gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Default Cobra94 and I were talking

We got together last night, and as expected Gotstang came up as it should. We both were on the same page, which again usually happens, almost to the T without even knowing what the others plan is. Really scary.
    Any way we got to thinking that the ranking system that is in place doesn't rank our rides, it ranks the member, If I rank someone, or if I vote in a face-off I get points, My car doesn't I do for actively participating on the website. Like Dan says you've got somone that has a say 2004 Roush, or Saleen, but his rankings are in the toilet, but someone can have a mildly modified car and be in the top 20 because he's done quite a bit of the hunts and has voted in face-offs and so on.
    Why can't we have two ranking systems, one that ranks the cars, based off of rankings given to our cars. Then have a seperate ranking for members. I don't know just a suggestion. Maybe just change the highest ranked car to Highest ranked member.

i like cobra94... he plays my beats on his webpage.
    2002 GMC Yukon

Pair of Cadence Triplex 2-ohm 12” Subwoofers
    Custom “Built To Spec” Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure
    Cadence Amadeus 1000w Digital Mono Block Subwoofer Amplifier
    Orion 4004 4-channel Amplifier
    Set of Cadence Ultrashock 5.25” Component Speakers
    Set of Focal Access 165A Component Speakers
    Cadence Ultrashock 1.2 Farad Capacitor
    Cadence Fuseblock
    Cadence In-Line 100 Amp Circuit Breaker
    Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3 KTC-SR902 Head Unit w/ SIRIUS Satellite Radio

1999 Mustang GT Vert 5spd

4.10 Gears
    CAI
    FRPP "King Cobra" Clutch

Be Afraid, Very Afraid ComputerGuy's Avatar

I agree totally. My car should not even be in the top 20. I just participate alot, the Hunts, etc. There are alot of other great looking cars that deserve to be higher ranked than I am

LOL eazy. I get what you are saying about the ranks though. Its true. Take me for example my car has a few special things but it not that great but i am on the forms chating and sending messages a lot and things liek that so people vote for you in the face offs and i do the hunt stuff and pretty much i am one of the peopel that are up there in the top but i am there becuase of the peopel that i talk to and such not becuase of my car. We need a ranking system that shows the car not the person.
    2000 White Mustang GT Twin Turbo T/3 T/4 380HP 470TQ = Nuff Said

Sold:
    1999 Chromalusion Cobra
    2000 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by _eazy_
    i like cobra94... he plays my beats on his webpage.
    I've known him for like 15 years now we met in highschool, we caused a lot of problems for the teachers. He's a cool shit, I owe my love of Mustangs to him, I was a Camaro guy before, I drove his stang and fell in love.

Computer Guy, I say you deserve to be where you are as a top ranked member, You've done a lot with your car and you deserve props there as well, don't sell yourself short, but it's nice to know that someone else agrees with us.

Quote Originally Posted by My Cobra
    LOL eazy. I get what you are saying about the ranks though. Its true. Take me for example my car has a few special things but it not that great but i am on the forms chating and sending messages a lot and things liek that so people vote for you in the face offs and i do the hunt stuff and pretty much i am one of the peopel that are up there in the top but i am there becuase of the peopel that i talk to and such not becuase of my car. We need a ranking system that shows the car not the person.

No way dude I think Your car rocks, I am very partial to the mystic paint, for me the car would have to be nice to get my vote over you.

Supreme Thread Hijacker stalker's Avatar

I agree. I personally don't spend nearly as much time online anymore, so I'm not able to vote and do those kinds of things to get points... which is why my car has dropped out of the top 50.
    2003 Mustang GT
    It's a brick.

2002 Bonneville SLE Daily driver

Holy Shit that sig is old. Car looks nothing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stalker
    I agree. I personally don't spend nearly as much time online anymore, so I'm not able to vote and do those kinds of things to get points... which is why my car has dropped out of the top 50.

Which is totally crazy, cause your car is freakin nice, there's a lot of work put into it.

Now we just need to get J to go for it.

I agree as well....my car is beating out Roush's, Saleens, steeda's and other custom cars....haha YEA RIGHT, I may have put a lot of time into my car, but its still a V6 that nowhere compares to those other rides

I have been working on this for last the week... I will have a breakdown of where all your points come from... and yes that will be changed to highest ranked member.. and we will have a highest ranked car (car ranks only).

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

J you are F'n spot on. No wonder we all like you so much.

Gotstang? Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 02BlueStang
    I agree as well....my car is beating out Roush's, Saleens, steeda's and other custom cars....haha YEA RIGHT, I may have put a lot of time into my car, but its still a V6 that nowhere compares to those other rides
    just because it's a 6 doesnt mean its not a nice ride

passin with gas!
    www.autosoundandperformance.com
    www.spadekreations.com
    www.granddesignmats.com
    cadence audio

KromeandKolor.com

Gotstang? Newbie!

Good work J, I agree, my stock GT shouldn't be in the top 30! It does make me feel better about it being stock and above all those modded cars though!!

Quote Originally Posted by J
    I have been working on this for last the week... I will have a breakdown of where all your points come from... and yes that will be changed to highest ranked member.. and we will have a highest ranked car (car ranks only).

i like bein up around the top 50 and sometimes i get into the top 50, but it isn't fair b/c their are tons of better cars on this site. sweetstang for example, this car is freakin insane and it is ranked like number 110 last time i looked, i think it should be up there with onebad95, coopdog21, and other bada** rides like them! i support cobra94 and 93ramvert's idea
    -Black '03 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    We got together last night, and as expected Gotstang came up as it should. We both were on the same page, which again usually happens, almost to the T without even knowing what the others plan is. Really scary.
    Any way we got to thinking that the ranking system that is in place doesn't rank our rides, it ranks the member, If I rank someone, or if I vote in a face-off I get points, My car doesn't I do for actively participating on the website. Like Dan says you've got somone that has a say 2004 Roush, or Saleen, but his rankings are in the toilet, but someone can have a mildly modified car and be in the top 20 because he's done quite a bit of the hunts and has voted in face-offs and so on.
    Why can't we have two ranking systems, one that ranks the cars, based off of rankings given to our cars. Then have a seperate ranking for members. I don't know just a suggestion. Maybe just change the highest ranked car to Highest ranked member.
    Tom you’re the man. U know how I think it should be set up. But I’d prob would have never brought it up.

As most can see. I haven’t participated in the hunt. Parking your car in front of something doesn’t make it better than a car that truly deserves to be in the top ten. What is GREAT about the hunt is, its get members out and about in their stang, to drive it, to have fun with it, to enjoy it. By not joining the hunt, I wanted to see how my car would hold up in the rankings. But there is one flaw in that. just by participating on the site I throw my own numbers outta of wack. Like 93ramvert and I were talking about there should be 2 sets of rankings. car status and member status. even suggesting/changing this I know it will throw me me outta the top 10 or even the top 20. but it makes the most sence.

Quote Originally Posted by MTXpro
    Good work J, I agree, my stock GT shouldn't be in the top 30! It does make me feel better about it being stock and above all those modded cars though!!
    i feel the same way about mine. i was #2 for a long while. but I didnt realy belong there. it felt good tho

what about the winning face off points? that has to do with the car (or at least it should) were should those points be added? member rank or car rank?

Dan are you talking to yourself again, Just please don't answer back.

I think face-off should goto the car side although in a way it will be based of again the popularity of the players. But I think it needs to go on the car side. Now all we need is for people to play nice with others and vote on the Best CAR and not the member.

And you don't have to tell me I'm the man I know. I like the postings cause it's easier for me to explain how I feel on paper, Words and thoughts don't get mixed up that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    Dan are you talking to yourself again........
    yeah I must have been, it was late, well realy early in the AM.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Gotstang? Newbie!

OK so what all counts for car ranking and member ranking
    Car= Face offs and website rankings
    Member= All of it?

No. Car rankings are the points awarded when someone goes to your webpage and ranks you. Nothing else.

Put Up Or Shut Up!

I can find myself listed in the "Top Member" section...I see my points when I click on "my web page" but when I go to my "stats page" I don't see the point there either.

Also, if the points for the car ranking is based only on people ranking your car...the new people joining the site will be screwed. Even if they have the nicest stang even seen, imagin how long if ever it would take for them to catch up at 10 points at a time. Some of these guys have several thousand points. Not complaining...just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by storm7127
    I can find myself listed in the "Top Member" section...I see my points when I click on "my web page" but when I go to my "stats page" I don't see the point there either.

Also, if the points for the car ranking is based only on people ranking your car...the new people joining the site will be screwed. Even if they have the nicest stang even seen, imagin how long if ever it would take for them to catch up at 10 points at a time. Some of these guys have several thousand points. Not complaining...just a thought.
    Well... the more participation points you get... the higher up on the top members chart you make it.. thus more people will view your page.... Obviously the newer people are at a disadvantage no matter what... Think about it 2 years down the road.. they will be farrrrrrrr behind.. lol

Take Your Top Off!

I dont think the face offs should count on the car ranking,because everybody votes for their friends not the better car.

Thread Information