gotstang.com forums logo
back to gotstang.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How about making it so the challenged member has to except the face-off instead of being dragged into it because you have enough points. That way if you don't think the face-off would be voted on fairly (meaning on the merits of your Stang) you can decline to participate. I just lost to a member who only has one Mustang pic on their website just had to vent.

And on the Hunt claims Rwest75 is dead-on Lambos and Ferrari's are much easier to get photo's of than the GT is that's why I did it.
    Last edited by jeffnoel; 04-21-2005 at 05:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by nathanralph
    I agree that the face-offs tend to be a popularity contest.

The face-offs are a popularity contest. IMO I feel that it should be mandatory to have a comment box when you vote in a face-off that both competitors can read. It should be constructive critisim. I'm reading a lot of what people have to say about this and how it's going to take too long and I don't want to vote then. Fine, if you can't take a minute to explain the reason why you voted for the other person then I feel you shouldn't have voted. I mean, in all honesty if you want to have a person really look at each car (which that's how it should be done) and take the time to look at what each car has done, then you can write a comment and explain why you picked this car. It should be fun and you should take your time, it's not something that you should fly by and click b/c you 'know' that car. What if the other car that you don't know has a lot more done? You didn't even give that stang a chance.

2002 Mineral Grey Roush Stage II -#8012

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnoel
    How about making it so the challenged member has to except the face-off instead of being dragged into it because you have enough points. That way if you don't think the face-off would be voted on fairly (meaning on the merits of your Stang) you can decline to participate. I just lost to a member who only has one Mustang pic on their website just had to vent.

And on the Hunt claims Rwest75 is dead-on Lambos and Ferrari's are much easier to get photo's of than the GT is that's why I did it.
    I wasn't contesting the fact that it's harder to get a photo with a Ford GT. That's not the point. I was contesting the fact that it was voted "real" in a hunt claim that clearly stated "Picture with a Ferrari or Lambo." There was zero room for interpretation there. The claim clearly didn't meet the criteria, but was voted in favor with a count of 20-4. Who voted for these?
    If it was titled, "picture with a really rare sports car" or "picture with a $100,000+ car" I wouldn't have said a word. I like the fact that you got a picture with a Ford GT. I would love to do the same. Besides, you could have suggested a hunt claim for "a picture of your stang with a Ford GT."

It's no different than taking a picture of your stang beside K-Mart for a hunt claim that asked for Wal-Mart. How about a picture of McDonalds instead of Burger King? Is that the same?

EDIT - wouldnt you know it? Now there is a hunt claim titled, "picture of your stang with a Ford GT."
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

Droptop, why is your name blue? that's been confusing me.

I think showing who you voted for will lead to alliances and grudges as well. This system works pretty good. I just can't understand why a car like Sweetstang has so many losses. It's truly a wonderful car.

Maybe we should install some kind of handicap where if you challenge someone you either ask for a spot or give one up.

Quote Originally Posted by CODY2003
    Droptop, why is your name blue? that's been confusing me.
    I wish it was in yellow.

The answer to your (off-topic ) question lies here.
    -Ryan D.

-sig by crimsonblack

Quote Originally Posted by Droptop2001GT
    I wish it was in yellow.

The answer to your (off-topic ) question lies here.
    ah, thank you. I have been wondering. as for this thread I don't believe that it belongs in the lounge, but concidering the sway in topic I do not believe where it should be placed.

J's Journalism Project 93ramvert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roushbabe
    The face-offs are a popularity contest. IMO I feel that it should be mandatory to have a comment box when you vote in a face-off that both competitors can read. It should be constructive critisim. I'm reading a lot of what people have to say about this and how it's going to take too long and I don't want to vote then. Fine, if you can't take a minute to explain the reason why you voted for the other person then I feel you shouldn't have voted. I mean, in all honesty if you want to have a person really look at each car (which that's how it should be done) and take the time to look at what each car has done, then you can write a comment and explain why you picked this car. It should be fun and you should take your time, it's not something that you should fly by and click b/c you 'know' that car. What if the other car that you don't know has a lot more done? You didn't even give that stang a chance.
    I agree but the popular vote getters will bitch about that, Like you said a real nice car may be being passed up because you know another car. whatever, I'm just going to ask J to put like 100 crossed out ponies on my site, that way I can be a crossed out Pony Whore, ohhhh wait I already am!!!!

Mustang stuff for sale Stang Gurl's Avatar

I think everyone should just chill and take it for what it is... a GAME on a mustang forum. Its not a life and death matter. When you nit pick this and make rules for that, and this and that are manditory to vote... it will SUCK.... it wont be fun and you will lose participants. Im not a popular member, at least I dont consider myself one, I bitch too much lol... but, I have my fair share of wins so I dont think I got them on the popular vote. I say leave it how it is except maybe an OPTIONAL comment box. Its just a game guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 93ramvert
    Maybe your right, But at least the tru votes would probably be out there, If I try to pimp out for votes or if the whole popularity think is going on that my make it a more even contest. If your voting for someone because he's more popular on the site well you can still do that but you have to take the timeto do it, on the same hand that person may be going up against someone fairly new, or in most of my cases does'nt even match up with the car that has challenged then you are forced at looking at the underdog, that ride may in fact be a better car. It just pisses me off when it's not an evenly matched face-off, Look at Cobra94 for instance, in every face-off that he's been in that he's started he has picked a car that closely matches his car, he's not taking the easy votes. Now let's do this do a face-off of his 94 Cobra and my 93 LX, he's got two things going for him 1 he's higher on the food chain, Why? Cobra, good all around dude. 2 just the fact he's got a Cobra he's already got the votes. But Dan wouldn't do that, not to me not to anyone just for the plain fact that he doesn't want the easy win.

Imagine I lost my face off to a 2002 last night, if we're going to continue on this route J should just start giving points just for signing in or 1 point for every hour spent on the site. The face-off is'nt fun not because I've been in like 7 or 8 and only have 1 win but because I'm getting challenged by members who know that they'll get the win. It's not a fair race.

When I'm in a mustang show they don't line me up to a 2002 GT, hell they won't even put me near a 93 Cobra. Why? well it's obvious why, HEY I've got an Idea maybe I'll take on BlackAcid in a face-off called "Best Mustang".
    my last reply to this was deleted or missing. so here i'll try again.

thanks 4 the comments and i agree. dont sell yourself short in a face off between us tho. but your right. we are not in the same class.

i like your idea ..."maybe I'll take on BlackAcid in a face-off called "Best Mustang"
    then you can go to the hunt and start "my car with a seat" or "my car next to a tree" or some shit for some easy points. I think your on to something here brotha.

[QUOTE=Cobra94]my last reply to this was deleted or missing. so here i'll try again.

thanks 4 the comments and i agree. dont sell yourself short in a face off between us tho. but your right. we are not in the same class.

Come on dude, You now better than that. I'm not selling myself short I think my cars is the Bomb, and Your car is the Bomb, but It's obvious which would be taklen first if they were put out there for free. The Cobra is going first. I'm comfortable with that, I had the money to get what I wanted, I let two or three Cobras slip threw my hands while contemplating what to do with this car. But you put my car up to another car of similar mods, well now you've got a contest. I know you know that, I 'm just saying it. By the way I was just challenged again by another New Age Mustang. I took the challenge but I pimped out my votes to the YMR, god I'm a slut. But I'm not yellow so they'll prob. say screw you and I'll lose another. Oh well here comes another crossed out pony.

I Gotstang!! Right Here!

By the way I was just challenged again by another New Age Mustang. I took the challenge but I pimped out my votes to the YMR, god I'm a slut. But I'm not yellow so they'll prob. say screw you and I'll lose another. Oh well here comes another crossed out

MTXpro, I hope you read this....Haveing a title that reads "Just for Kicks" and then putting up 75 points, is not a "Just for Kicks" Face-off, you ASS....Wager 1 point if it is "Just for Kicks". I hope you lose this one CHUMP!!!! My vote went to 93ramvert for a couple of reasons....1) I think 93ramvert has a lot more TLC into his car. 2) He has a vert, I'm partial to verts. and 3) You challenged him for 75 points, because it wasn't "Just for Kicks", it was for you to gain a quick 75 points. NOW YOU LOSE!!!!!

GO 93ramvert.....You deserve it a lot more than MTXpro....

Quote Originally Posted by 04Saleen
    MTXpro, I hope you read this....Haveing a title that reads "Just for Kicks" and then putting up 75 points, is not a "Just for Kicks" Face-off, you ASS....Wager 1 point if it is "Just for Kicks". I hope you lose this one CHUMP!!!! My vote went to 93ramvert for a couple of reasons....1) I think 93ramvert has a lot more TLC into his car. 2) He has a vert, I'm partial to verts. and 3) You challenged him for 75 points, because it wasn't "Just for Kicks", it was for you to gain a quick 75 points. NOW YOU LOSE!!!!!

As much as I'd love to say I could win, there is no chance in hell that I'll pull off a win, unless of course like I said above the YMR come through for me. Doubt it hehehe. I can only shrug my shoulders and give up.

I really appreciate the compliments 04Saleen, I do take care of it, but unfortunately that doesn't matter to a lot of people on the site. I've just decided unless J divides face-off's into classes I'll keep getting my tailpipes handed to me by the Cheesy New Age guys looking for easy points. I did see the just for kicks part, but did'nt really even pay attention to the points, You've made a valid argument. I accepted the challenge on this, because I want to show everyone how this is working. Just since we've started this thread, I've gotten 2 challenges by two New Age Stangs. WTF

"Banned from the track" blown93feature's Avatar

I read all the posts in this thread and I can tell ya that when it comes down to it, it dosen't really matter. I have lost face offs to cars that are almost stock and the total price of their car dosen't cover the cost in my motor alone. The real issue is to have fun and to not let yourself get frustrated over something as minuscule as this, or to something you don't agree with because of pride or the obvious. I really enjoy you people, and have made some friends on here, and not to mention we all have a common thread and that's our cars" right?

I believe if there is one solution that could work, it would come from all of you! If you take the time to think about what it is that your looking at and be true to yourself weigh out the differences, you will make a reasonable choice in the face-offs or tournys or whatever is going on.

To top it all off, I believe the main purpose of this site has been lost(and that's to show your car off,meet new people and have a laugh) . I came here because of charlie and his word that this site wasn't like some of the others and that you were excepted and respected unless you ruined it. I told charlie that I wasn't going to join at first because of the very actions and arguments that have gone on here recently and that it always turns out to this. I don't care if I win,lose or draw in these type of events beacuse it's here for fun and if I thought that I needed an ego boost I would go to a real event, for points from real judges.

I say "keep it real" and this site will do great

Bottom line is when there was competition added the main focus of the site was thrown out of wack. Now when I go to a car show, do I go to win, well I would like to but, I go to look at all the Mustangs, but I now I have a better shot at winning against someone in my own class than I would if I were to go up in a Cobra class. Your right Joe we're supposed to be here for fun I guess I'm getting caught up in the points and the rankings. It's when you get people that are on here only for the points and rankings that start to ruin it. I mean most of the members that seem to post are here for interaction and to show there car, and make friends, these same guy's aren't out there slamming people for easy points. Even the more popular members aren't doing it. just since this thread has started I've been challenged in 4 or 5 face-offs, all of them are New Age Mustangs, most members on the site tend to go new age, so of course I lose, I was challenged this morning by a New Age Yellow, well no shit I've got two things going against me. Like I said a few posts ago, I had the money to put myself into a 97 or younger Cobra, or newer age mustangs, I went for my car because it just it was the only one that I had seen that made me say I have to have that car. Now I'm not pissed because memebers aren't voting for me over a new age, hey if you like the car better that's fine, I like new age too. I guess I could ignore the website part of it and just come here, but I like to look at all the cool cars, but it's gotten to the point where I can't even leave a compliment for a car without getting a face-off from that person. I like the idea of having to accept any face-off, not just when you're trying to pick on someone below you.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Saleen

well said.

I agree but the popular vote getters will bitch about that, Like you said a real nice car may be being passed up because you know another car. whatever, I'm just going to ask J to put like 100 crossed out ponies on my site, that way I can be a crossed out Pony Whore, ohhhh wait I already am!!!!
    here u got brotha, im always thinking of ya

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra94
    here u got brotha, im always thinking of ya

You go Bay Path that's 60 I said 100. hehehehe

Thread Information