gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Hybrid View

Default Got Hit again....Major Changes coming

Well just like the title says, believe it or not, my car got hit again

I got to school for the last day this morning and I park in a parking lot that has 2500 spaces.....keep in mind 1300 of these spaces are vacant because its finals week and most people are already done for the year...I park in a spot where there are no cars for at least 30 spaces in all directions of my car....

I come out of class and to the parking lot (about 2 miles from campus) and low and behold there is a Chevy 1500 fuckin Chevy Drivers parked next to my car and the front end of my car is all messed up on the passenger side....Took off the paint, scratched the bumper to shit but thank god they missed the side of the car.....I look at the back bumper of the truck and wallah, BLUE PAINT

I figure they attempted to back in...hit my car and still tried, then gave up and pulled forward and backed in next to it....HOW DUMB ARE PEOPLE THESE DAYS....HELLO Park 2 spots over you retard

So now my dillema is this...I can replace the front bumper or simply redo the body on the entire car....I was planning on selling the stang and buying a used GT but haven't found anything worth investing in that hasn't been beat to death by some guys young son.....So instead of doing a Saleen Speedster Conversion using a GT, I have decided to put together a ROUSH mustang out of my current car.....

In 2 weeks I am going to start with a new Stage 3 front bumper with foglights and Xenon Side skirts....I decided not to go Roush on the sides because I would run into a huge problem of redoing my exhaust system to Sidepipes and I just dont want to mess with that right now, maybe in the future but who knows.....

After the sides and front are painted and on in two weeks I am going to save some more and the next step (probably 2 weeks later) will be a Xenon rear bumper and 2 weeks after that I will finish the car off with a Saleen S281 wing....

Here is what the front will look like (side skirts are Roush but the ones I'm going to get are EXACTLY the same, just without the cutout for the side exhaust)

Saleen S281 decklid spoiler:

Xenon Rear bumper and Side Skirts:

Let me know what you guys think!!!!!!

Also I will be selling some things including my old rims, Mach 1 chin spoiler (brand new, only used for 1 month or so), Headlights, Tail lights, Antenna, Stock Shifter, stock shift knob and Black out covers....anyone interested let me know

Kyle

its gonna look awesome , are you keeping the Cobra R's on it or goin with the Roush wheels?
    -Black '03 GT

That sux that you got hit again. Sounds like she will be a looker when your done. Cant wait to see pics

Keeping the Cobra R's.....I realized that this car has been my one and only and its just going to be too hard to let her go.....Ive put sweat and blood into this car over the past 3 years and I just cant see it ending up in the hands of some young kid and him/her driving it into a pole and that being the end of it....my car deserves better...

Body will be first, keeping the cobra R's on the car, I love em to death as does everyone else that sees them.....After the body is done, I might dig into the engine a little, but if not, when the V6 craps out you can look for a 4.6 V8 swap or even a 302 going into the engine bay along with new brakes, tranny, rear end, etc....

(edit: ignore some of the mustang talk about saleen's and roush's in the post and the body part descriptions, I posted this on another forum first and then copied it, they don't know much about mustangs )

Sucks that you got hit...............again! I hope it doesnt happen again but if it does i d garage the stang and buy a beater if you can afford to do something like that. I hope you filed a report or something about that truck that hit you at school. Did you get his insurance info? If not i hope there was a big explosion where that truck use to be. Damn Chevys! Sorry about your stang though. I hope all your plans work out. Sounds like it will be pretty bad ass when its done. I just hope it doenst invite another disaster.

Ryan

PS how much you asking on the mach 1 chin spoiler?
    http://coolornaments.gotstang.com/ www.mustangwomen.com

The chinny will be coming off after I have received my new Stage 3 fascia which have yet to be ordered

I plan on doing the Stage 3 fascia and side skirts first which will be in two weeks after I get paid again....I need to travel down to ford and talk to my buddy Jason since he is a head service tech and see what kinda ordering plan etc we can work out and how long the parts will take to prep, paint and install since he will probably let me use his lifts to install the parts....

So probably like 3 weeks to a month I will pull the chinny off the car and sell it....probably ask around 50 bucks or so, obviously its negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlueStang
    The chinny will be coming off after I have received my new Stage 3 fascia which have yet to be ordered

I plan on doing the Stage 3 fascia and side skirts first which will be in two weeks after I get paid again....I need to travel down to ford and talk to my buddy Jason since he is a head service tech and see what kinda ordering plan etc we can work out and how long the parts will take to prep, paint and install since he will probably let me use his lifts to install the parts....

So probably like 3 weeks to a month I will pull the chinny off the car and sell it....probably ask around 50 bucks or so, obviously its negotiable
    Well keep me in mind when you pull it off. I want first dibs on it. Thanks

Ryan
    http://coolornaments.gotstang.com/ www.mustangwomen.com

sold when I pull it off Rwest...I have a friend at UPS who I can ship it through as well...I'll let ya know when it gets pulled off the car...comes with all the hardware as well .....oh, and its never been bottomed out either lol in case you were wondering.....but if you want my catalytic converters...well thats another story

i dont like the xenon rear bumper at all...

the rest looks fine though...
    GSM#0004

You KNOW what I think about your front bumper decision!!

2002 Mineral Grey Roush Stage II -#8012

Id do a full Roush setup on it but its going to take too much time and cost too much to redo the exhaust system on the car for side exit....Even though that is ultimately what I would love to do is a Full Roush kit with the side pipes.....

Here is what is for sale guys:
    Mach 1 chin spoiler (on hold for Rwest)
    16" Stock Mustang Bright Allow wheels with tires ($400 with tires 60% tread)
    Stock Mustang Headlights housings (black housings) ($120)
    Stock Mustang Tail Light Assembly ($75)
    Mustang Antenna ($10)
    Stock Mustang Shifter ($50 with shift knob)
    Mustang Front Fascia, needs repainting ($75)
    Mustang Side Skirts ($125)
    Mustang Side Scoops ($100)

Here is what I am putting on the car:
    Roush Stage 3 front fascia with fog lights and wiring harness (459.99 +paint)
    Xenon Side Skirts (229.9+paint)
    Xenon Rear fascia (299.99+paint)
    Saleen S281 spoiler (199.99+paint)
    Saleen Louvered Side Scoops (159.99+paint)

update.....after some looking around I just cant give myself the go ahead to buy the Xenon rear bumper and after looking at some pictures of the 360R and 380R roushes I really like the clean look without the body lines of the Xenon kit....I saw another person who did a Roush Stage 2 front with the xenon sides and rear and was well....I didnt like it lets just say....

Here is what I am going to do:
    Roush Stage 3 front fascia and fog light set....Already ordered the wiring harness and switch online and it is being shipped

Saleen S281 1 piece wing with 3rd brake light...

What do you guys think of that instead of the Xenon sides and rear......So instead im just going with the Roush S3 front and Saleen spoiler.....what are your reactions?

Thread Information