gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com

Default Stats broken down... good or bad?

I ranked a ton of people today. I had multiple windows open at once. This evening I come back to find that someone (who shall remain nameless) had confronted me about the rank I gave them. It must have been a mistake because it was a better car than the rank I gave them but they seemed pretty pissed off.

1. How can we be honest when they can see our scores? I assume he found it by clicking stats on his webpage next to his name and doing the math to see which category went up. I didn't know about this feature and once I looked at mine it really depressed me. I had a ton of below 5s.

2. Who would have the ***** to confront someone because they didn't like the rank they gave? I wouldn't. But then again I wouldn't look and do the math every time someone said they ranked me.

I'm sure I made a mistake because it was a 7 and this guys car is better than that. I vote for it regularly in face offs. So I must have confused two while doing too many at one time. But geez. He was pretty ticked.

Just when I was trying to take this site more lightly.

I wouldn't worry about it. As far as going back and asking for a better rank. That's in poor taste in my eyes. I understand you made an honest mistake, but if you rank someone a low score.... All that means is that the car just isn't for you for some reason or another. Don't worry about it. Blow it off.

Later,
    Charlie

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

I totally agree Wendy, we're ranking based off of taste in most cases. I vote off of my love foe stangs. blow the below 5's off. They're prob. just V8 guy's pissed cuz you have as blower
    Qoute - Country Club Owner: We had a deal that you'd be good
    Me: [after driving down a roller coaster hill in golf cart slamming on
    the brakes and going sideways] That wasn't very good

Lord I apologize for owning Camaro's, and be with the starving pigmies down there in New Quinea, Amen

I'll leave u in the dust

Who ever said that should be out of their minds! You made a mistake an honest one!

1990 GT 25th Anniversary

a vote is a vote, and your right is to vote anyway you want mistake or not. Nobody has the right to come back and question it. Whats next? Let me guess this guy was from Florida right?

Ryan
    http://coolornaments.gotstang.com/ www.mustangwomen.com

Nope not from FL. And yeah he is a v8 with blower.
    Yeah I wouldn't come back on someone who voted low on me. I mean I feel bad about the below 5 votes I have but seriously, there are days I would have rated my own car below 5! (The 6er when we were deep in our project.) I look at Charlie's votes (who I consider to have one of the best cars on the site -although I am pretty partial to 95's ) and he has some below 5's. I guess you sometimes either love something or hate it. I also feel bad because even though I might not have given this guy the 7, I don't think it's a 10 either - not because it isn't a great car, but maybe it isn't a 10 to me. Now I am under the gun to have J change the vote.

Put Up Or Shut Up!

It doesn't matter. Some just rank to rank so #1 they get a point for ranking (if you notice it defaults at 3 so I am sure some members just hit submit witch gives you a 3) #2 So you will see they ranked you and hope you rank them back (same about the default 3 rank) #3 and the last reason for the low rank is...they just didn't dig your car. Don't cry about it. Some have diff. taste. But what you hould be paying attention to is your avg. rank from each member that is what counts over all. And if you have time to do the math...then get a life...go outside and do something. Put your calculator away and go do some hunt pics! Seriously Wendy...not meaning to be stern or trying to hurt your feelings but honestly your gonna get some ranks from members that are lower than they should but you are also gonna get some ranks from members higher than you should. For instance I have had people give me 10's...I have a nice car but not a 10. How can I get a 10 and Charlie's also get a 10? We are most deff. not in the same class. I appreciate the 10's but don't think I deserve them but I will take them as they make up for the dick wads that give out ranks of 3 and 4 etc. Hope this helps.

I agree Storm. I have gotten low votes and I have gotten some very high votes, (which is very humbling for me). I personal think that sometimes things get taken out of context. This site is for having fun, meeting and talking to new people. All of which have the same love for the same vehicle The Mustang. So lets get back to the fun of things.

10s should be extremely hard to come by. For instance, when I'm looking at a car, a 10 for me is imagining myself in the seat and receiving tons of attention. Can't do that with a mildly modified car, or evenly one that is purely fast. In my book, I'd take a stylish car over a fast car anyday. Nobody can "look" at your car and tell it's fast. And by the time you blow by them, it's too late for you to receive attention. But, hey, that's personal preference. Some dudes on here look at my V6 and probably laugh. But I look at their GT and see "cookie-cutter" and 1000 more like'em on the road. But he's looking at speed and I'm looking at unique style. My favorite cars on this site are the 38L and the FlamedGT (there's another one too). Why? Cause I love flame paint jobs. Plus, I know they take infinitely more time, more money, etc., then throwing in rear differentials or putting on a blower. No creativity in that. But there is in flames. So my criteria is going to be different than another guy who just blows off a V6 cause it is a V6. I can tell you though, where I've put my money, if I would have alternated it into the engine, my car would be ALOT faster. But that's what I wanted to do. And every once in a while, I but something under the hood In the end Wendy, I love your V6, because of the teal paintjob among other things. How cool is that? Who else has anything like it (except Laguna)? Even so, what? Is it two cars out of thousands??? You rock! And don't forget the tons of guest who visit this site who just make random votes. Why is it two people can go into a theatre, see the same thing, and have vastly differing opinions. Cause God made us that way! We're all unique

Quote Originally Posted by storm7127
    Seriously Wendy...not meaning to be stern or trying to hurt your feelings but honestly your gonna get some ranks from members that are lower than they should but you are also gonna get some ranks from members higher than you should.
    I think you missed my point. My point was, I can't believe that someone confronted me pissed off because they didn't get as high a rank as they wanted from me. Maybe they should hear your lecture about getting a life. I don't give a rats butt what anyone thinks of mine. I like it and that's that. Good points about the default being 3. Maybe that does have something to do with it.

Gotstang? Regular

What about taking half of a blower kit and building up the rest of it with custom parts that you made yourself or had to purchase from various locations?
    GotStang??

Black 2001 GT 5-speed
    Does having a pair of 2.3L 4cyl's and something shaped like a snail bolted to my engine make me slow?
    Add a few letters to VTEC and it's pretty cool.... VorTECh

Gotstang? Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rwest75
    a vote is a vote, and your right is to vote anyway you want mistake or not. Nobody has the right to come back and question it. Whats next? Let me guess this guy was from Florida right?

Ryan
    I agree. What's the big deal worrying about the votes? We should be using this wonderful website to share our cars, photos, information and ideas with each other. Shouldn't we be bad mouthing the rice burners and those guys in their Chevy's rather than each other?

Thread Information