gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up What made you get a stang?

Figured this would be a cool convo. So why did you get your stang and not another car?

the reason i got a stang:

I had worked on a camaro all threw highschool. It was a 96 polo green v6. The time i got done with it, it was over 400 hp in a LS1 crate engine. I went for a ride in my buddies 01 GT and fell in love with the way they hooked up and the over all feel for it. So i moved to FL and it was time to pick out a new car. So i said i wanted a Saleen and before long i was getting that feeling i had from that one ride every day. Even though i wish i had another camaro and i come from a die hard chevy family (Would not let me park my stang in the drive way) I love my stang and hope i always own one.

Your turn.......
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

autosoundandperformance

I WANTED A REAL CAR LOL

Drove my brothers 1996 248a GT with no power options v6 seats and bolt ons. Was very fun to drive so I started looking for one too. Looked at a bunch of 1994-1998 GT's and most were beat. Went online did some research and realized 94-98 GT's ran the same 1/4 times as 99+ V6s so I started looking for v6s. Found this one for $4000 in a bank repo lot. Went to look at it and it looked like new. No mods ran perfect. 70k miles at the time. Picked it up and paid cash (no payments rock). Bought blackouts on the way home, had some rock chips on the bumper from highway use so i bought a cobra r front. Modding it ever since. Last year decided to sell it and go for a v8 but couldnt let it go to a 16 year old kid. FL =any sign of street racing is now a felony so I kept the v6 so I wont even be tempted. Raced on a few dead ends thought and beat 3 94-96 GT's. 2 verts 1 coupe. Coupe was auto, one vert was manual one was auto. Hung with the manual vert. Hopefully keep a mustang in the garage for ever, id like to explore the TT route with the v6 one day.
    Roman

Its slow, but at least its paid for :crazy:

I had an 89 ford ranger, custom painted in high school, loved that truck, swore i would never get rid of it, then I went on the Mustangs Across America cruise from LA to Nashville for the 40th anniversary celebration with my dad in his 2000 mustang, somewhere between LA and Nashville I decided I absolutely had to ditch the truck and get a stang, hunted for two months for a good deal on a mustang I really wanted and ended up with my 2002
    "There are only two things I've ever been good at, racing cars and chasing *****." - Caroll Shelby

GSMC#29 Got Stang? Midnight Crew Baby!!!
    "Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting!" - Steve McQueen in Le Mans
    Gas is for cleaning parts...Alcohol is for Drinkin....Nitro is for Racing!!!
    When you drive a Ford you dont need a goodwrench!!

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

I was a huge Camaro fan 69-80 Era, had three, one 75, Hit a telophone pole, one 79 that I sold for $100 before leaving for Boot Camp, and another 79 that I got tired of and sold for $400. Cobra94 had been all over me for years about getting a stang, he was a huge stang nut ver since I can remember, I drove one of his GT's while still in High School and just loved the power. Finally after over 10 years of looking, buying, not buying, buying again, and not buying again, I ended up with my 93 LX 5.0 Vert. I was originally on the hunt for a 93 Cobra or a Notch, but when I saw my car I couldn't pass it up. My first Stang was 11 years old but practically brand new with only 6500 original miles. I want a 94 or up Cobra though, maybe in another 10 years.
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

Well...

My wife had a vert stang when we met. Got rid of it and a couple years later I got a 89GT...That got stolen. Years go by and i get a great job offer. So I decided I wanted a vert. Originally was looking into a Mitsubi-Eclipse 98-99 Vert GST/GSX. Found one at a dealership. Next day started the journey.............

I left home and went to the Chevy dealer to look at a Camaro SS vert. OK , and $$ was not too bad. Not overly impressed with what they had. Called wife to discuss the $$ of the camaro and she said it was ok to buy it,But I had to promise to go look at a stang vert.

So I left the Chevy place and headed to ford. All the time not planning on getting a ford. Remember I was after the eclipse. Get to the Ford dealer and the sales guys are on my like flies on bad meat. I tell the guy I want to see a Midnight Blue or Laser red Vert with Black top and charcol interrior. If they had we would talk if not I am outta there. SO we walked the entire lot looking for what I asked for...None to be found. Then he mentions he dose have a Laser Red vert in a ROUSH package...Saw it and liked what I saw. Few hours later I drove it home. Since then it has been the bain of my modding talents.

The ride home from the dealership is another story.

./M@
    2K Stg2 Roush Vert S/C 430/440
    I am not a Psycho...But I play one on a PC!

Legendary:
    It's like if a cobra and a saleen had a kid, it grew up, and kicked the sh*t out of it's parents, this is what it would look like.

I liked it just by the looks of it. I started liking them when I was about 15, and then in 99 when the new body style came out, I had to have one! So I traded in my Tbird when I was 19 and got my 01 V6
    But now I am looking for a GT
    bye bye V6, hello Mach 1

Token Camaro Lover ClintEastwood's Avatar

chicks dig them.

the end.
    White 1998 V6 Mustang
    Mods: Gotstang? stickers

I dont want to be reduced to driving some sort of econobox trash while my blown Mustang waits at home in the driveway - Jim Campisano, editor of MM&FF Magazine
    THANKS TO HMONGS SISTER FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!!!

Nick, great idea for a thread!!!

I have to say, I'm not necessarily a diehard Ford guy.. I love american muscle cars! I've owned several over the years including a red 64 Impala SS, Silver 70 Cutless 442 and a dark green 68 Barracuda. I'd own a 68 Camaro in a HEARTBEAT! <-no pun intended.
    I want a 'project' car and my hopes are to find either a 67-68 mustang fastback or a camaro of the same years.

As far as the late model cars out there, Mustang rules! Chevy dropped the ball!! BUT next year the new camaros are coming out and word is there's also a super high performance chevelle coming too! BOTH are supposed to be a late 60's 'type' design, like what Ford did with the 05 Stangs!
    They should be interesting! Hopefully they won't follow in the footsteps of the GTO...

Nick, YOU'VE been to the Rod Run! I know without even talking to you about it, that you'd LOVE to have a 69 chevelle!!!! lol I would too!
    I wish I could go there with a huge trailer and bring home a chevelle, a mustang, a camaro and a roadrunner!
    I'll always love Mustangs! I'm a BIG FAN! My 03 is my second mustang. before my 03 I owned a 97 cobra. I wish I could've afforded to keep it AND buy the 03! My sights are set on the 07 Shelby Mustang 500GT...

Here's my 'former' 97 SVT Mustang

i bought mine because i have a thing for white chicks

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

I always wanted my brother's stang, but I ended up with a camaro.I got beat by a stang and traded in the camaro 2 days later on an 86gt.

Quote Originally Posted by CallawayGT
    I always wanted my brother's stang, but I ended up with a camaro.I got beat by a stang and traded in the camaro 2 days later on an 86gt.
    BAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad u're on the faster side now

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

Gotstang? Newbie!

I wouldn't own rice if someone paid me. Been that way my whole life. I remember in high school when kids were embarassed and wouldn't admit it if their parents owned a Honda. Oh the good old days.
    Oh well, my 3rd or 4th car was a stang, a '70 Mach, and I've had Mustangs ever since. Still have that Mach...., and others.

Quote Originally Posted by GT-STMC
    I wouldn't own rice if someone paid me. Been that way my whole life. I remember in high school when kids were embarassed and wouldn't admit it if their parents owned a Honda. Oh the good old days.
    Oh well, my 3rd or 4th car was a stang, a '70 Mach, and I've had Mustangs ever since. Still have that Mach...., and others.
    got any pics?
    -Black '03 GT

camero's are for rednecks (trans-am's and firebirds too for that matter)

corvette's are for men w/ small pee-pee's

viper's are too expensive

ford came out with a new body style for the stang

got a good deal
    2002 GMC Yukon

Pair of Cadence Triplex 2-ohm 12” Subwoofers
    Custom “Built To Spec” Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure
    Cadence Amadeus 1000w Digital Mono Block Subwoofer Amplifier
    Orion 4004 4-channel Amplifier
    Set of Cadence Ultrashock 5.25” Component Speakers
    Set of Focal Access 165A Component Speakers
    Cadence Ultrashock 1.2 Farad Capacitor
    Cadence Fuseblock
    Cadence In-Line 100 Amp Circuit Breaker
    Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3 KTC-SR902 Head Unit w/ SIRIUS Satellite Radio

1999 Mustang GT Vert 5spd

4.10 Gears
    CAI
    FRPP "King Cobra" Clutch

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

I have been wrenching on stangs since 86' and at the time I was working at the ford garage, the gt 350 stangs that were out from the 84 year and the svo turbos were hitting the streets.My friend had bought the new fi 302 gt that ford put out and that's all it took for me. I would ride in that car all the time and the more I road in it the more I fell in love.
    My wife and I have owned 7 stangs since then and come next fall number 8 will be added.
    Between my father and I we have owned a total of 400 cars to date. My favorit has always been a stang!

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

I got sick of waiting for my Nissan 350Z that I had on order to come in. I was on the waiting list for 8 months and finally got sick of waiting. There wasn't any other sports cars out really at that point, so I got the Stang.
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

gotstang owns

I grew up listing to my dads stories about his 69 fastback and how much fun it was. Then hearing my brothers stories about the two 67's he had made me kinda think about it. Then i went to the turkey rod run in fl with my uncle in his 66 made me want one even more. Then my friend came over with his 2001 roush vert and that made me just have to have one ( a vert at that). I guess i was just surrounded by them. I also didnt want some rice like every other kid at my school. So about 6 months later i got mine which is a 2002 vert v6. But im hoping to get a gt or cobra after college.

Good stuff. A waiting list for a 350Z thats a oxymoron. ha ha j/k my dad owned a 68 or a 69 can not remember which but that was the car that my uncle cut his teeth on as a mechanic and from all of the pictures that i have seen and the stories that i have heard i have to say that i wish i had that car or one like it.
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

I'll leave u in the dust

I bought mine because i love the way a 5.o sounded like and that my godfather was restoring it and i knew that it was going to be hot so i bought it.

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by My Cobra
    Figured this would be a cool convo. So why did you get your stang and not another car?

the reason i got a stang:

I had worked on a camaro all threw highschool. It was a 96 polo green v6. The time i got done with it, it was over 400 hp in a LS1 crate engine. I went for a ride in my buddies 01 GT and fell in love with the way they hooked up and the over all feel for it. So i moved to FL and it was time to pick out a new car. So i said i wanted a Saleen and before long i was getting that feeling i had from that one ride every day. Even though i wish i had another camaro and i come from a die hard chevy family (Would not let me park my stang in the drive way) I love my stang and hope i always own one.

Your turn.......

a few examples of why i want one. it's pretty much obvious.

*~Photographer. Writer. Director. Producer. Cobra Lover~*
    I guess you can say I am half owner of
    The ChromaLusion Snake
    1999 Cobra build #3568
    Being a director is one of the hardest jobs to do. It may look easy but it's not.
    There are 1000 things that can go right.
    But only 1 thing that can go wrong to fuck up the entire film.

-Rob Zombie-

Gotstang? Regular

I was actually looking for an affordable convertable then ended up getting a hardtop 97 v6

Then I was looking for a vert GT for a while and ended up with a coupe again

Just more affordable and better performance. But I originally wanted a nice little sporty car to get around in. Then I went off the deep end lol
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?
    Add a few letters to VTEC and it's pretty cool.... VorTECh

Cool

why i got a mustang
    well its kind of funny i have always owned chevys and my dad always owned fords well when it became time to get a new car i went and test drove a 98 cadilac elderado but needed a co signer parents had before told me no sports cars.ok so i show the cadilac to my parents and of course they say no insurance would be to high so ok just joking around i said i was going to go test drive a mustang they said fine whatever thinking i would not get one well i drove it for a week test drive and fell in love it had better handiling then any camaro or trans am i had ever owned not a big ford fan but i love my mustang and will always own one they rock

GOTSTANG RULES

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Cobra
    Good stuff. A waiting list for a 350Z thats a oxymoron. ha ha j/k my dad owned a 68 or a 69 can not remember which but that was the car that my uncle cut his teeth on as a mechanic and from all of the pictures that i have seen and the stories that i have heard i have to say that i wish i had that car or one like it.
    When the 350Z was first released, waiting lists were over a year long. I was offered to get someone elses car a couple different times when they didn't pick it up, but dealerships wanted 10k over MSRP.
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

Gotstang? Regular thunderbolt64's Avatar

My next door neighbor had a '65 Fastback. I was only 11 or 12 at the time. I thought that was one of the coolest cars in the world. From then on, I always wanted a Mustang. Between the wife and I, we have two now. The '89, and the '66.

Thread Information