gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Anyone Interested in Custom Painted Interior Parts?

I've been painting interior parts for some time now and was wondering if anyone would be interested in having me paint their parts? I use my airbrush and Sikkens automotive paint (no spray cans here!) and finish every piece with a good clear coat, every part is finished to be show quality.

As far as prices go, I was thinking I'd charge for the paint supplies (price based off of color code, shouldn't run more than $20 for most factory colors) and then a per piece price ($10-$40) for labor. I don't have any photos to post right now, but I'll be finished with my mustang parts I am doing later today and can get pictures to you by request.

Turn around time on parts wouldn't run more than 2 weeks. Thanks for reading

Quote Originally Posted by Floored
    I've been painting interior parts for some time now and was wondering if anyone would be interested in having me paint their parts? I use my airbrush and Sikkens automotive paint (no spray cans here!) and finish every piece with a good clear coat, every part is finished to be show quality.

As far as prices go, I was thinking I'd charge for the paint supplies (price based off of color code, shouldn't run more than $20 for most factory colors) and then a per piece price ($10-$40) for labor. I don't have any photos to post right now, but I'll be finished with my mustang parts I am doing later today and can get pictures to you by request.

Turn around time on parts wouldn't run more than 2 weeks. Thanks for reading
    Do you tint tail lights?

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by J
    Do you tint tail lights?
    Hey long time no see

Maybe - haven't done any for about 6 years, the only set I did turned out really nice though. Tell you what, I have been planning to tint the ones off my stang this week so let me see how they turn out and I'll get back to ya

I thought that was a good idea.. 40. is a little steep considering alot of the pieces arent that big. Would you put a clearcoat on each piece also? I would do it if 20. for paint and 10. for each piece painted. I am looking to get the center console and each door done. I could also post pics of all your work when your done. I'm over here in Davis so let me know.

For Sale: My 2001 Mustang GT 10,500.

Updated 12/17/06 http://01GTType.gotstang.com

if it looks good I can advertise for you

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 01GTType
    I thought that was a good idea.. 40. is a little steep considering alot of the pieces arent that big. Would you put a clearcoat on each piece also? I would do it if 20. for paint and 10. for each piece painted. I am looking to get the center console and each door done. I could also post pics of all your work when your done. I'm over here in Davis so let me know.
    He's kinda getting screwed for $10 bucks, prep time, cleaning and prepping in between color and clear coat, plus equipment. He's spending time on your parts give the guy a break

its a girl

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    He's kinda getting screwed for $10 bucks, prep time, cleaning and prepping in between color and clear coat, plus equipment. He's spending time on your parts give the guy a break
    Well to me it looks like shes just starting out. I usually don't trust anyone with my car. What I'm saying is with being new and not having a portfolio of her work than thats what I'm would like to pay. I would pay 20.00 per part thats not a problem if I see some past done jobs. I guess I should have put her name so that way she knew I was talking to her and not anyone trying to bud in.
    Last edited by 01GTType; 05-03-2005 at 03:08 PM.

I have done over 20 stangs and Rangers in the past year. I said I will have photos to post once the set I am doing is done, I had photos of other parts from before but because of a virus I lost everything I had saved on my harddrive so I have to rebuild my portfolio. If your not comfortable having someone else touch your car then I guess your better off waiting until you find someone you trust or do the work yourself. I will have my car at the Apex show on the 14th if you would like to see my work in person.

My rates are $10-$40 per piece which is reasonable for the amount of work involved, The paint used is billed by actual cost. I spend a lot of time prepping parts so they turn out right and I don't cut corners or use cheap products so my rates are non negotiable, it's not worth my time to be honest to do it for less.

Thanks for your intrest though

i hope that stang in ur signature isn't real

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

Quote Originally Posted by Hmongstang
    i hope that stang in ur signature isn't real
    What you don't like my car?

WTF i just noticed u're from sac............. bahahaha once i fix up my stang, we should have a cruise or something

"I use Castrol GTX on my girlfriend, and I use the high mileage Castrol on my older ladies. Its an excellent lube"

Well to me it looks like shes just starting out. I usually don't trust anyone with my car. What I'm saying is with being new and not having a portfolio of her work than thats what I'm would like to pay. I would pay 20.00 per part thats not a problem if I see some past done jobs. I guess I should have put her name so that way she knew I was talking to her and not anyone trying to bud in.
    pardon me, Dick, Oh sorry pardon me 01GTTYPE, I did'nt want noone butting in.

HAhahahaha, what a queer..

c'mon guys, can't we all just get along ...lol
    -Black '03 GT

I think I stopped calling people queer in 7th grade as far as being , you keep telling yourself that and someday you'll feel better about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangfreak123
    c'mon guys, can't we all just get along ...lol
    Mustangfreak123, I've taken it to a PM, He's got the issue with me, here and in another post. Sorry

I think I stopped calling people queer in 7th grade as far as being , you keep telling yourself that and someday you'll feel better about yourself.
    Your right, my bad..

Your right, my bad..
    Everything's cool, it's resolved we're cool.

that 05 mustang in your sig better be a photoshop or someone must pay
    -Black '03 GT

WTF i just noticed u're from sac............. bahahaha once i fix up my stang, we should have a cruise or something
    yeah sure

Are you on any local message boards?

yeah sure

Are you on any local message boards?
    ohhh no, I only post on GS

ohhh no, I only post on GS
    Well there are a few good ones woth checking out, in fact a few of them are holding local shows and/or cruises that are def. worth going to.

http://cafords.com
    http://westcoastfords.com
    http://sacstangs.com

My rates are $10-$40 per piece which is reasonable for the amount of work involved, The paint used is billed by actual cost. I spend a lot of time prepping parts so they turn out right and I don't cut corners or use cheap products so my rates are non negotiable, it's not worth my time to be honest to do it for less.
    ive been prepping my interior pieces for paint and let me tell ya its a pain in the ass! Im painting the AC/Heater vents, side window defrosters and the billet aluminum e brake handle ( cause it had some bad scuffs and i wanted it yellow) anyway her prices are pretty cheap. Ive spent hours sanding and learning what to do and not do. I was having a hard time with the side window defrosters despite a very thourough cleaning and sanding. I finally got them right, everytime i painted them there would be spots that would not hold paint and i kept having to re sand it down and start over. I m no pro so i dont have a spray gun or airbrush. I use Krylon Fusion sunbeam Yellow paint for plastic. I didnt use any primer on those pieces. I got smart and decided to use primer on the AC/ heater and front windshiled defroster vent though. They are primed right now. Here are the pics of what i got so far, except the side window defroster vents. Those are at work. i ll bring them home tomorrow. and post pics.

Ryan

edit. On the e brake handle i didnt use the Krylon. I used primer and yellow Rustoleum spray paint. I still have to west sand it and put black stripes in the 3 rings on the handle. after it dried i had to put it on to see how it would look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00678.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00679.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	103  
    Last edited by Rwest75; 05-09-2005 at 08:44 AM.
    http://coolornaments.gotstang.com/ www.mustangwomen.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rwest75
    ive been prepping my interior pieces for paint and let me tell ya its a pain in the ass! Im painting the AC/Heater vents, side window defrosters and the billet aluminum e brake handle ( cause it had some bad scuffs and i wanted it yellow) anyway her prices are pretty cheap. Ive spent hours sanding and learning what to do and not do. I was having a hard time with the side window defrosters despite a very thourough cleaning and sanding. I finally got them right, everytime i painted them there would be spots that would not hold paint and i kept having to re sand it down and start over. I m no pro so i dont have a spray gun or airbrush. I use Krylon Fusion sunbeam Yellow paint for plastic. I didnt use any primer on those pieces. I got smart and decided to use prime on the AC/ heater and front windshiled defroster vent though. They are primed right now. Here are the pics of what i got so far, except the side window defroster vents. Those are at work. i ll bring them home tomorrow. and post pics.

Ryan

edit. On the e brake handle i didnt use the Krylon. I used primer and yellow Rustoleum spray paint. I still have to west sand it and put black stripes in the 3 rings on the handle. after it dried i had to put it on to see how it would look.
    Ryan I want to see you paint the sneakers yellow

Ryan I want to see you paint the sneakers yellow
    Zinc yellow or chrome yellow?

Ryan
    http://coolornaments.gotstang.com/ www.mustangwomen.com

Thread Information