myself a test of each) heres a pic of an example ( a bad example mind you, I have a calander pic thats twice to 3 times better looking than this one)

course... this is all on a highschool senior's budget, gotta take it piece by piece.

The end result I want is to load a new 5.0 performance crate into her to make her one angry Mare. cant call her a Filly can I .. she being a 99
    Sounds good, just promise me that you will fill in the stalker text on the bumper.
    I know what you mean by hs budget. If you look at my car, everything that I have done is on about the same or even less of a budget. lol. I'm just a college freshman myself.

Alchemic Mechanic

Sounds good, just promise me that you will fill in the stalker text on the bumper.
    I know what you mean by hs budget. If you look at my car, everything that I have done is on about the same or even less of a budget. lol. I'm just a college freshman myself.
    yep good as promisd. ill bondo it up soon as I get it.. cause in reality, she isnt a stalker, she's my AlchemStang.
    Last edited by Alchemist; 11-29-2004 at 07:49 PM.

V6 Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist
    yep, but look at the bright side, school is almost over and then you can work more hours and thus, earn more money
    1994 v6- Project car
    1997 v6- M112'd, SSM 2+ powerpack- In process of being a track car
    1998 GT- Daily Driver
    2001 GT- Vortech supercharged plus a few bolton's
    Sponsors for the 97 V6:
    VMP Tuning
    Super Six Motorsports
    Autobadges.com

I got a couple of pics on my website finally. I couldn't find any "finished Product" pics. I had the same two tone to start with.

[

lookin good. Was it hard to paint all of the interior items?
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by My Cobra
    lookin good. Was it hard to paint all of the interior items?
    interior parts are easy except for the prep is a PITA!, it sucks cause if you don't sand a spot and theres still some of that rubber crap the paint will bubble and you gotta do it again.

Hey Alchemist, Random post, but I made this kick ass avitar of a transmutation circle. thought you might want it.

Alchemic Mechanic

yea. ive been in germany for the last few weeks and will be for some time. the cars back in the USA. finished but i dont have pics till I get back to the USA. soory for the gap in the show

look really good so far

Thread Information