gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New suggestion..... Make face-off votes public?

I got a wonderful suggestion from an "anonymous gotstanger" and he/she suggested that when you vote for someone in a face-off their name goes under your name.. and make a sort of list...... this may help show whose voting for who.....

What does everyone think?

GSMC#10 (Got Stang? Midnight Crew)
    GSBMC#10 (Got Stang? Black Mustang Crew)

Quote Originally Posted by EdditGT
    dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol
    and cuz you're a sexy bitch....yeah!

in otherwords show who everyone that voted, voted for? Bad idea. then you get grudges. Say if someone asked me to vote, and I thought that the other car deserved to win, then I'm on that persons shit list.

This is in the wrong forum J. Keep this up, and I'm going to have to ban you.
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

Keep it private please.
    Black 2002 GT 5-spd

Performance: 2.5" Magnapacks / MGW Shifter (Blue Handle) / H&R Super Sport Lowering Springs / 4.10 Motive Performance Gears / MAC Offroad H-Pipe
    Appearance: Mach 1 Chin / Mach 1 Grill / 17x8 Chrome Bullits / SS Inserts / Tint

gotstang owns

yeah i think cody is right. you should keep this private

how about show who voted in that particular face-off but not who they voted for.

dude you're like the only online friend I have that I actually consider real cuz I've met you, hahaha lol

Quote Originally Posted by CODY2003
    in otherwords show who everyone that voted, voted for? Bad idea. then you get grudges. Say if someone asked me to vote, and I thought that the other car deserved to win, then I'm on that persons shit list.
    sorry, but i also have to agree with CODY2003
    -Black '03 GT

Quote Originally Posted by J
    how about show who voted in that particular face-off but not who they voted for.
    that's better, but I just don't know if it would add or take away. and that would still promote the "Why didn't you vote?" comments in guestbooks and such. just my 2cents.

I Gotstang!! Right Here!

It works the way it is.....Don't fix what ain't broken......

Quote Originally Posted by 04Saleen
    It works the way it is.....Don't fix what ain't broken......
    agreed. the only thing i would change is allowing people to take part in multiple face offs.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Rwest75
    agreed. the only thing i would change is allowing people to take part in multiple face offs.

Ryan
    some people can, not me
    -Black '03 GT

Mustang stuff for sale Stang Gurl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rwest75

Ryan
    I dont see it being a good idea either. Feelings may get hurt... I also agree that it would rock to be in more than one face off at a time... I hate the wait... maybe do a limit of like 5 face offs at a time or something... the way it is now is sort of a drag... its fun as hell but Im an impatient person lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Stang Gurl
    I dont see it being a good idea either. Feelings may get hurt... I also agree that it would rock to be in more than one face off at a time... I hate the wait... maybe do a limit of like 5 face offs at a time or something... the way it is now is sort of a drag... its fun as hell but Im an impatient person lol...
    Yeah and me being a dumb ass, set my last face off time to 48 hours. I saw several people i would have liked to go head to head with.

Ryan

One face off at a time is enough.
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

Mustang stuff for sale Stang Gurl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droptop2001GT
    One face off at a time is enough.
    Not to me. I am able to juggle one face off on gotstang where as I juggle 10 or more battles on RMR plus arenas... it would make it more fun to be able to face off in more than one... but maybe put a cap on it like up to 5... also, just an idea cause I know it pisses some people off when they get challenged and the face off is over before they knew they were in one, but maybe you could set up an email notification when you are challenged that goes directly to your registered email addy... just an idea.

Yea, got'a go with Cody on this one.. keep it private. Would cause problems as already mentioned for various reasons.

Love'n my 05 Stang
    Mustang-Sally.net
    Mods/Upgrades:
    Dealer installed upgraded passive security alarm, Professional window tint, K&N Filter, UPRP engine bay/interior dress up kits, 05 GT take-off exhaust muffler, Custom brushed aluminium 4.0 and 245 emblems & pony decals, self-installed Custom Hood stripes and blacked out rear (ala Mach 1), Hood scoop, Goodyear Eagle RWL 235/55R16, Custom GG Bailey floor mats, G-Tech/Pro RR Performance Meter
    On Order:
    SCT X-calibrator, MRT Rear Window 1-pc Louvers

Quote Originally Posted by Stang Gurl
    Not to me. I am able to juggle one face off on gotstang where as I juggle 10 or more battles on RMR plus arenas... it would make it more fun to be able to face off in more than one... but maybe put a cap on it like up to 5... also, just an idea cause I know it pisses some people off when they get challenged and the face off is over before they knew they were in one, but maybe you could set up an email notification when you are challenged that goes directly to your registered email addy... just an idea.
    I get an email when im in a face-off and a guestbook entry

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J
    I got a wonderful suggestion from an "anonymous gotstanger" and he/she suggested that when you vote for someone in a face-off their name goes under your name.. and make a sort of list...... this may help show whose voting for who.....

What does everyone think?
    How about instead of showing who voted or who voted for who, why not have a spot for saying why the person did or did'nt vote for either car. Maybe that could give all of us some feedback on what could be done better. It really should be about the car, and not a more popular member, I know it works that way but it still sucks. There's really nothing worse then losing to a car that didn't deserve the win. This goes like in car shows too (Someone brought this up in another thread) I've been up against some nice cars and some that aren't as nice as mine, but because he's more popular with the other people at the event he gets the win. I know I'm babbling.

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Default Just cause I'm dumb and can't spell

One other thing I just thought of what about J giving up maybe 2 points if the person voting actual goes to the website of the people in the face-off, or limit voting to having to go to each site before being able to vote and give more points for the extra effort. It might have a positive affect for the car that really deserves the win. O.K. I'm past my .02. I think maybe up to .10.

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    One other thing I just thought of what about J giving up maybe 2 points if the person voting actual goes to the website of the people in the face-off, or limit voting to having to go to each site before being able to vote and give more points for the extra effort. It might have a positive affect for the car that really deserves the win. O.K. I'm past my .02. I think maybe up to .10.
    Thats a possibilty.. I can have it not award any points if you didnt visit either of their pages....

I Gotstang!! Right Here!

How about instead of showing who voted or who voted for who, why not have a spot for saying why the person did or did'nt vote for either car. Maybe that could give all of us some feedback on what could be done better. It really should be about the car, and not a more popular member, I know it works that way but it still sucks. There's really nothing worse then losing to a car that didn't deserve the win. This goes like in car shows too (Someone brought this up in another thread) I've been up against some nice cars and some that aren't as nice as mine, but because he's more popular with the other people at the event he gets the win. I know I'm babbling.
    I like this idea VERY much.....Let there be a comment section that MUST be filled out upon voting for your choice. Let that be public.......Good idea Jim...

That is a very good idea

But what if you've been to the person's site 20 times before? Do I have to go look at it again?
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

I can set it up so it can look in the passed week.

forgive me if someone mentioned this already, but I'd like to see a box where if someone votes no they can say why.. To me, 'Fake/Insufficiant' is too general and there's probably lots of reasons why folks vote no. Could even make it mandatory that if one votes no they have to give a reason.

Just a thought...

Thread Information